Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Near time for another Beers?
    Any ideas, dates etc?
    20th/21st is the only time I'd be available, Retr0 has no car afaik and the 27th we've Kaizokucon.
    Almost all of March is pretty free though I think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wasn't thinking of hosting the next one, let someone else show me how it's done!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I hear o1s1n has a new gaff...

I wasn't thinking of hosting the next one, let someone else show me how it's done!
    Oh sorry, was just putting the dates out there myself

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Seems like an age since we all saw each other, back at the start of December.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'd love to host but my house is never free unfortunately :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,938 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sligo beers?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sligo beers?

That's so 1992!

I don't mind hosting one in mine, how easy is Monkstown for everyone to get to?

That's so 1992!

For clarity that's a year in the middle of my studenting days in Sligo.
    Good times.
    Many of which involved alcohol, wimmins, megadrives, snes' and the occasional gameboy.
    Or more than one at once.
    It's all a blur now, thank glob!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,938 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is it wrong that I want the humble bundle pillow case?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hah! :D I thought of you when I saw those! :D

Worth picking up the bundle? (Minus the pillow cases for me)

Probably worth it if you are interested in trying Visual Novels sometime. They aren't for everyone and they aren't exactly the best VN's you can buy (still waiting on the Higurashi steam release :/ ) but they are fun.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Is it wrong that I want the humble bundle pillow case?
    If its as soft as the love pillow from Akuma I would say yeah, if I had the money I'd pick it up myself.

Okay, so if we don't do streaming, how about a regular Beers?
    I don't mind hosting again, if peeps are okay with that.
    Just figure out dates and we can aim for that

Okay, so if we don't do streaming, how about a regular Beers?
    I don't mind hosting again, if peeps are okay with that.
    Just figure out dates and we can aim for that
    Edit: it's been booked, I'll be gone from the 10th - 14th of April to visit my friend in the Netherlands

As the actress said to the bishop, we'll try to squeeze one in before Retr0 leaves us!

The fundraising day for Bro con is on the 28th of March too, normally I'd skip it for a beers but we're doing a bake sale and I offered a bed for the night for the night too.

How are people for the first week in April? 3rd of April?
    Is anyone really up for one or should we leave it for later in the year?

I'll be visiting the missus in the UK around that time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I think that's fine for me

It should be okay for me, dunno about Retr0 but he'll post later on.

3rd should be ok for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I should be okay for then too, best have it before Retro's trip in anyway. Lord knows what perversions will come home in the suitcase. The last thing I want to see is him prancing around in a kimono while playing the latest ddr release. My eyes just aren't ready for that;)

I should be okay for then too, best have it before Retro's trip in anyway. Lord knows what perversions will come home in the suitcase. The last thing I want to see is him prancing around in a kimono while playing the latest ddr release. My eyes just aren't ready for that;)

Its eating fancy kit kats dressed in vending machine school girls underwear that we'll have to worry about, all while gyrating over an MSX.... I think I need a lie down....

Would Saturday 4th suit instead?

Would Saturday 4th suit instead?
    Should be fine for me, I assume Retr0 is fine with it

I would be off then, whilst I'm working on the 3rd.
    Plus, the 3rd is Good Friday, so you're not allowed to have fun on that day, for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

3rd would be perfect for me for obvious reasons think im rostered for the 4th but will check when i go in tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

If the 4th is settled upon, there is a good chance I (and the young lad) could be able to attend :eek:

Advertisement