Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Company Discriminates Against Gays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

reprise wrote: »

I think that's someone taking the piss out of your posts.

And you guys were throwing it around before that post.

And it doesn't address my point. Wouldn't it be ****ty of me to stick "f4ggot" in my replies to you, as if you had used it? It would be me accusing you of being a homophobe. You wouldn't like that, and rightly so.

bjork wrote: »
    Maybe they are al la carte christians?

Amazing how the gays are always on that cart, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Amazing how the gays are always on that cart, isn't it?

At least they are consistent in their beliefs and not big hypocrites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

I think that's someone taking the piss out of your posts.

So again, one rule for them, one rule for me.
    And you guys were throwing it around before that post.

Not so fast. I didn't.
    And it doesn't address my point. Wouldn't it be ****ty of me to stick "f4ggot" in my replies to you, as if you had used it? It would be me accusing you of being a homophobe. You wouldn't like that, and rightly so.

I wouldn't like it because it simply isn't true.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I did clarify multiple times
    you ignored the point every single time
    Just like you are doing now
    I hope this post is not too long

There was NO clarification - I had to figure out what the hell you were repeatedly on about. Get ovet it.

• Advertisement

At least they are consistent in their beliefs and not big hypocrites.

Well, no. Not if they are a la carte. I am sure they are happy to print flyers for businesses that open Sundays. But that's cool. I wonder why a private invite for a civil partnership is worse?

gozunda wrote: »
    There was NO clarification - I had to figure out what the hell you were repeatedly on about. Get ovet it.

Give Reprises question a go if mine are too hard for you

Well, no. Not if they are a la carte. I am sure they are happy to print flyers for businesses that open Sundays. But that's cool. I wonder why a private invite for a civil partnership is worse?

They can pick what ever bit of the religion to follow that they want and still call themselves christians, as has been determined earlier

Hear hear!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94663096&postcount=1552

Perhaps stop trying so hard to be smart that would be a good start. If you really do wish to discuss the topic such replies as above are contemptible

• Advertisement

Perhaps stop trying so hard to be smart that would be a good start. If you really do wish to discuss the topic such replies are contemptible.

Great, you are up for discussing the topic!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94663096&postcount=1552

So again, one rule for them, one rule for me.

what? No. I don't give a ****. Say what you like. But you will look like a judgmental and/or petty jerk if you imply a poster who hasn't used it has.

Not so fast. I didn't.

oh yes? See below

I wouldn't like it because it simply isn't true.

have you any reason to think these posters you are replying to with "breeder" are the kind of people who think that way about you?
    I find facing up to my "breeder" responsibilities quite stressful at times, especially knowing I am disbarred from places where I might unwind on account of my oppressive sexuality. Maybe those guys are on to something.

Reprise, I'll give it a go> Even though another perspective would be nice, but enough pandering...........

Just like in this case no discrimination has taken place as the printer does not provide that service. He has a conscientious objection to the material being printed, as is his right, and can choose not to print it. It is well within the law to do so and he can not and should not be forced to print the material.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Why do you keep obsessing over this 'insult'? How is it even an insult? The term carries no negative connotations whatsoever and breeding is essential to our survival so jokes on whoever used that stupid word

They can pick what ever bit of the religion to follow that they want and still call themselves christians, as has been determined earlier

Of course they can. And the public may say "hey, look at these assholes" and destroy the business. Ah well.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Why do you keep obsessing over this 'insult'? How is it even an insult? The term carries no negative connotations whatsoever and breeding is essential to our survival so jokes on whoever used that stupid word

1. Define "obsessing".
    2. Explain this.

Of course they can. And the public may say "hey, look at these assholes" and destroy the business. Ah well.

The gay guy operates a hairdressing business in Drogheda too.

Be careful what you wish for.

So we persecute them until they go out of business,

We've had the FB hate campaign
    Radio interviews with 5 hours
    Flags been hung outside the building

What's next?

Sounds like a plan :rolleyes:

"PERSECUTION OF CHRISTIANS REACHES HISTORIC LEVELS, CONDITIONS SUGGEST WORST IS YET TO COME"

(the capitals are the headlines I copied >not me shouting)

1. Define "obsessing".
    2. Explain this.

Bout as offensive as a white person being called cracker... 'get over it' as so many other posters have told gay people to do
    And Ive seen you bring up the word out of the blue in about four different posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Im just going to ask, if the business was made fulfil the wedding invitations for the homosexual couple, would it not be discrimination towards the owner because they are not allowed follow the beliefs of their religion?

• Advertisement

The gay guy operates a hairdressing business in Drogheda too.

Be careful what you wish for.

I can only speak for myself, but if you are a homophobe and/or want to show your displeasure with the behaviour of other gay people by taking it out on my business, be my guest. Make my day. I believe you are on the wrong side of history, and your numbers are dwindling.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Im just going to ask, if the business was made fulfil the wedding invitations for the homosexual couple, would it not be discrimination towards the owner because they are not allowed follow the beliefs of their religion?

Only if you believe the ECHR, but what would they know, huh?

plot twist
    the bigot becomes the bigoted

Bout as offensive as a white person being called cracker... 'get over it' as so many other posters have told gay people to do
    And Ive seen you bring up the word out of the blue in about four different posts.

Who appointed you the role of deciding what is and isn't offensive?

I have only ever used the word in context and in response to someone else employing it, oddly enough, always someone LGBTH. Feel free to directly link otherwise.

So we persecute them until they go out of business,

We've had the FB hate campaign
    Radio interviews with 5 hours
    Flags been hung outside the building

What's next?

Sounds like a plan

From the person who self declared they were targeting a gay sauna demanding entry and giving out about the facilities...:rolleyes:

You couldn't make it up ...

From the person who self declared they were targeting a gay sauna demanding entry and giving out about the facilities...:rolleyes:

Now that's irony

I can only speak for myself, but if you are a homophobe and/or want to show your displeasure with the behaviour of other gay people by taking it out on my business, be my guest. Make my day. I believe you are on the wrong side of history, and your numbers are dwindling.

Your business?

What are you talking about?

Could you make up an answer to my question gozunda?

plot twist
    the bigot becomes the bigoted

It's called identity politics.

• Advertisement

Well following a ruling of 2 specific cases by the 2013 European Court of Human Rights -the answer is no - it would not be discrimation against the owner of the business.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement