Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Company Discriminates Against Gays

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

and an ellipsis is still only three dots.

Just being pedantic Ripper but an extended ellipsis is classified as being greater than 2 dots.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Oh being a Black Slave in the Southern States of America was worse than being a homosexual in Ireland was it .......... thank you :rolleyes:

Would you like to re read my post? Emphasis on post slavery.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

bjork wrote: »

Im sorry your replies above make no sense to the questions I asked so as to clarify what points you were making.

The end result of the same sex couple discrimination was as I stated

In cases to 3 & 4 the court found against the defendants with regard to their refusal to the provision of services to same-sex couples and rejected their claim of religious discrimination.

That means that the ECOHR found it was not permissible to use a claim of religous discrimination as a reason to refuse services to same sex couples.

What is your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Really ? When were gay people not allowed to vote or had to sit in certain parts or use different bathrooms. Or hung or any of the other horrible things that happened to blacks in the USA. People really need a bit of perspective.

Have you visited Cavan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

galljga1 wrote: »
    Just being pedantic Ripper but an extended ellipsis is classified as being greater than 2 dots.

An easy way to remember is One dot for every business

.the cake shop
    .Daintree, cake topper>manager and staff had to leave
    .drogheda printers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

bb1234567 wrote: »

No just no.... Is history taught this terribly in schools people can compare the 2 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Post slavery .......... ok, racism in the US is presently killing people (most recently police shooting unarmed black men) ........... and homosexuals in Ireland are flipping out over cakes and invitations .......... a bit of context please! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

gozunda wrote: »
    Im sorry your replies (.....)

What is your point?

I'm still waiting...

(we're good on three dots - right? Lord knows, I don't want to offend anyone else)

Im sorry your replies above make no sense to the questions I asked so as to clarify what points you were making.

The end result of the same sex couple discrimination was as I stated

In cases to 3 & 4 the court found against the defendants with regard to their refusal to the provision of services to same-sex couples and rejected their claim of religious discrimination.

That means that the ECOHR found it was not permissible to use a claim of religous discrimination as a reason to refuse services to same sex couples.

What is your point?

because they agreed to the councils "dignity for all" policy and her beliefs were a barrier to the council adhereing to it's policy.

Does the printer have a "dignity for all" policy or similar?
    Was he in breech of it?

What's so hard to understand?

Really ? When were gay people not allowed to vote or had to sit in certain parts or use different bathrooms. Or hung or any of the other horrible things that happened to blacks in the USA. People really need a bit of perspective.

What the hell? Mass genocide of homosexuals throughout europe just less than 75 years ago doesn't ring any bells? Chemical castrations during the 60's? Forced sterilisation/eugenics in the states during the 60's? Hmm ??? And are you just oblivious to the fact that being gay is punishable by death in several countries STILL? And you really think that gay people were never hung or beaten to death like black people were? That is if they were brave enough to put their life in their hands and even come out so they could be targeted

• Advertisement

What the hell? Mass genocide of homosexuals throughout europe just less than 75 years ago doesn't ring any bells? Chemical castrations during the 60's? Forced sterilisation/eugenics in the states during the 60's? Hmm ??? And are you just oblivious to the fact that being gay is punishable by death in several countries STILL? And you really think that gay people were never hung or beaten to death like black people were?

and here we are worrying over a few invitations for a same sex ceremony

and here we are worrying over a few invitations for a same sex ceremony

How quickly we forget... :o

What the hell? Mass genocide of homosexuals throughout europe just less than 75 years ago doesn't ring any bells? Chemical castrations during the 60's? Forced sterilisation/eugenics in the states during the 60's? Hmm ??? And are you just oblivious to the fact that being gay is punishable by death in several countries STILL? And you really think that gay people were never hung or beaten to death like black people were?

How can you keep digging this hole ............ none of that equates or has ever equated to being a homosexual in Ireland where your biggest concern these days are bakers and printers ......... please stop disrespecting groups of people with real struggles around the world by putting yourself in the same bracket.

Post slavery .......... ok, racism in the US is presently killing people (most recently police shooting unarmed black men) ........... and homosexuals in Ireland are flipping out over cakes and invitations .......... a bit of context please! :rolleyes:

Why are you comparing american racism and irish lgbt issues? Obviously if I brought up american racism I was also talking about lgbt issues in america

because they agreed to the councils "dignity for all" policy and her beliefs were a barrier to the council adhereing to it's policy.

Does the printer have a "dignity for all" policy or similar?
    Was he in breech of it?
    What's so hard to understand?

Well first I asked the following questions

From your points above can you explain

1) which case are you referring to?

You answered 'yes'??

2) which companies ditto?

You answered 'yes'??

3) are you referring to the Drogheda
    printer?

You answered 'yes'??

4) where does it say that for the relevant cases

You answered 'yes'??

Wtf?

You have now replied

Ok so this concerns case number 3

3) Following the introduction of Civil Partnership in the UK, the third applicant Ms Ladele, a civil registrar at the London Borough of Islington, refused to be designated a registrar of civil partnerships. This refusal was in direct violation of the Borough’s ‘Dignity for All’ policy, which committed the Borough and its staff to provide services to all members of the community, irrespective of age, gender, disability, faith, race, nationality, sexuality, health or income. Ms Ladele’s refusal culminated in the loss of her job. The Court found, however, that the Borough acted in a legitimate manner in applying a policy of equal opportunities, aimed at “securing the rights of others”, and that obliging Ms Ladele to comply with this policy was both legitimate and proportionate.

Yes that means 'she' was found to be in the wrong not the council. The court found against her.

That is no relevancy to the printer policy or otherwise!

So now we have moved the goal posts to the holocaust and everyone outside Ireland....

How can you keep digging this hole ............ none of that equates or has ever equated to being a homosexual in Ireland where your biggest concern these days are bakers and printers ......... please stop disrespecting groups of people with real struggles around the world by putting yourself in the same bracket.

Wow so you think that irish gays have had it a whole lot better than american gay people?

Why are you comparing american racism and irish lgbt issues? Obviously if I brought up american racism I was also talking about lgbt issues in america

The lgbt side brought up Rosa Parks and blacks in the USA we are simply replying.

yeah, god shut up gays! so demanding, black people forgot slavery so why shouldn't we forget this!
    Obviously treatment of black slaves was worse.. but the marginalisation of both groups throughout history post slavery is certainly comparable.

What ........... :confused::confused::confused:

What ........... :confused::confused::confused:

I think when one argues round in circles and moving goal posts one forgets who brought up what. :pac:

• Advertisement

Well first I asked the following questions

From your points above can you explain

1) which case are you referring to?

You answered 'yes'??

2) which companies ditto?

You answered 'yes'??

3) are you referring to the Drogheda
    printer?

You answered 'yes'??

4) where does it say that for the relevant cases

You answered 'yes'??

Wtf?

You have now replied

Yes that means 'she' was found to be in the wrong not the council. The court found against her.

That is no relevancy to the printer policy or otherwise!

Of course it does>> It's the case you said was relevant earlier, you know the one you referred me too? The one you were quoting Mr. Kellys opinion on, and then denying he said it? That one

If it has no relevance, why did you keep quoting Mr. Kellys opinion on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

galljga1 wrote: »

Quite right. I still feel it is being abused here.

Wow so you think that irish gays have had it a whole lot better than american gay people?

You compared Irish Homosexuals to African American Slavery ......... then you went further and compared being a homosexual in Ireland to post Slavery present day Racism in the US .......... death by torture versus ....... cakes and invitations

I think when one argues round in circles and moving goal posts one forgets who brought up what. :pac:

At least it's participation.

I have asked gozunda of the one hundred plus posts a question over five times and he is still refusing to answer for some unknown reason.

reprise wrote: »
    How quickly we forget... :o

Never forget #invitations2015

reprise wrote: »
    At least it's participation.

I have asked gozunda of the one hundred plus posts a question over five times and he is still refusing to answer for some unknown reason.

Because he doesn't know how to without looking foolish ..............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

An easy way to remember is One dot for every business

.the cake shop
    .Daintree, cake topper>manager and staff had to leave
    .drogheda printers

Good. It's a pity they didn't listen to judge not, lest ye be judged. Can't demand that you get to voice your opinion without others doing the same to you. I won't shed a tear if they lose their businesses. I would feel bad for the other staff.

Of course it does>> It's the case you said was relevant earlier, you know the one you referred me too? The one you were quoting Mr. Kellys opinion on, and then denying he said it? That one

If it has no relevance, why did you keep quoting Mr. Kellys opinion on it?

Of course it does what? Bjork you are being clear as mud. And I think you are desperately attempting to back peddle.
    My reply about Mr Kelly was supposed to be ironic - my fault I should have made it clearer.

The end result of this is that the ECOHR have found that religous belief is not a valid reason for refusing services to same sex couples. End of.

Of course it does what? Bjork you are being clear as mud. And I think you are desperately attempting to back peddle.
    My reply about Mr Kelly was supposed to be ironic - my fault I should have made it clearer.

The end result of this is that the ECOHR have found that religous belief is not a valid reason for refusing services to same sex couples. End of.

Ironic, an ironic reply by saying it was a ruling and not an opinion - what's ironic about it
    please explain

Pleas link to this ruling>

• Advertisement

Because he doesn't know how to without looking foolish ..............

But not answering the question looks even more foolish. I thought this was a debate - not a bulletin board.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94663096&postcount=1552

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement