Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

*******Motors Chat - Round 7*******

Options
1308309310311312314»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,428 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Discs usually have a coating alright. Make sure wheel not getting hot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

What type of dog did you get?

A little cooker spaniel, nice little thing when she's not biting everything in sight.

IMG_20150302_202513_zpsjqvzvbtj.jpg

colm_mcm wrote: »

I'd have that over a dacia.

Was just thinking along the same lines!
    Was thinking how that would actually sell, and that skoda really isn't outdated enough anymore.
    Vw need a new sub-brand!
    Or maybe they don't, and are clever enough to know what they're doing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

A little cooker spaniel, nice little thing when she's not biting everything in sight.

Dogs are nightmares when pups for biting. My bead side locker still has teeth marks and I remember when I just got a brand new phone left it on the table, and had a few games on xbox 360, went to check the phone and it was eating couldn't fúcking believe it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I'd probably rate that better than Douglas to be honest :D

Douglas is cool have a great pub on main st, used to go to Aug bank holiday weekends for a almighty session with the lads and go to the vw show every year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

11058484_790829330993378_7986777696068929625_n.jpg?oh=2033f84e32415b5d1bdf7adaacc50885&oe=5591F9B1&__gda__=1435108571_32ff42f1f8a22dde17e46f5da3eac128

263928_170x100.png

Dogs are nightmares when pups for biting. My bead side locker still has teeth marks and I remember when I just got a brand new phone left it on the table, and had a few games on xbox 360, went to check the phone and it was eating couldn't fúcking believe it.

You actually can't leave them alone for a minute. Hasn't killed anything expensive...yet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

GvidoR wrote: »

Might rust it a bit though. :)

Hey gvido If it was my car I'd put a vento front end on it , looks classy when done right with the rebadged grill.

I wouldn't go down the rat look route myself it's not cool anymore mate..

Get googleing vento fronted golf estates and cabrios for some inspiration:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

davycc wrote: »
    Douglas is cool have a great pub on main st, used to go to Aug bank holiday weekends for a almighty session with the lads and go to the vw show every year

I suppose when you're there everyday it gets a bit sh1te, plus it's full of scumbags!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

davycc wrote: »
    Hey gvido If it was my car I'd put a vento front end on it , looks classy when done right with the rebadged grill.

I wouldn't go down the rat look route myself it's not cool anymore mate..

Get googleing vento fronted golf estates and cabrios for some inspiration:-)

I'm aware of that whole Golf/Jetta front end thing and I have been considering it. The best way to do it would be if I could find someone with a Vento who wants a Golf front.

If I was going to make it ratty, I wouldn't go as far as most of them do.

I kinda like the way I have the grille now. (today I did something thread if you haven't seen it yet)

I'm aware of that whole Golf/Jetta front end thing and I have been considering it. The best way to do it would be if I could find someone with a Vento who wants a Golf front.

I kinda like the way I have the grille now. (today I did something thread if you haven't seen it yet)

Did you get rid of the bora?

Did you get rid of the bora?

Still have it but I'm going to sell it. Just have to put the original air filter box on and stuff like that.

It's a shame the Bora has 5 studs, where as the Golf has 4. I have nearly brand new Goodyears up front on the Bora. :(

Personally, OEM+ it. They're getting pretty rare and I wouldn't do anything that would ruin it.

Personally, OEM+ it. They're getting pretty rare and I wouldn't do anything that would ruin it.

I could get another bonnet, have one rusty and one clean. :P

Still have it but I'm going to sell it. Just have to put the original air filter box on and stuff like that.

It's a shame the Bora has 5 studs, where as the Golf has 4. I have nearly brand new Goodyears up front on the Bora. :(

Would it be worth your while to get them changed over?

Would it be worth your while to get them changed over?

I probably would but the wheels are not the same size either.

IMG_20150302_202513_zpsjqvzvbtj.jpg

image.png

[GIRLYMOMENT]She's lovely. Look at her little face[/GIRLYMOMENT]

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

image.png

[GIRLYMOMENT]She's lovely. Look at her little face[/GIRLYMOMENT]

BANNED

I had a very odd experience in work today, i was at the tills, doing what is normally done at tills, and 2 managers and a few other staff walk up around me, while customers were there and present me with a little badge with an l plate saying "im new" made a speech and everyone sorta awkwardly clapped, and business carried on as normal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I had a very odd experience in work today, i was at the tills, doing what is normally done at tills, and 2 managers and a few other staff walk up around me, while customers were there and present me with a little badge with an l plate saying "im new" made a speech and everyone sorta awkwardly clapped, and business carried on as normal 

Ha gaaaaaaayy :pac:

Suppose it made you feel like a right twat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,256 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Nothing wrong with girly moments :) shur I have them all the time :D on motoring news I'm thinking of changing the car but have no idea what I want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I had a very odd experience in work today, i was at the tills, doing what is normally done at tills, and 2 managers and a few other staff walk up around me, while customers were there and present me with a little badge with an l plate saying "im new" made a speech and everyone sorta awkwardly clapped, and business carried on as normal :pac:

Do you not work at a car garage by the sounds of all that with badges and managers you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

BANNED

Whenever a manager asks you a car related question , you will answer correctly.

You should ask him a question back like "how do you change an inlet manifold in saab" or "do you know how to change a thermostat in a Ford/opel/vw ?"

And when he can't answer the questions you just pin that L plate to his shirt ;)

BANNED

Do you work for Apple or something? Thats the type of cringy thing they'd do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Do you work for Apple or something? Thats the type of cringy thing they'd do.
    Whenever a manager asks you a car related question , you will answer correctly.

You should ask him a question back like "how do you change an inlet manifold in saab" or "do you know how to change a thermostat in a Ford/opel/vw ?"

And when he can't answer the questions you just pin that L plate to his shirt ;)
    Bpmull wrote: »
    Do you not work at a car garage by the sounds of all that with badges and managers you don't.
    Ha gaaaaaaayy :pac:

Suppose it made you feel like a right twat!

Haha i was just like eh lads....customers?

A 9-5 came in the other day, i got a tip of 20 quid for just talking crap about them for 10 minutes haha, i was let go in the garage bp, I'm a professional bulb fitter in halfords now :pac: its pays rather well actually 11 euro an hour :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Haha i was just like eh lads....customers?

A 9-5 came in the other day, i got a tip of 20 quid for just talking crap about them for 10 minutes haha, i was let go in the garage bp, I'm a professional bulb fitter in halfords now :pac: its pays rather well actually 11 euro an hour :D

Not so bad so. Compared to what you've done with the Saabs it's probably handy enough. 11 euro an hour is good going. Id say your one of a very few halfords employees that actually has a decent knowledge of cars the ones in kilkenny don't seem to have a clue. I've seen them making some very rough attempts at changing car bulbs before.

Round 8 here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement