Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

zarquon wrote: »
    At least there is no ambiguity around who the reverse flash is now.

As I said just above, we know who *A* Reverse Flash is... but remember that Wells and a yellow speedster had a bit of a barney a few weeks back as well. I think that the Reverse Flash we saw last night is not the same as the one we saw face off against Barry - unless Wells's suit can operate autonomously OR Wells has found a way to move so fast that he can literally appear to be in two places at once!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Crazy random theory time..

Wells is acting as a/the reverse Flash in order to push Barry harder. To motivate him to develop his speed to its full potential. Every action he's taken so far has been to protect Barry and ensure that the future he knows comes to pass - same thing this week, the (rogue) army unit were becoming too much of a threat so had to be removed.

Maybe Wells IS the future Barry and has been around since the night his mother got killed (remember Joe saying that Wells seemed to just "appear" in the city), and used his knowledge of the future to setup Star Labs and ultimately lead to the creation of The Flash - ie: the flashback where he actually watched Barry being hit by the lightning blast.
    As I said just above, we know who *A* Reverse Flash is... but remember that Wells and a yellow speedster had a bit of a barney a few weeks back as well. I think that the Reverse Flash we saw last night is not the same as the one we saw face off against Barry - unless Wells's suit can operate autonomously OR Wells has found a way to move so fast that he can literally appear to be in two places at once!

gilsheadexplodes.gif

Just to confirm what you're saying Kaiser - you think Wells is Barry from the future i.e. Barry went back in time to try and stop the reverse flash from killing his mother and has been there since....so he's been working until this point to getting back to the moment in time he went back from, in the process training Barry and ensuring he's able to go back and not make the same mistake again.....however, if Barry is successful in stopping his mother from being killed then that creates an alternate universe, one in which Wells never creates Star Labs which was the reason for Barry getting his powers etc. So is that Wells end game, to help Barry succeed and prevent Star Labs from being created, along with all the metahumans it created as a knock on effect.

It's interesting and something I hadn't considered. I think most people had assumed that Wells is the reverse flash and is doing this for some unknown personal gain

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The actors they chose look similar enough if you squint your eyes I suppose. They have similar builds at least so it's not the most ridiculous casting I've ever seen. If your theory is correct and that Wells is Barry from the future, then you have to hand it to the show runners for some forethought.

I'm not sure I believe the people behind the show are thinking that far ahead to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,388 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I feel like a complete Wally not getting my head around this time travel thing and how many Flashes & Reverse Flashes there is on this show.

• Advertisement

You are not alone in that. I'm fairly good at understanding the webs they weave and time travel as a concept but I prefer multiple dimensions as opposed to time travel.

I'm a big sci-fi fan but I wish they would leave time travel alone. It just brings any show/film/book into shark jumping territory for me. Even properties that do it well like the Terminator, I'm still not a fan of it as a story telling tool. You can perform too much deus ex machina. You are always wondering is the danger real with the characters because time travel can always reverse things.

I feel like a complete Wally not getting my head around this time travel thing and how many Flashes & Reverse Flashes there is on this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

unless Wells's suit can operate autonomously OR Wells has found a way to move so fast that he can literally appear to be in two places at once!

this is answered in the promo for episodes to come

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Sh!t I had a big thing written about my thoughts on the next episode that wouldn't spoiler properly for me so I panic deleted it.

Too lazy to write it all out again :mad:

Sh!t I had a big thing written about my thoughts on the next episode that wouldn't spoiler properly for me so I panic deleted it.

Too lazy to write it all out again :mad:

I always ctrl A, ctrl C before I post due to numerous occasions where my connection has dropped

Nothing more annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Melodeon

OT, but if you're using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari, the Lazarus add-on is great for resurrecting 'lost' content:
    http://getlazarus.com/download

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

D'Agger wrote: »
    Just to confirm what you're saying Kaiser - you think Wells is Barry from the future i.e. Barry went back in time to try and stop the reverse flash from killing his mother and has been there since....so he's been working until this point to getting back to the moment in time he went back from, in the process training Barry and ensuring he's able to go back and not make the same mistake again.....however, if Barry is successful in stopping his mother from being killed then that creates an alternate universe, one in which Wells never creates Star Labs which was the reason for Barry getting his powers etc. So is that Wells end game, to help Barry succeed and prevent Star Labs from being created, along with all the metahumans it created as a knock on effect.

It's interesting and something I hadn't considered. I think most people had assumed that Wells is the reverse flash and is doing this for some unknown personal gain
    Kirby wrote: »
    The actors they chose look similar enough if you squint your eyes I suppose. They have similar builds at least so it's not the most ridiculous casting I've ever seen. If your theory is correct and that Wells is Barry from the future, then you have to hand it to the show runners for some forethought.

I'm not sure I believe the people behind the show are thinking that far ahead to be honest.

I dunno. It wouldn't surprise me. They seem to be doing pretty well with the continuity and direction of the story so far. Each episode reveals something new to the arc with very little filler.

I think Wells being just an alternate/reverse/evil Flash is too predictable/easy.. having him turn out to be Future Barry would be a cool twist and fits with what we've seen so far in terms of him pushing/mentoring/protecting Barry and the lengths he'll go to.. no younger Barry = no him after all!

You could also read into the idea that Wells almost always refers to Barry as "Mr Allen" (perhaps trying to keep a subtle distance from his younger self so as not to arouse suspicion/questions?)

Anyway, if it turns out I'm right though then remember, you heard it here first! :P
    this is answered in the promo for episodes to come

Must look that up later so. [EDIT: Couldn't wait! :p
    Yay! I'm at least partly right anyway!
    ]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Are you forgetting a few weeks ago when the glass roof at Well's house broke? He ran out of the way with super speed......without the suit on. He was in jeans.
    yeah but that could be risidual effects of the suit, remember when he was walking and then suddenly he fell and said "not now" like he knew it would happen but it was a bad time, is was probably the residual effect of using the suit, it allows him to walk and run fast when hes using it, and the effects last for a period of time when he takes it off, but they do wear off, thats why hes trying to stabalise the suits effect with that device he stole, but its still not enough,

we've seen wells fall when he was walking, with no one around, so he is crippled, its the suit that allows him to walk, that why i say hes not a metahuman, but the suit is definitely a product derived form something wells found out during the particle accelerator explosion,

also wells must have been around for 20 of so years, building STAR labs to what it is now, i doubt he cam from the future and had STAR labs up and running in less than 5 years, hes obviously been around, surely people would be wondering where the hell this billionaire came out of, barry was reading a book about him on the train, so he must have a past thats not the future,

i think the wells is future barry story is coming from a lot of people watching
    predestination
    lately ;)

don ramo wrote: »
    thats why hes trying to stabalise the suits effect with that device he stole, but its still not enough,

I was figuring that it was that device, or perhaps some other device that allows him to walk and not the suit itself. It will be interesting to find out. I'm sure we will about halfway through season 2.

I was figuring that it was that device, or perhaps some other device that allows him to walk and not the suit itself. It will be interesting to find out. I'm sure we will about halfway through season 2.
    the device he stole was an upgrade to what he already had in the suit, it helped him walk before he got that device, if he has another device that helps him walk then that device is also malfunctioning, but id say its whatever was already in the suit,

Device-ception! :D

Device-ception! :D
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

I don't like raining on your "Well's is future Barry theory" but wouldn't his DNA have been a match to the wall sample and wouldn't it have been flagged sooner that Wells and Barry have the same if not similar DNA.

Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Future technology can mask your DNA. Sure haven't they seen enough of DNA being re-written with people gaining extra powers etc?

writetojd wrote: »
    I don't like raining on your "Well's is future Barry theory" but wouldn't his DNA have been a match to the wall sample and wouldn't it have been flagged sooner that Wells and Barry have the same if not similar DNA.

Just saying.

Following on from your point Wells is neither future Barry or the man in yellow from the night of the murder. DNA etc etc
    I think Wells will admit having speed force and being from the future to Cisco but will deny being THE man in yellow ( even though he is A man in yellow). But because of the hologram that Cisco finds next episode nobody believes him.

I think Wells is a descendant of Barry while the other man in yellow is either a decendant of Barry's rival for Iris, or the man himself Eddie Thawne

Joaquin-Phoenix-signs.gif

• Advertisement

Monotype wrote: »
    Future technology can mask your DNA. Sure haven't they seen enough of DNA being re-written with people gaining extra powers etc?

Good point

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

Monotype wrote: »

Isn't the basis of most superpowers genetic mutation or manipulation not DNA re-sequencing.

A Wally West?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,388 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A Wally West?

Just a guess
    since his wife is now on the show

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

this thread has me even more confused than the tv show

Mc Love wrote: »
    this thread has me even more confused than the tv show
    There's a TV SHOW?? :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,185 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

don ramo wrote: »
    yeah but that could be risidual effects of the suit, remember when he was walking and then suddenly he fell and said "not now" like he knew it would happen but it was a bad time, is was probably the residual effect of using the suit, it allows him to walk and run fast when hes using it, and the effects last for a period of time when he takes it off, but they do wear off, thats why hes trying to stabalise the suits effect with that device he stole, but its still not enough,

we've seen wells fall when he was walking, with no one around, so he is crippled, its the suit that allows him to walk, that why i say hes not a metahuman, but the suit is definitely a product derived form something wells found out during the particle accelerator explosion,

also wells must have been around for 20 of so years, building STAR labs to what it is now, i doubt he cam from the future and had STAR labs up and running in less than 5 years, hes obviously been around, surely people would be wondering where the hell this billionaire came out of, barry was reading a book about him on the train, so he must have a past thats not the future,

i think the wells is future barry story is coming from a lot of people watching
    predestination
    lately ;)

When he fell on the way to his secret room, did he not say something to the computer about not being able to maintain his connection to the speedforce?

I don't think sppedforce has been mentioned to Barry - ie. Barry just thinks he is quick rather than accessing some universal charge. It could be Wells is losing his connection to the speed force, and the suit empowers him to access it easier. So the suit helps him, rather than being the source of the speed. Also, he visibly heals in one ep - so his body has regenerative powers.

Another issue with the Reverse Flash/Wells/Edward issue is the fight Barry had with him. Edward and Wells were both in the room, and Wells was contemplating the need to get out of his chair. Why get out, out of fear of himself?

All very tangled and interesting, as it should be.

What I don't get is why Cisco, Katelyn and Barry - all seemingly nice people - have apparently no moral issue with indefinitely locking up the other 'meta-humans' in solitary confinement. The one especially getting me is Peek-a-boo. She was a petty criminal too in love with a scumbag - and she is sentenced without trial to a life in solitary confinement? Seems very harsh and I just can't get my head around everyone being perfectly ok with it.

Same here, not exactly right for them to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Deadline is reporting that a new DC Comics series is in the early stages of development, that will feature several fan-favorite recurring actors/characters from both shows. The new series is designed to serve as an ongoing team-up of superheroes with Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller and Caity Lotz (it is unclear whether Lotz will play Sara or a new superhero) all planned to star. The series will also introduce at least three DC Comics characters that have never before appeared on live-action television!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Deadline is reporting that a new DC Comics series is in the early stages of development, that will feature several fan-favorite recurring actors/characters from both shows. The new series is designed to serve as an ongoing team-up of superheroes with Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller and Caity Lotz (it is unclear whether Lotz will play Sara or a new superhero) all planned to star. The series will also introduce at least three DC Comics characters that have never before appeared on live-action television!

Possibly a Justice League show? They could have Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman etc. with Arrow and Flash appearning sparodically...

Advertisement