Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI SUPER 6 - Now starts Thursdays UPDATED

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

oops - mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Be careful with frozen fruit \ berries, there is a boil first health warning at the moment in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

ch750536 wrote: »
    Be careful with frozen fruit \ berries, there is a boil first health warning at the moment in Ireland.

Don't think it's on all fruit. And I thought it was on imported fruit only? and lastly, is it still in place, I thought this was from mid 2013??

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭KMFCross

ch750536 wrote: »

Surely it would only apply to Pre-Frozen berries. If you buy them fresh and freeze that should be sound otherwise you would have to boil the fresh ones before consumption

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

I usually freeze a banana overnight and chop it up to make the smoothies nice and cold :) That or stick whatever juice or liquid you're going to use in the freezer for an hour before you make the smoothie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

vicwatson wrote: »
    Don't think it's on all fruit. And I thought it was on imported fruit only? and lastly, is it still in place, I thought this was from mid 2013??

I was in Lidl yesterday and they had a sign up above the berries in the freezer telling you to boil them first so I guess its still going. It would make you wonder what the Food Safety people are up to, it's been more than a year now for sure.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I was in Lidl yesterday and they had a sign up above the berries in the freezer telling you to boil them first so I guess its still going. It would make you wonder what the Food Safety people are up to, it's been more than a year now for sure.

And ive yet to see such a sign in Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Muahahaha wrote: »

That's a new alert. Only been on a few months. concerns hand picked frozen fruit. You should of course wash any fruit that has been hand picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭frasr

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I know you mentioned frozen fruit, but just in case anyone doesn't know you have to be really careful with frozen berries, there has been a boil notice on them for the last few years due to the risk of hepatitis A
    "Consumers are being advised to boil any frozen berries which come from outside of Ireland for at least one minute before eating them."

http://www.thejournal.ie/frozen-berries-hepatitis-1661100-Sep2014/
    https://www.fsai.ie/faqs/berries_hepatitis_a.html

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cadiel

Hi there,

This weeks specials are:
    - Peppers. Going to add them to a batch of veg sauce for bolognese etc., and dice/freeze for cooking
    - Oranges - Going to juice (and water down!)
    - Blueberries - not big in our house, but nice and cheap to eat fresh, and will make some muffins
    - Pineapples - will buy a few as they last
    - White potates - will buy big bag equivalent
    - Apples - think we have enough in our house at the mo' :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭dasa29

Was in the local Aldi tonight and the Bacon fillet steaks 340g were reduced to €2, good few left, got 5 am going to freeze them. The use by on them is 27/02/2015.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

dasa29 wrote: »
    Was in the local Aldi tonight and the Bacon fillet steaks 340g were reduced to €2, good few left, got 5 am going to freeze them. The use by on them is 27/02/2015.

Are these the ones in the black / grey box if so they are handsome
    Just had one with a few wedges
    Gorgeous

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭dasa29

Are these the ones in the black / great box if so they are handsome
    Just had one with a few wedges
    Gorgeous

yep they are the one's in the black/ great box, I think it's over stock from when they were part of the super 6.

yep they are the one's in the black/ great box, I think it's over stock from when they were part of the super 6.

Dont think they sold well at all, within 2 days of them being in the super 6 my local aldi had them marked down 30%, I bought some and sliced them in half, great for rasher on saturday morning !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Was in Aldi Parnell St, Dublin at lunch time.
    Bacon Eye Loin joints 650g (smoked/unsmoked/peppered) are all going for €2 each. 19/02 date on them.
    Picked up a few while I was at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Dont think they sold well at all, within 2 days of them being in the super 6 my local aldi had them marked down 30%, I bought some and sliced them in half, great for rasher on saturday morning !!

Bought these two weeks ago at full price. Dreadful :eek:. Pickled in salt and tough as old boots. Never again!

Bought these two weeks ago at full price. Dreadful :eek:. Pickled in salt and tough as old boots. Never again!

Really! I'll see how they go. At €2 a pop, they'll slice up nicely for rashers or the like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

jay0109 wrote: »
    Really! I'll see how they go. At €2 a pop, they'll slice up nicely for rashers or the like

I did that too! Made no difference though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

Any idea what the super 6 is from tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

19 Feb- 4 March
    Fruit & Veg
    All 49c each/per pack

Cabbage save 50c
    Conference Pears 1kg, save €1.40
    Pomelo save 50c
    Mushrooms 300g save 46c
    Salad Potatoes 1kg save 50c
    Tomatoes 6pk save 50c

Meat
    All €4 each/per pack

Chicken Fillets 500g save 99c
    Stewing Beef 600g
    SS Dry Cured Bacon Fillet Steaks 340g save 99c
    Medium Whole Chicken save 99c
    Beef Mince 800g 15% fat
    Lamb Leg Steak 300g/ Lamb Stir Fry 320g save 99c

• Advertisement

Had to google 'Pomelo'!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Pretty meh compared to the last one, just polishing off the last of my 15 packs of Blueberries.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

If I go down this evening, will they still have the Super 6 up until tomorrow or will they be clearing out for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,196 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

jay0109 wrote: »
    Had to google 'Pomelo'!
    pomello are a cross between a grapefruit and amelon ish, they are nicer than grapefruit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

whelan2 wrote: »
    pomello are a cross between a grapefruit and amelon ish, they are nicer than grapefruit
    Hang on there. The pomelo is a precursor of the grapefruit. The grapefruit is a cross between mandarin and pomelo.

According to molecular studies, the mandarin, the citron, the pomelo, and the papeda were the ancestors of all other citrus species.

Basq wrote: »
    If I go down this evening, will they still have the Super 6 up until tomorrow or will they be clearing out for tomorrow?

Current offers valid until close of business tonight so you should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭crayon80

They'll still be at the lower prices tonight but stocks could be low.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

does it look ****e to anyone else?

Nothing i'd be remotely interested in buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cool. Might head down shortly to see if I can pick some of the fruit up for smoothies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Basq wrote: »
    Cool. Might head down shortly to see if I can pick some of the fruit up for smoothies.

I just came out of my local store and the current super 6 deals are still in stock.

Advertisement