Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI SUPER 6 - Now starts Thursdays UPDATED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Has tomorrows super6 been announced yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

breathn wrote: »
    Has tomorrows super6 been announced yet?

Starts Thursday mornings as far as I know...

On their website from the current offers

Offers available from Thursday 22 January 2015 until Wednesday 4 February 2015. Subject to availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Did anyone see any of the Sweet Peppers or did they just order in the one pack per store? I was in Aldi Rathmines 4 times in the past 2 weeks and no sign of them at any stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,884 ✭✭✭✭phog

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Did anyone see any of the Sweet Peppers or did they just order in the one pack per store? I was in Aldi Rathmines 4 times in the past 2 weeks and no sign of them at any stage.

My wife picked some up in Limerick for €0.39c

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Gilma2010

No sign of them in Aldi Santry over the past 2 weeks either. Disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Any amount of them in Aldi Parnell St, Dublin over the past 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

None in Naas either. Asst manager said they got 6/7 boxes having ordered 30

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

No news yet but I do expect more fruits for next 2 weeks. That's what usually happens after vegetables weeks.

Lack of Sweet Peppers in stores is down to availability I would say.

There was a poster who always had a look at their leaflet on Wednesday, seems to be gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I saw loads of sweet peppers in sandyford/stillorgan aldi this morning

wonski wrote: »
    No news yet but I do expect more fruits for next 2 weeks. That's what usually happens after vegetables weeks.

Lack of Sweet Peppers in stores is down to availability I would say.

There was a poster who always had a look at their leaflet on Wednesday, seems to be gone now.

It is (was) Tuesday anyway, isn't it:o

We will get the details of new super6 tomorrow I guess.
    This is what working evening shifts does to you. Avoid:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Swamp3

Blueberries
    Pineapple
    1.5 kg white potatoes
    8 pack red apples
    3 pack oranges
    Mixed pepper bag
    All 59c
    From Thursday.

Swamp3 wrote: »
    Blueberries
    Pineapple
    1.5 kg white potatoes
    8 pack red apples
    3 pack oranges
    Mixed pepper bag
    All 59c
    From Thursday.

And we have it now:eek:

Nice - Blueberries, Pineapple, Oranges and Apples - this is great offer:D
    Peppers are not bad either.

As for Blueberries, as much as I like them I don't think I could stock up on these - great price, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What a great offering this fortnight that is, I can start drinking my smoothies in the morning again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,032 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Blueberries freeze reasonably well, wonski. Put them on a tray in single layer. Into the fridge, and as soon as they are frozen you can bag them up to (they won't stick this way)

I reckon there won't be that much stock though, many a time recently I was tempted into Aldi only to find that the best value for money item in the super 6 was not available :rolleyes:

I know these are popular but Aldi could at least put a policy in of maybe max 1 or 2 per item, to make stock last a bit longer...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Id say at these prices you'll probably get restaurant staff coming in and buying up the stock to resell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Any word on the meat offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Meat and Fish offers 5 Feb- 18 Feb
    All €5 each/pk
    Crispy Duck with Hoisin Sauce and Pancakes 450g save 99c
    Family pack Salmon Fillets 440g
    Family pack Pork Chops 960g
    XL Chicken Fillets 690g save €1.99
    Lamb Loin Chops 370g save 99c
    Sirloin Steaks 440g save 79c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

prodsc wrote: »
    Meat and Fish offers 5 Feb- 18 Feb
    All €5 each/pk
    Crispy Duck with Hoisin Sauce and Pancakes 450g save 99c
    Family pack Salmon Fillets 440g
    Family pack Pork Chops 960g
    XL Chicken Fillets 690g save €1.99
    Lamb Loin Chops 370g save 99c
    Sirloin Steaks 440g save 79c

Salmon at a very good price of just over €11 per kg which is rare in the past 12-18 months. Will defo fill the freezer with them

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Swamp3 wrote: »
    Blueberries
    Pineapple
    1.5 kg white potatoes
    8 pack red apples
    3 pack oranges
    Mixed pepper bag
    All 59c
    From Thursday.

Blueberries for 69c is some value, especially as they're €2-2.50 a punnet in other supermarkets. I wonder what a blueberries, orange and pineapple smoothie would taste like, I'll soon find out hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Good stuff, I like that sirloin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nice.. oranges, pineapple, apples and blueberries.

Perfect time to test the new smoothie-maker! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Thargor wrote: »
    Id say at these prices you'll probably get restaurant staff coming in and buying up the stock to resell it.

They don't allow bulk purchases beyond a certain level - its unpublished but people do get refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leo2a6

unkel wrote: »
    Blueberries freeze reasonably well, wonski. Put them on a tray in single layer. Into the fridge, and as soon as they are frozen you can bag them up to (they won't stick this way)

Do u wash them before freezing ?

unkel wrote: »

I reckon there won't be that much stock though, many a time recently I was tempted into Aldi only to find that the best value for money item in the super 6 was not available :rolleyes:

I know these are popular but Aldi could at least put a policy in of maybe max 1 or 2 per item, to make stock last a bit longer...

I can see all these angry customers ringing Joe all day:D

Not a bad idea, though. Even 4 per customer would improve the super 6 experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Blueberries for 69c is some value, especially as they're €2-2.50 a punnet in other supermarkets. I wonder what a blueberries, orange and pineapple smoothie would taste like, I'll soon find out hopefully :)

Blueberries are 125g- were €1.79 in Aldi this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That Sirloin is gone up, it was €4 on the last super six. Still a very good price for decent steaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

jay0109 wrote: »
    Salmon at a very good price of just over €11 per kg which is rare in the past 12-18 months. Will defo fill the freezer with them

I got some in Supervalu (from the counter) at 8.99/kg last Friday. Might still be on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,240 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Popped into rathmines aldi today, all these offers available and not too many people about.

The blueberries especially are a steal, very handy for my porridge!

Also picked up the steak and the duck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

leo2a6 wrote: »
    Do u wash them before freezing ?

No, I've never washed them pre freezing. They freeze very well as per the freezing description

Advertisement