Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Actually that was not my car (thanks for posting Chucken) No my car is blue. But heck two exact same accidents on an island the size of Anglesey in one weekend? As so rightly said Act of God. Who says he has no sense of irony?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Perhaps there was a quick paint job by Photoshop? Well done Rube! I won't tell anyone, it'll be our little secret. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Rubecula wrote: »
    Actually that was not my car (thanks for posting Chucken) No my car is blue. But heck two exact same accidents on an island the size of Anglesey in one weekend? As so rightly said Act of God. Who says he has no sense of irony?
    It's an omen.
    /Googles blueprints for an Arc.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Often wonder about the Ark......why rats? And why meeces? Can't see the point of them at all. They add nothing to this earth of ours. I was going to say, why spiders? But they do help to get rid of other creepy crawlies, but I still would like to rid my home of spiders. (Sorry, went off on a tangent there. Deffo someone's messin' with my tea!)

• Advertisement

Got my hire car today.

It is a shiny new Vauxhall Insignia, top of the range with leather interior and electric everything. Parking sensors top of the range satnav, bluetooth, the lot.

I hate the thing, just want my car back.

Does it have a good set of anti boat bars? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

OldGoat wrote: »
    It's an omen.
    /Googles blueprints for an Arc.

I used to enjoy eavesdropping on my kids' conversations:

"Mith Cawwoll told us about a man who built a hewidge boat called an ark because God was going to make it rain for ages and ages and the man put two of every aminal in the boat, a man aminal and a lady aminal, and then they went sailing for miles and miles and then, after ages and ages, they stopped.........I stuppose because the aminals had no toilet and there must have been a terrible smell."

BrensBenz wrote: »
    I used to enjoy eavesdropping on my kids' conversations:

"Mith Cawwoll told us about a man who built a hewidge boat called an ark because God was going to make it rain for ages and ages and the man put two of every aminal in the boat, a man aminal and a lady aminal, and then they went sailing for miles and miles and then, after ages and ages, they stopped.........I stuppose because the aminals had no toilet and there must have been a terrible smell."

ha ha ha Love kids speak:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Often wonder about the Ark......why rats? And why meeces? Can't see the point of them at all. They add nothing to this earth of ours. I was going to say, why spiders? But they do help to get rid of other creepy crawlies, but I still would like to rid my home of spiders. (Sorry, went off on a tangent there. Deffo someone's messin' with my tea!)

Hen walks by (glass of wine in hand) whistling innocently........:D:D

• Advertisement

Hmmm whistling hen. Keep that one in sight

Try the tea Rubes, made it nice and strong, very good for shock;)

Love strong tea.

Oh just had a thought about Noahs ark :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,151 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Love strong tea.

Oh just had a thought about Noahs ark :D

Yeah, you could put it on wheels...

looksee wrote: »
    Yeah, you could put it on wheels...

No I was wondering why he took two woodworm on a wooden ship?

376626402_monkey_scratching_head_answer_101_xlarge.jpeg

No I was wondering why he took two woodworm on a wooden ship?

Good question Rube! By the way hope you got a good set of oars with the replacement car, plus a lifebelt. I'll just put the RNLI on alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Good lord Rube I just popped in to do a bit of dusting and see that you were harpooned by a boat ... Should I don my nurses outfit?

Rammy you read my mind. Been a very bad week here in the Castle Rubecula two folks passed over (a friend and a family member) so on top of my accident things have been a tad fraught here. I may or may not be missing for a few days xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time Rube. Mind yourself.

• Advertisement

Take care of yourself Rube, you certainly are going through a rough time at the moment.

There is the rather un-lovely smell in the kitchen of slightly gone-off deer bones boiling with washing powder. The way you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Sudsy stock. I think I may pass on that venison casserole.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

There is the rather un-lovely smell in the kitchen of slightly gone-off deer bones boiling with washing powder. The way you do.

Is this your recipe for glue? :D

For once, nobody can blame my soup making :o

Ummmm. Has to be asked. What the hell are you doing woman? :eek:

Chucken, I thought no-one was going to ask...:D Well you see I made this warp weighted loom, and while I was researching it I found that a lot of small cylinderical (medieval) animal bones had been found in Waterford and no-one knew what they were for, though they had evidence of fibre polishing on the insides. So while I was sorting the loom I had a thought about how these bones might have been used. I tried it and ta-daaaa it improved the way the loom worked by a significant amount. I was asked to demo the loom at an experimental archaeology conference in UCD last month, and the theory went down quite well. The bones I had used were ok but not really the most suitable so I just yesterday got some deer bones from a local hunter (official, he has a shop!) and am going to try them. Well, its better than doing housework :D

I had to ask :D

You learn something new every day!

Aw, flip, Chuckie, you just had to ask her, didn't cha? :rolleyes: I just knew it would be something folksy, but having read your explanation Looksee, I'm really none the wiser. When you mentioned the loom I thought you were boiling the bones down to make (a) glue, or (b) an oil to oil your loom! :D:D:D You gotta make a Youtoob vidjo so we can see a demo.

Wojamean 'folksy' ?!! this is history and archaeology and stuff. Well yes, and its me dressed up in my medieval kit but still. Folksy, Hmph! I will see if I can find you a pic. :eek:

• Advertisement

Wojamean 'folksy' ?!! this is history and archaeology and stuff. Well yes, and its me dressed up in my medieval kit but still. Folksy, Hmph! I will see if I can find you a pic. :eek:

Hippy. She meant hippy, didnt you Jelly :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement