Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good hard ride with Dory and Oryx (Ballyhoura Feb 15)

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

BennyMul wrote: »
    Repeatedly
    The more I read the more the pub sounds like an option. I don't fall well.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

Oryx wrote: »
    The more I read the more the pub sounds like an option. I don't fall well.

Im with you there oryx, the last time I went to ballyhoura with bennymul and mossie I ended up with a fractured ankle:o im wrapping myself with bubble wrap for the next trip:D

Pmaldini wrote: »
    Im with you there oryx, the last time I went to ballyhoura with bennymul and mossie I ended up with a fractured ankle:o im wrapping myself with bubble wrap for the next trip:D

NOT THIS YEAR. NO SIREEEE!

Dory, I think I've changed my mind....

Ah you'll be fine, its a brilliant place, I just got a bit careless

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i love how we're getting blamed for this...

• Advertisement

mossym wrote: »
    i love how we're getting blamed for this...

Me thinking I could handle a bike like ye, big mistake:rolleyes:

Me thinking I could handle a bike like ye, big mistake:rolleyes:

when me and benny started cruising around on the mountain bikes singing "bad boys bad boys what ya gonna do" that should have been your clue...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Were you clipped in?

You've already rented the bikes. We'll just go very easy and we'll be very careful. Plus, we'll have 50k in the legs, so I imagine that will prevent us from getting too crazy on two wheels. :)

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Were you clipped in?

no, just a pair of runners and flat peddles, it wasnt the runners fault, it was a lump of rocks that just appeared out of nowhere:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

What next trip, cannot let you near a mountain bike:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Don't worry P, I was his first to wreck a season with a MTB ;)

Your beginning to sound like my wife!! she says I should have stayed with golf, I never got injured and I used to win things:D

one of the lads in my office just mentioned there is a big competition on in ballyhoura on the 15th so there is probably going to be a large amount of bikers on the course that day, what time do the boardsies plan to start?

http://www.bikingblitz.ie/index.php/events/limerick-blitz

one of the lads in my office just mentioned there is a big competition on in ballyhoura on the 15th so there is probably going to be a large amount of bikers on the course that day, what time do the boardsies plan to start?

http://www.bikingblitz.ie/index.php/events/limerick-blitz

:eek:

Baggy shorts division, any one???

depends how early people want to start, but it looks like they are not starting till 1pm. it would be easy enough do the brown/popular bit of the white, even starting at 9am, and be on the road home well in advance of 1pm

mossym wrote: »
    depends how early people want to start, but it looks like they are not starting till 1pm. it would be easy enough do the brown/popular bit of the white, even starting at 9am, and be on the road home well in advance of 1pm

Or heading to a pub. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭pointer28

As early as the hire shop opens suits me.

pointer28 wrote: »
    As early as the hire shop opens suits me.

8am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭pointer28

Wasn't expecting that early tbh, are yourself (Oryx) and DD coming from Wexford or travelling down the night before from Donadea?

I was thinking 9 or 10 would be good but can make it earlier if everyone wants to, I'll just go with the flow either way but it's probably best to get done before the masses turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

8am

Tis 9am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

8am is a bit early for me. Have stuff to do and it's a 90min drive. 9am would be fine though :D

BTH wrote: »
    Tis 9am

Guy told me 8, but tbh, when we get there will depend on whether we travel the night before or that morning. I dont intend getting there for 8am anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Guy told me 8, but tbh, when we get there will depend on whether we travel the night before or that morning. I dont intend getting there for 8am anyway.

2 hours for me so 9am definitely preferable to 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Kids will be awake anytime from 6 on so the sooner the better for me so I can get out of feeding and dressing duty. Must look at getting a bike hired - I suspect the non boardie mate who was threatening to go down as well and bring his spare bike is going to back out

Any time before 10am I will look like this:
    dog-picture-photo-funny-sleeping-face.jpg?w=474&h=355

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

What's the plan after the ride? Hanging around for lunch/drink or heading straight home?

Solobally8 wrote: »
    What's the plan after the ride? Hanging around for lunch/drink or heading straight home?

I'm sure Oryx and I will be in no hurry to scurry home :D so lunch/drinks sounds fab, especially if Her Royal Highness the Crash Test Dummy* will be making an appearance!!! :)

* but you are definitely no dummy!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Not sure people want to cycle around me...on the mountains....

How much is bike rental?

Not sure people want to cycle around me...on the mountains....

How much is bike rental?
    I think he told me €35. And you cant be any worse on a bike than I am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Dory Dory wrote: »
    I'm sure Oryx and I will be in no hurry to scurry home :D so lunch/drinks sounds fab, especially if Her Royal Highness the Crash Test Dummy* will be making an appearance!!! :)

* but you are definitely no dummy!!!
    Ha ha thanks...I think. I'll meet ye after so :D

Advertisement