Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good hard ride with Dory and Oryx (Ballyhoura Feb 15)

Options
  • 20-01-2015 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭

With the Iron ladies warming up with a 50k in Donedea the day before their legs should be in great shape for a day of mountain biking in Ballyhoura on February 15th.

Listen in person to hear Dory saying her fanny is killing her from the pounding she got.

An open invitation is offered for all boardies and boardie friends to join the 2014 ART training log of the year winner Dory and "The Race" bound Oryx

I have no idea of the finer points of logistics but I am fairly sure bikes and gear can be hired at a reasonable price on the day

http://visitballyhoura.com/index.php/mountain-biking/

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Eh.... thanks? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

CW, put down the wine glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Gosh, not sure what to say after an introduction/invitation like that. ?? Umm....come one, come all?

(you are so dead meat, cw!) ;)

...and wear protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Umm....come one, come all?

I think that's what's known as adding fuel to the fire :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

will only be back froma 12 day jaunt to the US with work, but might be on for this.

bikes can be rented from trailriders on site, but worth giving them a call in advance and making sure they keep a bike for you.

in fairness though CW, that first post. anyone else just hear bow-chick a wow wow music while they read it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Jaysus CW you certainly know how to grab the attention!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Attention grabbing and memorable - some of the golden rules of advertising right there :rolleyes:

The Fanny comment will remind some of the early followers of Dorys log that what means one thing in the US means something very different over here!

AKW bring as many pairs of Boston Boosts as you can muster and your day will be a profitable one!

catweazle wrote: »

AKW bring as many pairs of Boston Boosts as you can muster and your day will be a profitable one!

At least one pair in each color please! US size 6.5. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

I'm in.

Hardtail booked for €35 at trailriders.ie

Should be a bit of craic.

• Advertisement

pointer28 wrote: »
    I'm in.

Hardtail booked for €35 at trailriders.ie

Should be a bit of craic.
    Also have bikes booked, I have no idea if they are hardtail or no tail or unicycles. I will be a mtb virgin, so be gentle, Im easily damaged!

Cherries will be popping everywhere!

Next year for the awards, I nominate this thread for 'most sexual innuendo'

Just FWIW, a hardtail has no rear suspension, but more to the the point (for me anyway), it's lighter and easier on the uphills.

Full suspension is better if you're flying on the downhills, but I'm crap and won't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Im in
    wont even bother with an innuendo just too easy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

BennyMul wrote: »
    Im in
    wont even bother with an innuendo just too easy

*snickers*

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Pretty crap I'll miss a ride with 2 of our finest hoochies.

Enjoy guys. The trails are well worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Prob not make the cycling but I think there is a Dublin drinks event too no?

tunney wrote: »
    Prob not make the cycling but I think there is a Dublin drinks event too no?

Two options if anyone is up for drinks in Dublin - 1) Saturday after the race (Feb 14th - but it is Valentine's Day...and I'd assume some of you boys have hot dates).....or, 2) Tuesday evening, Feb 17th. I guess post here if there are any takers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Two options if anyone is up for drinks in Dublin - 1) Saturday after the race (Feb 14th - but it is Valentine's Day...and I'd assume some of you boys have hot dates).....or, 2) Tuesday evening, Feb 17th. I guess post here if there are any takers!!!

HAHAHAHA dates...........

• Advertisement

tunney wrote: »
    HAHAHAHA dates...........

Sounds like Tunney's free Saturday night! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

If there's Dublin drinks going give me a shout - love to meet you guys and let the hair down.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Would hazard a guess there'll be post donadea drinks - there always is. Bring your date ;)

What kind of shoes does one wear on a mountain bike? I assume we don't clip in.....right?? I just need to make sure I pack what I need. And I also assume normal bike apparel. ?? Suggestions are appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

What kind of shoes does one wear on a mountain bike? I assume we don't clip in.....right?? I just need to make sure I pack what I need. And I also assume normal bike apparel. ?? Suggestions are appreciated!

Afraid not Dory, something like this you will need. See if you can get one without the codpiece. I am a total newbie as well but I would be surprised if you dont clip in, you would never keep the feet on the pedals in that muck otherwise

article-1134222-0345CC45000005DC-256_224x507.jpg

And I also assume normal bike apparel. ?? Suggestions are appreciated!
    Rosary beads and an ambulance should cover it.

the rental bike come with "normal" pedals,
    I just use an old pair of runners and normal bike gear.

I've been a few times, any old runners and cycling gear will do.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

there are big advantages to having clip-ins, but the mtb are different to road ones, so better off to go with normal runners and flat pedals

don't wear your best bike gear, only stuff you don't mind getting muddy.

no dark sunglasses, bring the orange/light enhancing ones if you have them, you;ll go from brightness into tree cover and the dark ones can get very dark when you do. otherwise wear none, i'll have a few extra pairs of cheapie aldi ones with me anyway if i'm there

after that, it's like falling off a bike

• Advertisement

mossym wrote: »
    after that, it's like falling off a bike

Repeatedly

Advertisement