Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good hard ride with Dory and Oryx (Ballyhoura Feb 15)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

catweazle wrote: »
    Kurt - please don't injure her...........she has suffered enough on this "holiday" already.

Nevermind that, I'm just glad to see you made it back to the land of the living. Half expected a "Where's CW?" thread all day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ToTriOrNot

catweazle wrote: »
    Kurt - please don't injure her...........she has suffered enough on this "holiday" already.

Other than the race "injury", anything else to report???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Anyone who is available, Dory will be completing her Irish backwards triathlon with a swim at the NAC tomorrow at 3pm, featuring an IM race over 100m. All boardsies welcome to try out for title of "Can't even get arms out of water attempting fly".

I could have arranged a free swim in a 50m pool for you in a much more salubrious part of Dublin ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

griffin100 wrote: »
    I could have arranged a free swim in a 50m pool for you in a much more salubrious part of Dublin ;)

We're not tied down to the NAC... which is 25m format tomorrow in any case... is your offer still good? :)

We're not tied down to the NAC... which is 25m format tomorrow in any case... is your offer still good? :)

I've got three passes on my desk that you're welcome to have. Not sure if I can get anymore passes before tomorrow so don't know if that suits you. I probably wont be able to swim at that time but will be around to give you the passes. Let me know what suits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Anyone who is available, Dory will be completing her Irish backwards triathlon with a swim at the NAC tomorrow at 3pm, featuring an IM race over 100m. All boardsies welcome to try out for title of "Can't even get arms out of water attempting fly".

I'll come if that's ok :)

^ See above, moving this to UCD pool (and only 3 passes going I'm afraid... don't know if you can pay in or not?).

There will be drinks later in the evening (not sure on venue though, no-one can decide yet! But will post it here when decided)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

^ See above, moving this to UCD pool (and only 3 passes going I'm afraid... don't know if you can pay in or not?).

There will be drinks later in the evening (not sure on venue though, no-one can decide yet! But will post it here when decided)

Well if people replied to my (or eddie's) mails about foods that they don't like..........

I'll see if I can get another pass for CM. I'll post in the morning. Anymore than this and I'll have problems getting more passess (pay as you go is not an option for public).

Pass sorted, I'll PM you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Don't anyone get their hopes up about a duel in the pool with the shape I'm in! The Ballyhoura lads can tell you I was nearly broken out there after I fell and wrenched my already-injured-left-leg-at-Donadea knee (complete with a pop/snap) when I fell off the bike at just over the halfway point in the ride. It was not pretty, and ended up having to walk the bike (using it as a crutch) very slowly the remainder of the way back down the mountain. It was cold and at times very miserable, but bless Oryx's little heart, she stayed with me chatting all the while to take my mind off my my woes. (ok, she was hating life on the bike so this was the excuse she was looking for to hop off the blasted thing!) But more to come on all that and all the other players in my yet to be written report(s). Fabulous group of people!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Any decision made on a venue for drinks yet?

zico10 wrote: »
    Any decision made on a venue for drinks yet?

The Market bar from 7pm, all welcome

and thanks a million to griffin for coming up trumps with those swim passes, what a brilliant facility!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Well oryx made it home in one piece after one hell of a good weekend. Great to meet so many wonderful boardsies. Bon voyage Dory... come back soon!

All I've got to say is, good thing I'm not flying the airplane this morning - I'd never be able to keep it upright! :eek::o

Fantastic 6 days, concluding with a hilarious Fat Tuesday (no, Tunney, that is not a reference to you ;)) celebration at The Market Bar. So many wonderful people and memories from start to finish....a few very strange photos (nice veins, Bambaata)....and I honestly hate to leave. Thanks for making me feel so welcome here....you all are truly lovely (yes, Tunney, that reference includes you too)!!

good to meet so many last night and talk shop. Dory great to see you and thanks for all the swim tips. Safe journey home!

A good night, Dory even got her dance. Nice to meet everyone.

Dory Dory wrote: »
    All I've got to say is, good thing I'm not flying the airplane this morning - I'd never be able to keep it upright! :eek::o

Good thing I'm not flying the airplane either - you'd end up back in Shannon ;)

Thanks for a lovely swim yesterday. The UCD pool is fab. Griffin you're a star!
    And a great evening as well. Haven't laughed so much in ages :D

Good thing I'm not flying the airplane either - you'd end up back in Shannon ;)

Thanks for a lovely swim yesterday. The UCD pool is fab. Griffin you're a star!
    And a great evening as well. Haven't laughed so much in ages :D
    Did yiz get lost girls? :)

And your giggle is the best thing ever :)

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    Did yiz get lost girls? :)

And your giggle is the best thing ever :)

We took the scenic route ;)

tunney wrote: »
    A good night,Dory even got her dance. Nice to meet everyone.

Yes. I. Did. ;):)

tunney wrote: »
    A good night, Dory even got her dance. Nice to meet everyone.

And i got the pictures to prove it ;)

Feck

Double feck.

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Double feck.
    Theyre wonderful. Dirty Dancing eat your heart out.

Theyre wonderful. Dirty Dancing eat your heart out.

Not going to top this photo of you though

KellyKate_CrokePark.jpg

Those thighs look like they could cycle faster than my puny ones, right? :)

Ok... Boardsies-I-Met-At-The-Weekend summed up in one word:

Career move: Giggly
    Bambaata: Veiny
    Catweazle: Rugged
    BTH: Aromatic
    Zico: Earnest
    Tunney: Revelatory
    Pointer28: Attentive
    Dory Dory: Carefree!
    Kurt Godel: Fish
    Ultraman1: No-nonsense
    Marthastew: Energetic
    Menoscemo: Fast
    griffin100: Generous

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ToTriOrNot

Those thighs look like they could cycle faster than my puny ones, right? :)

Ok... Boardsies-I-Met-At-The-Weekend summed up in one word:

Career move: Giggly
    Bambaata: Veiny
    Catweazle: Rugged
    BTH: Aromatic
    Zico: Earnest
    Tunney: Revelatory
    Pointer28: Attentive
    Dory Dory: Carefree!
    Kurt Godel: Fish
    Ultraman1: No-nonsense
    Marthastew: Energetic
    Menoscemo: Fast

Was it the first time meeting them all, or had you have previous encounters, even at races?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

Jaysus, I sound like a Labradoodle

Advertisement