Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble LIVE Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Xenji wrote: »
    No they really are, Vince would never believe that Bryan is capable of defeating the supposed beast that is Brock, even with everyone hoping for the David and Goliath story.

If Vince is still the bottom line on shot calling, he needs to be removed from that position ASAP. This Rumble has absolutely sh!t on EVERY fan, the only saving grace was the triple threat and one decent match is never enough to save a PPV.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

ricero wrote: »
    How must poor Roman reigns feel

hes fine.
    hes chilling with a pint of Kool-Aid with HHH and Vince

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

ricero wrote: »
    I would of rathered cena win the rumble

Ah steady on! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

No interest in Mania at all now. That's a first for me. I suppose all you need to do is look at the absolute STATE of Raw for the last few months to see that they have no idea anymore. Not a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Joekers

I know there's that saying, 'those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it', but how do you make the same f*cking mistake two years in a row?

I actually thought they'd be smarter than this.

The triple threat match was enjoyable carnage; I popped big for Bubba Ray's return; but it was all downhill from there.

I think that was the worst Royal Rumble match I've seen. All through it I kept thinking, 'shocking lack of star power' when I saw the names coming out. Towards the end I kept waiting for Orton or Sheamus or even an NXT guy, but no. The manner of the eliminations was really weak as well. The Ambrose and Ziggler eliminations were pathetic. Even Kofi's big spot this year was quite lazy.

Just a poorly booked mess and the wrong guy won. I'm not even a Roman Reigns critic but this show had me flipping him off at the end and he became the biggest heel in the industry for me. As Jim Cornette would say, f*ck this company. Not even Rock at the end could save this train wreck.

I can only hope Austin has the guts to ask Hunter on his podcast WTF they were thinking.

Thumbs DOWN

This especially they had no star power in it at all and never seemed to really stack the ring at any one time it always just seemed forever full of no hopers until reigns became the inevitable winner

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Lance Storm @LanceStorm
    Follow
    I'm just glad I'm not a baby face trying to get over in the same company as Daniel Bryan
    3:53 AM - 26 Jan 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

I was less disappointed by the last season of Dexter, that's how bad this was.

bur wrote: »

The ending of Lost was a less confusing decision.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

bur wrote: »

Now. You've had an emotional shock.

Let's not get silly here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,451 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I know there's that saying, 'those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it', but how do you make the same f*cking mistake two years in a row?

I actually thought they'd be smarter than this.

The triple threat match was enjoyable carnage; I popped big for Bubba Ray's return; but it was all downhill from there.

I think that was the worst Royal Rumble match I've seen. All through it I kept thinking, 'shocking lack of star power' when I saw the names coming out. Towards the end I kept waiting for Orton or Sheamus or even an NXT guy, but no. The manner of the eliminations was really weak as well. The Ambrose and Ziggler eliminations were pathetic. Even Kofi's big spot this year was quite lazy.

Just a poorly booked mess and the wrong guy won. I'm not even a Roman Reigns critic but this show had me flipping him off at the end and he became the biggest heel in the industry for me. As Jim Cornette would say, f*ck this company. Not even Rock at the end could save this train wreck.

I can only hope Austin has the guts to ask Hunter on his podcast WTF they were thinking.

Thumbs DOWN

Its an awful Rumble when Bubba coming in early was the best part. Sad but true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

foxerv1 wrote: »
    If Vince is still the bottom line on shot calling, he needs to be removed from that position ASAP. This Rumble has absolutely sh!t on EVERY fan, the only saving grace was the triple threat and one decent match is never enough to save a PPV.

The match on the pre show was so much better than the Rumble it's not even funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

You have the biggest name in the history of your business and one of the biggest in the entire entertainment industry and you don't even use him in the match?

Take out Titus O'Neil and put Ziggler in earlier, Rock comes in at 30 on the year, eliminating everyone bar Reigns and they have a fair match that Reigns wins. Simple and everyone is a lot happier with the same result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Wrestlemanias gonna have some crowd reaction the way it's lining up.3 hours of Lesnar vs Goldberg anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

2 wrestlemania tickets for sale. 5 euro ono

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Liam O wrote: »
    You have the biggest name in the history of your business and one of the biggest in the entire entertainment industry and you don't even use him in the match?

Take out Titus O'Neil and put Ziggler in earlier, Rock comes in at 30 on the year, eliminating everyone bar Reigns and they have a fair match that Reigns wins. Simple and everyone is a lot happier with the same result.

yes. this. it books itself.

like Bryan vs. Punk at WM030 - the match books itself. but no no, the f**king dildo they are using to book matches is a sightless, deaf moron so yeah... Reigns versus Lesnar it is. I'm sure it won't suck balls and I'm sure Reigns won't get boo'd out of the building, again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Hope JBL murders Paddy Power tbh

Dear god, Reigns is going to get murdered on the mic by Heyman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Liam O wrote: »

It all depends on what the rock is doing right now. If he has to film for a movie over the next month or so there is no way he's going to risk an injury by actually competing in the ring. The idea is nice but what he did tonight was probably all he's allowed do.

• Advertisement

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Dear god, Reigns is going to get murdered on the mic by Heyman.

Or Heyman screws Lesnar and becomes Regins mouthpiece.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Then we have to suffer through Brock on the Mic. Whatever happens it's a terrible Wrestlemania. Will have to become a triple threat

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

It all depends on what the rock is doing right now. If he has to film for a movie over the next month or so there is no way he's going to risk an injury by actually competing in the ring. The idea is nice but what he did tonight was probably all he's allowed do.

Well then do it with Ambrose, or Bryan, or even Rusev or Wyatt, heck even Zack Ryder. Once Ambrose went out everyone watching knew what was happening and that's disgraceful with 3 left in a Royal Rumble. Not counting Rusev because clearly the WWE weren't either.

Tugboats wrote: »
    Then we have to suffer through Brock on the Mic. Whatever happens it's a terrible Wrestlemania. Will have to become a triple threat

This makes me a Sad Panda.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Apparently the page to cancel the WWE Network crashed and fans have barricaded the exit to the venue with their cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

And people wonder why CM Punk left?....

rovert wrote: »
    Apparently the page to cancel the WWE Network crashed and fans have barricaded the exit to the venue with their cars.

Any link?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I just can't see Lesnar vs Reigns happening. No way. It's like Vinny Mac's dream of Orton vs Batista last year. The fans don't want it and you can't risk allowing the biggest show of the year to be hijacked.

Someone should have had the guts to explain this to Vince who is so out of touch these days it's quite sad. Maybe some did but he's just stubborn.

The way I see it they've got to now do what they did last year and turn Reigns heel, inserting a likeable face in there for a triple threat.

Alternatively they could turn Brock babyface against a heel Reigns but I think that too could be a mess if the fans know Brock's leaving soon.

One option would be to have Rollins announce in advance that his cash-in will go towards being in the Mania main event so you turn it into a triple-threat that way, and perhaps add another guy like Bryan to make it a fatal four-way.

Whatever happens they've now basically written themselves into a corner and probably ruined their great new babyface hope by doing so. The casual fans won't necessarily turn on Reigns but as we all know Mania will be full of die-hards who will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Whatever happens it's a terrible Wrestlemania. Will have to become a triple threat

Brock Vs Reigns Vs Curtis Axel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Joekers

First ever fatal 4 way main event maybe ? Lesnar v Reigns v Rollins v Bryan ?

Like why not at least have Rollins or j and j screw Bryan tonight to have something else at least coming out of tonight :confused:

Realistically after their second biggest event of the year they only have one match set up and even that is not set in stone !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement