Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble LIVE Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Not even the Rock could get Reigns even the faintest pop. His 20 minute Raw promo should be all kinds of cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Thats two rumbles in a row where the babyface winner gets booed out of the building.

Its been a while since i watched WWE but the last time i tuned in, Reigns was being cheered by everyone. What's changed?

Tonight was the first time I've watched since June and even then I could see this happening. Of the Shield members Reigns was good but not as good as Rollins and Ambrose yet it was obvious was the WWE's chosen one. Plus I can't believe he hasn't changed his ring gear. Still using your old tag team gear always said jobber.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Crowd continue to boo.

'Send Hunter and Steph out so it looks like everyone is booing them.'

Steph gestured at the end as if to say "look, the crowd are booing you" so I think there might be a glimmer of hope yet that Reigns loses his main event spot at Fast Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Mokuba wrote: »
    If you have turned it off, Rusev and Cena are starting their feud for Wrestlemania.

Telling people that Cena is onscreen now isn't going to make many here switch it back on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Is it okay for a grown man of 30 to be slightly upset at the way that WWE has just sh!t all over the fans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

so for WM
    Sting vs HHH
    Reigns vs Brock
    Cena vs Rusev
    Orton vs Rollins
    Bryan vs Wyatt

??? Looks terrible

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Rock's side eye:
    B8PzsrvCcAAlSIW.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

What's the deal with Bryan and Ziggler getting screwed?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭MAJR

You know, I didn't think the WWE would top last year for bad booking because, foolishly, I thought they'd want to avoid that kind of reaction from the crowd and would book Bryan to win, but compared to last year this Rumble was worse. Last year, at least, had the crowd on edge throughout all entrants because they were hoping until the last to see Bryan and when he didn't come out they were loud and vocal in their displeasure. This year they had Bryan come out early and get eliminated early so there was not even the hope of his being in the final two and this killed off the crowd. It's honestly something quite spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

I feel like lister in reddwarf and he finds out his brain is in a jar. The disappointment in his face mirrored mine after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,476 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Even the Rock is fcuking up his promo's standing beside Roman.

Roman is a blackhole.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Awful promo from Rock.

Reigns is actually contagious.

Edit: What Coulson said.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I didn't think you could have a bigger train wreck then 2014.

I was wrong. So wrong.

The winner aside. The match was awful and almost every babyface looked a total joke.

Send that out of touch fossil to the old folks home. Utterly embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Joekers

Like I mean the most over guy since probably Austin and they enter him early and eliminate him early its like they almost want people to forget all about him !!! like I mean at least set up a feud out of his elimination so he has something to work with for the next few months leading to a wrestlemania moment... I remember a time when winning a spot in the rumble was a massive achievement and even losing it was a massive disappointment where they'd have feuds set up left right and centre after the rumble but now its literally like a glorified over the top battle royal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

spiralism wrote: »
    Telling people that Cena is onscreen now isn't going to make many here switch it back on

Crap Rumble but the internet still manages a Cena dig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Well I legitimately won't be watching Wrestlemania.*

Yes I know nobody cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Raf32 wrote: »
    so for WM
    Sting vs HHH
    Reigns vs Brock
    Cena vs Rusev
    Orton vs Rollins
    Bryan vs Wyatt

??? Looks terrible

Undertaker retirement extravaganza maybe to add to that? 31 is likely to be as terrible as 30 was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Best thing about the Rumble itself was Bubba, hope hes back for a decent while.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

I feel like lister in reddwarf and he finds out his brain is in a jar. The disappointment in his face mirrored mine after that

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Tugboats wrote: »
    Crap Rumble but the internet still manages a Cena dig

I would of rathered cena win the rumble

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

And even with the fall-out show it's all over at five to four. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Awful, Brock vs Brian was so obvious. Are they really that stupid?

No they really are, Vince would never believe that Bryan is capable of defeating the supposed beast that is Brock, even with everyone hoping for the David and Goliath story.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I know there's that saying, 'those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it', but how do you make the same f*cking mistake two years in a row?

I actually thought they'd be smarter than this.

The triple threat match was enjoyable carnage; I popped big for Bubba Ray's return; but it was all downhill from there.

I think that was the worst Royal Rumble match I've seen. All through it I kept thinking, 'shocking lack of star power' when I saw the names coming out. Towards the end I kept waiting for Orton or Sheamus or even an NXT guy, but no. The manner of the eliminations was really weak as well. The Ambrose and Ziggler eliminations were pathetic. Even Kofi's big spot this year was quite lazy.

Just a poorly booked mess and the wrong guy won. I'm not even a Roman Reigns critic but this show had me flipping him off at the end and he became the biggest heel in the industry for me. As Jim Cornette would say, f*ck this company. Not even Rock at the end could save this train wreck.

I can only hope Austin has the guts to ask Hunter on his podcast WTF they were thinking.

Thumbs DOWN

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I actually felt embarrassed for the rock watching that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

All time bad Rock interview on the WWE Network.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

wrestlingforum.com has crashed.

Always a good sign that the internet is out for blood.

Edit: Just got on. First thread I saw "May the WWE burn to the ground." That'll make for some fun reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

You know it was bad when Reigns winning, who many predicted would be the worst thing to happen, wasn't actually the worst thing to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭MAJR

Best thing about the Rumble itself was Bubba, hope hes back for a decent while.

I loved the 3D. Shame we didn't get to see the Tables. Shame D-Von didn't make an appearance and shame Bubba got eliminated so quickly.

I also loved the three Diamond Cutters from DDP but he didn't hang around long either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

How must poor Roman reigns feel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The Rock must be quite out of touch that he didn't say to Reigns to deck him and get heat. Stone Cold says on his podcast all the time that audibles were called a lot for things like that. Sets up an actual character for Reigns as well who could say he was sick of sitting in the shadow of Rock. Just poor all over, would have preferred Bubba Ray to win it over Reigns like.

Why are they suddenly shìtting on Bryan again too? Is he still injured?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement