Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

ciarsd wrote: »
    That's a good shout Gar, although not sure how I could go about this. I'll have a look around the web later thanks.

Let us know if you have any joy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭k123456

Thinking of getting an mxiii or minix neo x8 +, is the minix worth the extra cash..? Advice would be much appreciated. ..

have the minix neo x8
    once you update to fw 2a, it works v well (XBMC, Android , etc)

with fw2, it supports google tv remote, so you no longer need to buy a wireless kbd,mouse

• Registered Users Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Anyone get the MXQ up and running?

Been reading that there is issues with the power supply to it, quite a few have gotten their own power supply after purchase.

Found firmware, 110k4, is this the latest and best of the firmware?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

dahat wrote: »
    Anyone get the MQX up and running? Been reading that there is issues with the power supply to it, quite a few have gotten their own power supply after purchase.

Found firmware, 110k4, is this the latest and best of the firmware?

I have one, had it up and running and was working, I put on mediaman firmware. Was hoping OpenELEC was going to be released .....

It was sitting in box and mate took it to see if it would work for him, he is thinking of buying his own box....he rang me on Sunday to say it looks like the thing is burned out:eek:....I havent had a chance to get it back off him to see what problem is.....no idea if it is power supply or if the box is gone....

Big Nelly wrote: »
    I have one, had it up and running and was working, I put on mediaman firmware. Was hoping OpenELEC was going to be released .....

It was sitting in box and mate took it to see if it would work for him, he is thinking of buying his own box....he rang me on Sunday to say it looks like the thing is burned out:eek:....I havent had a chance to get it back off him to see what problem is.....no idea if it is power supply or if the box is gone....

Most definitely the power supply from what I have read. I'm not even turning my one on till.I get my own power supply for it.

• Advertisement

Most definitely the power supply from what I have read. I'm not even turning my one on till.I get my own power supply for it.

Hopefully power supply, with the MX2 gone and now MXQ looking like it is burned out I will have to start hiding the dodgy boxes around the house from Miss BN...:P

Hopefully power supply, with the MX2 gone and now MXQ looking like it is burned out I will have to start hiding the dodgy boxes around the house from Miss BN...:P
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?21959-Anyone-else-s-MXQ-S85-power-supplies-fail

Here is where I saw the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Hi everyone!

Wondered if anyone could help me. I have this box:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/AMLogic-8726-MX-Android-TV-BOX-Dual-Core-XBMC-Media-Player-Android-4-2-HardWare-Board/1175114413.html

Got it about two months ago. Today when I went to turn it on, it loaded up the mbox logo but wouldn't go any further. I tried unplugging it and turning it on and off over and over. Nothing!

Is there a way of resetting it? Or anything I can do at all?

Oh, and please dumb down any advice where possible, I'm kind of a novice with this stuff :)

Cheers

Monokne wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Wondered if anyone could help me. I have this box:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/AMLogic-8726-MX-Android-TV-BOX-Dual-Core-XBMC-Media-Player-Android-4-2-HardWare-Board/1175114413.html

Got it about two months ago. Today when I went to turn it on, it loaded up the mbox logo but wouldn't go any further. I tried unplugging it and turning it on and off over and over. Nothing!

Is there a way of resetting it? Or anything I can do at all?

Oh, and please dumb down any advice where possible, I'm kind of a novice with this stuff :)

Cheers

Have you done anything new to the box? installed something or tried to flash?

Hey man

No, nothing. I have very little on it other than what comes preinstalled, just a couple add ons for XBMC (Icefilms, Genesis, Sportsdevil).

It had happened before where I'd power it on and it'd get stuck at the graphics screen but you'd restart it and it would work. Not happening now. Tried it over and over and over!

Is there any way to reset it without actually getting into it? Can I hook it up to my laptop and do something?

• Advertisement

Hey man

No, nothing. I have very little on it other than what comes preinstalled, just a couple add ons for XBMC (Icefilms, Genesis, Sportsdevil).

It had happened before where I'd power it on and it'd get stuck at the graphics screen but you'd restart it and it would work. Not happening now. Tried it over and over and over!

Is there any way to reset it without actually getting into it? Can I hook it up to my laptop and do something?

I am not 100% sure but you could use the toothpick method. Can anyone say if it will refresh the firmware?

You put a toothpick/match(I prefer match) into the AV port till you hear a click, then start the box. it should boot into the recovery menu. Then reboot and see if works

I am not 100% sure but you could use the toothpick method. Can anyone say if it will refresh the firmware?

You put a toothpick/match(I prefer match) into the AV port till you hear a click, then start the box. it should boot into the recovery menu. Then reboot and see if works

Could also try factory reset them reboot if OP is comfortable re installing add ons etc.

Should be able to get the box going via toothpick method anyway and if not then that's a whole different issue altogether.

Guys

Found something very interesting for the newbies. If you put on totalxbmc installer(google it)

There is option to activate TR Community Builds. In here there is shared builds for XBMC which you can then install and it will wipe XBMC/Kodi and build automatically for you.....not sure if builds are good. I am just building an OpenELEC box at the moment so going to test one of them called ANDYS v.1.2

So if you get a box without XBMC/Kodi build this could be a quick answer to your prays :-)

Could be worth looking at....

Have seem that feature, there is one on there "the dogs b*****L's". Built by good guys but full of Adult material.

Have seem that feature, there is one on there "the dogs b*****L's". Built by good guys but full of Adult material.

Dont try it on openelec, it says pull the power and not to close out kodi, when I rebooted it wouldnt go back into kodi, will test it on android another time

Dont try it on openelec, it says pull the power and not to close out kodi, when I rebooted it wouldnt go back into kodi, will test it on android another time

Edit: talking ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Just received the mx2 today. Turned it on and all was working well, went out and two hours later when I tried to turn it back on it wouldn't boot up.

It is stuck on an @9 logo.

Anyone have this issue before and any solutions?

Thanks

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Just received the mx2 today. Turned it on and all was working well, went out and two hours later when I tried to turn it back on it wouldn't boot up.

Thanks

Who you buy it off? I had the exact same problem with one I bought from ebay. Mine would not even boot to the logo screen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Thanks

Same with my one, stuck on openelec screen!

Re flashed it a few times, worked fine till powered on and off. Then got stuck again.

Bought it off a guy on eBay called mx digital.

Real pain... Anyone have a link to a recovery file I can download and try to get it going?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Real pain... Anyone have a link to a recovery file I can download and try to get it going?

I tried about six over the weekend. Once the box was powered off it froze on opening screen again.

If you go back a few pages here you'll find the links. You might have better luck than I did.

Could also try factory reset them reboot if OP is comfortable re installing add ons etc.

Should be able to get the box going via toothpick method anyway and if not then that's a whole different issue altogether.

Hey all

Tried the toothpick thing. Nothing happened.

How would I do a factory reset does anyone know?

*edit*

Oh, and also, assuming this box is just dead, is there anywhere reliable to buy these boxes off? Want another box but buying them off ebay/aliexpress etc is a bit of a crapshoot it seems, no warranty etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭joe199

Got a second mx6 android box for the house and ive been trying to download the sportingstreams repo through total installer on kodi but keep getting the scriptfail error, works grand on my other box as the repo was pre installed before i bought it,

any ideas or help greatly appreciated

Hey all

Tried the toothpick thing. Nothing happened.

How would I do a factory reset does anyone know?

*edit*

Oh, and also, assuming this box is just dead, is there anywhere reliable to buy these boxes off? Want another box but buying them off ebay/aliexpress etc is a bit of a crapshoot it seems, no warranty etc.

Where do you live? How much do you wish to spend?

The box won't go into recovery at all?

This any good to you?

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=500584459966022&story_fbid=613728641984936

I got the gbox rom installed on it, it wouldn't load up last night, just stayed on the logo.

Turned it on this morning and it fired up straight away??

I'll see how it goes for the next few days or it will be going back.

Thanks for the help, very useful guide on xda, I'll post up later if people can't find it.

What is the best Open Elec for the MXIII?

Is it the S82 on on the Russian forum? Something tells me the MXIII one is for the 1gb MXIII.

MXIII came with 110k4 installed so decided to see how it was before tinkering with it.

Installed Total installer and Andy's build, super impressed with that. Everything a user needs really, user preference will decode if a few extra add ons are needed but it is set up correctly using Aeon NOx.

Firmware ran fine for the 45 mins I put a film at 1080 through it but will likely update it to a better version from Freaktab. I will keep this box on Android as it is a second box for the wife to use upstairs mainly.

Back to the builds again, thses will cut out box sellers ripping folk off with "fully loaded" boxes, I literally had ot installed on 5 mins with no tech knowledge needed bar in putting the Total source

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

MXIII came with 110k4 installed so decided to see how it was before tinkering with it.

Installed Total installer and Andy's build, super impressed with that. Everything a user needs really, user preference will decode if a few extra add ons are needed but it is set up correctly using Aeon NOx.

Firmware ran fine for the 45 mins I put a film at 1080 through it but will likely update it to a better version from Freaktab. I will keep this box on Android as it is a second box for the wife to use upstairs mainly.

Back to the builds again, thses will cut out box sellers ripping folk off with "fully loaded" boxes, I literally had ot installed on 5 mins with no tech knowledge needed bar in putting the Total source
    I've been using the mxiii for about a week now and it's ran everything I've thrown at it so far with no problems. Wifi isn't great but I use it wired anyway.

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I've been using the mxiii for about a week now and it's ran everything I've thrown at it so far with no problems. Wifi isn't great but I use it wired anyway.

****e I need it to be good on WiFi. Your on Open Elec?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement