Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Tell them nothing....Miss BN at this stage doesn't even ask :p I just get a text with "ANOTHER delivery for you" the capitals are supposed to make me feel bad or something, water off a ducks back I say

She only gets upset if the box is not up and running when she wants it for something :p

Mrs Dahat is financial controller you see, I don't even know my bank pin anymore!!! (Joke)

Pretty annoying though, not sure I will use Post NL anymore. It seems most stuff is being stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The app that seems to be the main reason some people don't switch to XBMC/Kodi, or the reason they stay on Android, is now available in XBMC/Kodi.
    I don't know if it's any good though, I haven't tried it. Only saw it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭rob316

jay0109 wrote: »
    Thanks. Didn't think there was anything untoward about these boxes so apologies for asking anything that may have breached the rules.

Would the Neo X8-H box be the best out there at present? Buy that and then add the software mentioned above...and your up and running?

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tag/xbmc/ everything you need to know here and of course youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Allyall wrote: »
    The app that seems to be the main reason some people don't switch to XBMC/Kodi, or the reason they stay on Android, is now available in XBMC/Kodi.
    I don't know if it's any good though, I haven't tried it. Only saw it yesterday.

From my testing it works on windows/OpenELEC but not on Android

Big Nelly wrote: »
    From my testing it works on windows/OpenELEC but not on Android

Haven't seen any other reports of it failing on Android though.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Haven't seen any other reports of it failing on Android though.

Tried download from 2 different sites, just tried on tablet now and not on Minix, get "dependencies not met", have asked on one of the facebook groups if anyone else has had similar errors....

I did have no issue on the OpenELEC box...

Give me more of a reason to move everything to OpenELEC

Open Elec plus a premium sub is the way forward IMO. Far less heartache and more efficient kodi experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Quick one,

Have the quad core mxq android box. Happy enough with it but notice that the wifi speed and ethernet speed are poor.

I am on 240meg UPC. Testing via laptop on ethernet get 230 or so down. On my Galaxy s4 get around 50 - 60 meg over the wifi. Laptop on wifi is about 70-80 meg.

Heres the problem,

When connecting android box to router I am only getting 10 meg down via ethernet.

Wifi is about 30 - 40 meg when its sitting beside the router but when upstairs it drops to about 20 meg down.

I can survive with the WIFI as I think it's more than likely an issue with the router being rubbish.

Can anyone help with the ethernet issue? I am having trouble finding the spec of the NIC but would presume it 1gb ethernet.

Also is there any app I can use with a sperate USB wifi dongle to eliminate the built in wifi which is poor. I would like to disable the native wifi if possible.

Cheers

Quick one,

Have the quad core mxq android box. Happy enough with it but notice that the wifi speed and ethernet speed are poor.

I am on 240meg UPC. Testing via laptop on ethernet get 230 or so down. On my Galaxy s4 get around 50 - 60 meg over the wifi. Laptop on wifi is about 70-80 meg.

Heres the problem,

When connecting android box to router I am only getting 10 meg down via ethernet.

Wifi is about 30 - 40 meg when its sitting beside the router but when upstairs it drops to about 20 meg down.

I can survive with the WIFI as I think it's more than likely an issue with the router being rubbish.

Can anyone help with the ethernet issue? I am having trouble finding the spec of the NIC but would presume it 1gb ethernet.

Also is there any app I can use with a sperate USB wifi dongle to eliminate the built in wifi which is poor. I would like to disable the native wifi if possible.

Cheers

Firmware version installed?

by the way ethernet is only 10/100

Very few android boxes have 1GB adapters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Lad's im in a pickle if anyone can help

I got my sisters mxiii 1gb and flashed openelec onto it. Turns out her's is a newer version with the updated wifi chip so no wifi.
    I went to flash back to a stock android rom and thats the problem, it starts installing in recovery, then turns to erasing and error
    In the error log its saying failed to verify whole file signature.

I downloaded another rom to try and again the same in happening, anyone got any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

Hello
    I just got a mx box from my son.
    Can someone tell me if mobdro is the best place to watch sport or is the another which is better. I was watching golf on mobdro earlier and there was a fair bit of buffering. Its on wifi 30gb.
    Thanks for any info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

kenkin wrote: »
    Hello
    I just got a mx box from my son.
    Can someone tell me if mobdro is the best place to watch sport or is the another which is better. I was watching golf on mobdro earlier and there was a fair bit of buffering. Its on wifi 30gb.
    Thanks for any info

download "torrent stream controller".

Quality is far better.

5500 wrote: »
    Lad's im in a pickle if anyone can help

I got my sisters mxiii 1gb and flashed openelec onto it. Turns out her's is a newer version with the updated wifi chip so no wifi.
    I went to flash back to a stock android rom and thats the problem, it starts installing in recovery, then turns to erasing and error
    In the error log its saying failed to verify whole file signature.

I downloaded another rom to try and again the same in happening, anyone got any ideas?

Is there not an updated Open Elec to flash over the existing one?

Alll I could find is staneslinux build, but the download links for that seem to have vanished. I tried it with the usb burning tool and was having no Joy either, I've just tried an old firmware 107k4 and ive gotten it to flash so its turning on, but wifi isnt working, going to flash the later 11k4 now and hopefully that gets it back in business

I flashed OE to the same model box so must ask my mate to try his WiFi.

What OE did you use?

Im back up and running with it now on the 11k4 and wifi is perfect

Ii used the 7k on the end of the page from here - http://www.bee-link.com/en/article.php?id=134

11k is here - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?14126-Stock-Firmware-Beelink-S82-M8-MXIII-1-2G-Official-FW-Releases-from-Beelink-user-feedback-thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Right lads, My X8-h Plus entered customs this morning:(:mad:
    Any ideas when it'll be out for delivery?
    I'm in Dublin.

2015-01-15 10:23
    DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12, ITEM SENT TO CUSTOMS
    2015-01-15 08:35
    DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12, ITEM RECEIVED
    2015-01-15 10:23
    The item is being processed by customs
    2015-01-15 08:35
    The item has been processed in the country of destination
    2015-01-14 11:14
    The item has arrived in the country of destination
    2015-01-13 07:53
    The item is on transport to the country of destination
    2015-01-10 06:58
    The item is at the PostNL sorting center
    2015-01-02 03:47
    The item is pre-adviced

Keeping my MXIII company for the night.
    .I'd imagine they will be assessed and released for delivery on Monday IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

I have a bizarre bug with the YouTube add-on that I am hoping someone might be able to help with.

When I go to play a video, that I have already watched, it refuses to open. No issue playing videos that I have never watched before.

Is there some setting somewhere that allows you watch the same video multiple times!?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Finally got my MX3 today looks great so but the remote is driving me NUTS anybody recommend a replacement

thanks

• Advertisement

Finally got my MX3 today looks great so but the remote is driving me NUTS anybody recommend a replacement

thanks

Use Yatse on your Android phone/tablet, great app or buy an mini keypad from Amazon/EBay.

There is a guy on Adverts selling Rio mini for €20, they are backlight as well. Think he had 5 to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

thanks
    A 10 euro wifi mouse in PC World and you can go wrong.

Use Yatse on your Android phone/tablet, great app or buy an mini keypad from Amazon/EBay.

There is a guy on Adverts selling Rio mini for €20, they are backlight as well. Think he had 5 to sell.

Yatse it is

Cheers

Quick question on screen resolution on Open Elec.

I have an oldish TV, HD ready and is 1080i but when I turn on my system it changes to 720p automatically...

How can I get it to 1920 x 1080 like most Open Elec I have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Another box gone to Customs, Mrs Dahat will not be best pleased after only buying the MXQ yesterday.
    is it worth buying for china and having to wait weeks and weeks and then getting hit for customs and handling charge?? When they can be bought in the uk for probably the same money

massy086 wrote: »
    is it worth buying for china and having to wait weeks and weeks and then getting hit for customs and handling charge?? When they can be bought in the uk for probably the same money

True, trying something else next time to see how it goes.

Haven't seen an MXIII 2GB for €80 from UK seller who sends from UK though haven't looked past 4 ads on EBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

massy086 wrote: »

I find with DHL from China they come in just as cheap if you are willing to take the 20€ customs hit, takes a week or just over but still under 100€ for mxiii 2gb or the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭jimosterberg

I find with DHL from China they come in just as cheap if you are willing to take the 20€ customs hit, takes a week or just over but still under 100€ for mxiii 2gb or the likes.

Where would you get it in a week from China. Slowboat seems to take over 30 days for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement