Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »
    Get Ocarina cleared first, we can let you back into A&R then :D

I finished that during a hospital stay two years ago, it was that or listen to the git next to me in cardiac care snore with the lights on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think one if the main complaints about the water temple, that was addressed in the 3DS port was having to go into the menu in order to remove the steel boots.
    Last time I played was the port and I did it without the blue tunic. Unintentionally of course. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Since I got my wii u a couple of weeks ago I've annoyingly started a bunch of games at the same time. So now I'm in the middle of Super mario 3d world, Pikmin 3, Captain toad treasure tracker and also bought super metroid on the eshop. Oh, and Mass Effect 3 is here but I haven't gone near that yet.

On my 3DS I have to complete Luigi's mansion 2, Shantae, and have yet to start Cave Story.

First world problems :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Just started to clear my backlog of games. GTA V is done. Just started Far Cry 3 (which will only be a quarter of the Wild Expedition set that I picked up cheap), working my way through getting three stars in all MK8 Grand Prix while also trying to figure out Smash Bros. Looking forward to starting Bayonetta too. I got A Link Between Worlds free in the promotion and I don't think I've even launched it yet... Here's hoping I finish them before Zelda and Xenoblade for Wii U release. In the meantime I'll just have to stop going in to game shops when I know there's a sale on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I only get so far in OoT before I give up. What's the story with the water temple, hear people complain about it a lot, does it just control really badly or something? Did Ninty not change that on the 3ds version?

How can people give up on Zelda? Pah, amateurs

I. CANNOT. WAIT. FOR. MM. Every time I read an article on it...

Elf.gif

If you're gonna give up after the Water Temple in Zelda, then you may not be finishing MM either after the 57th time going back to day 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

gubbie wrote: »
    How can people give up on Zelda? Pah, amateurs

I. CANNOT. WAIT. FOR. MM. Every time I read an article on it...

Elf.gif

If you're gonna give up after the Water Temple in Zelda, then you may not be finishing MM either after the 57th time going back to day 1

Haha I know I know! But I only have so much time To play games I suppose.

I need to be in a head space/zone for OoT for some reason. But I'm nearly finished TP which I used to have a problem starting too, but love it now. So when finished I will either restart OoT or move onto SS, haven't decided just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

gubbie wrote: »
    I didn't give up on the water temple (I don't remember it giving me much hassle in the 3ds version, and only a little on the gamecube version) but MM is the only LoZ game I did give up on as I wasn't mad on the time mechanic but will get the 3DS version and will finish it (and get those crazy lovebirds together if it kills me).

Question for you guys. Metroid Prime series, do I have to play the first one to get the story? i have echoes and corruption, can I just start with echoes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Question for you guys. Metroid Prime series, do I have to play the first one to get the story? i have echoes and corruption, can I just start with echoes?

I would advise playing the first one anyway. It's the best of the three.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, definitely get the Trilogy set, you won't be disappointed.
    The game is well worth it, with a breathtaking first game, a damn hard second game and a easier run for the last title in the Prime series.
    Echoes, to repeat is tough tough tough.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Yeah, definitely get the Trilogy set, you won't be disappointed.
    The game is well worth it, with a breathtaking first game, a damn hard second game and a easier run for the last title in the Prime series.
    Echoes, to repeat is tough tough tough.

But I don't have 100euro sitting around to get the Wii trilogy sadly so it's GameCube x2 and then Wii games for me.

Argh, I'll have to look for a copy of Prime now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

But I don't have 100euro sitting around to get the Wii trilogy sadly so it's GameCube x2 and then Wii games for me.

Argh, I'll have to look for a copy of Prime now.

I think I have a copy I could lend you.

sweetie wrote: »
    I think I have a copy I could lend you.

Oh you're very kind to offer Sweetie, but that's ok, I'm in no rush to start just yet so I might knock up to RAGE, see if there is a copy there or on adverts maybe.

But thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Juggling between shovel knight, watchdogs and super paper mario at the moment, enjoying all 3. I didnt think i would like shovel knight and only brought it because it was on sale, but i really like it, can be frustrating at times but i like it, watchdogs is class, and super paper mario is great craic, i love the novel idea of jumping from 2d to 3d and it can be verry funny at times, currently thinking of picking up okami and other classic wii games that i missed out on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I have beaten Ocarina countless times both on 3DS and N64, never beat the master quest version on Gamecube, never beat Majora's Mask though, ever. I am looking forward to trying on the 3DS version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Juggling between shovel knight, watchdogs and super paper mario at the moment, enjoying all 3. I didnt think i would like shovel knight and only brought it because it was on sale, but i really like it, can be frustrating at times but i like it, watchdogs is class, and super paper mario is great craic, i love the novel idea of jumping from 2d to 3d and it can be verry funny at times, currently thinking of picking up okami and other classic wii games that i missed out on.

Definitely pick up Okami. Just a gorgeous, fantastic game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Still addicted to the brilliant Mario 3D World. I play it on the TV, finish a world and then use the game pad to go back and get missing stars, stamps and yellow flags.

Well, I finally finished Twilight Princess on the Wii. Such a great game, but my god, 80+ hours it took me. That's two full working weeks lol.
    what a terrible ending after that amount of time I put in

Now what do I do, start Skyward Sword tonight or go to a different franchise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Started the Hero quest on a Link Between Worlds last night. Enough time has passed since my first playthrough, and my 3DS has been a bit neglected of late....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

After a few cans Saturday night, I downloaded the Pikmin 3 demo for the laugh. Having never played any of the series, I didn't know what to expect. A couple of minutes in, the missus took the controller off me and played the whole demo. Sunday morning, headed into town and bought the full game. Spent the whole day playing Pikmin. On paper, I'd never touch the game, but after playing the demo, it's a surprisingly good game. I'm actually shocked that I like it (and her too).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That reminds me, must finish Pikmin 3!
    Peach finished it way back, but I only got around half way through!

She always annihilated me in the multiplayer too though. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hang on... does that mean that you're.... oh god, how did I not notice?

tumblr_lunwg9LkMH1r5ds6vo1_500.jpg

The_B_Man wrote: »
    After a few cans Saturday night, I downloaded the Pikmin 3 demo for the laugh. Having never played any of the series, I didn't know what to expect. A couple of minutes in, the missus took the controller off me and played the whole demo. Sunday morning, headed into town and bought the full game. Spent the whole day playing Pikmin. On paper, I'd never touch the game, but after playing the demo, it's a surprisingly good game. I'm actually shocked that I like it (and her too).

Man I loved Pikmin 3, such a great, easy/challenging and very pretty game.

You are right in saying that on paper it doesn't sound great and a lot of people have missed out on it because of this. Glad they have a demo for it now but they should keep pushing it on the eshop and release more DLC/Amiibo (lol) as I would snap that all up.

Anyone who hasn't, should pick this game up!

So I started Skyward Sword last night, it's very pretty but man there is a lot of cut scenes before you get to your first dungeon. Motion plus, stupid, Link running around holding his sword out like he's a small kid running with scissors so ya have to press 'A' a lot to put away.and no on-screen map? It's like they took a step back from TP.

God, I hope they don't work in motion plus to the New Zelda and stick with the gamepad/pro-controller. It kinda takes away from the actual game :(

• Advertisement

I honestly thought the opposite, I felt that it added to the game, felt more directly responsible for Link's actions, and thus more involved in the game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

So I started Skyward Sword last night, it's very pretty but man there is a lot of cut scenes before you get to your first dungeon. Motion plus, stupid, Link running around holding his sword out like he's a small kid running with scissors so ya have to press 'A' a lot to put away.and no on-screen map? It's like they took a step back from TP.

God, I hope they don't work in motion plus to the New Zelda and stick with the gamepad/pro-controller. It kinda takes away from the actual game :(

Stick with it! Started recently, 30 hrs in, can't wait to get back to it. The first hour or two are definitely the slowest part in what I've done so far.

Love Skyloft. Got me thinking which is my favourite village in all the Zelda games*. Probably Kakariko in LTTP. Or OOT. Special mention for the fantastic music of Windfall island. But Skyloft if definitely up there.

*obviously it's Clock Town. But these are my favourite other ones.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Stick with it! Started recently, 30 hrs in, can't wait to get back to it. The first hour or two are definitely the slowest part in what I've done so far.

Love Skyloft. Got me thinking which is my favourite village in all the Zelda games*. Probably Kakariko in LTTP. Or OOT. Special mention for the fantastic music of Windfall island. But Skyloft if definitely up there.

*obviously it's Clock Town. But these are my favourite other ones.

Oh yeah I'm gonna stick with it till thend end, just seems a little silly to me.

Wanna get through all the zeldas I haven't finished in the next couple months before Zelda U comes out.

Just have to play OoT to completion after SS and then MM, so I won't have Zelda fatigue in December.

Did you watch the Nintendo Direct? They're releasing the Metroid Prime Trilogy for download through the Wii U. €20 but will launch for €10.

abbir wrote: »
    Did you watch the Nintendo Direct? They're releasing the Metroid Prime Trilogy for download through the Wii U. €20 but will launch for €10.

Ah SPOILER! Lol I was going to watch it later tonight. But awesome! all 3 for €10 or €10 each?

• Advertisement

Ah SPOILER! Lol I was going to watch it later tonight. But awesome! all 3 for €10 or €10 each?

Oops sorry.....it'll be €10 for the Trilogy Release (so all 3 games) for one week after release (€20 after). I won't tell you the release date so I don't spoil that too :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I'm playing Solatorobo: Red the Hunter. I've also played a bit of SMT4 and Rune Factory 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Still playing Skyward Sword. It's a long game, i'm nearly at 50 hours, but such fun. I'm just at a cut scene which I believe will be of great significance.

I'm still playing Pikmin 3.
    I've completed the story mode and moved onto the missions. I bought all the DLC for 9 euro or so, and i've gotten weeks of use out of it, so its well worth it for me.
    Seriously though, the two of us come home from work, have dinner, and play it until we go to bed. I think its starting to become a bit of a problem (and we havent even start Bingo Mode!)!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Started Pikmin 3 the other night. Wasted large chunks of the first 2 days trying to figure out that weighing scales puzzle while I was still a lone crewman, wondering if there was a jump button I was missing. D'oh! Are there fixed limited amounts of fruit in the game, limiting how many days you have to beat it?

Ye, each level has a number beside it of how much fruit you have collected and how much is on the island, eg "9/16".

So ye, to answer your question, there's limited fruit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Ye, each level has a number beside it of how much fruit you have collected and how much is on the island, eg "9/16".

So ye, to answer your question, there's limited fruit.

yea but you don't get to see that from the start it'll say like 9/?? as opposed to 9/16 until you get a certain item afaik

Fantasy Life on 3DS is ridiculously addictive. I've run down my battery twice since Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Mr E wrote: »
    Fantasy Life on 3DS is ridiculously addictive. I've run down my battery twice since Wednesday.

i should have brought it from smyths, i went the cheapo option and brought it from cd wow, they have a backorder of two weeks for it , so two weeks of waiting for it to come in stock and another two weeks wait for it to arrive to me. Raging!!

Playing Mario and luigi dream team at the moment, really enjoying it more then i thought i would.

1,000 posts.... kudos. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Finally finished a link between worlds, what a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Now is that a 3DS or 3DS XL, as only one of them mean you've played it a lot. :pac:

I'm playing it currently but I'm still stuck on which eyes to pick.

XL. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

XL. :)

It's a bit addictive so.

A bit.

It may be 12 years old, (next month I think?) but Metroid Prime is still a magnificent game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Christ, Bayonetta 1 is intense. No letting up at all. I can only play one chapter at a time.

I think it's time to wind down with the project management sim that is Pikmin 3.

I have to start Pikmin 3 properly. I have the problem (definitely a first world one) that I only got a WiiU a few months ago and I've been snapping up my wishlist. I have about 12 boxed games and a bunch of digital games, so I'm like an easily distracted kid in a toy shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Damn Fire Emblem I won't sleep again tonight it's just too much fun to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

cloud493 wrote: »
    Finally finished a link between worlds, what a great game.

Hero mode aswell I hope?

Advertisement