Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Thinking of Skyward myself, I barely made a scratch in that one, must correct that mistake before Majors pops up in a couple of months.

Get Ocarina cleared first, we can let you back into A&R then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Playing Mario Golf at the moment, badly might I add. Am going to start Ocarina this evening again, then I plan on starting Fantasy Life after I get stuck in the water temple some time next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I only get so far in OoT before I give up. What's the story with the water temple, hear people complain about it a lot, does it just control really badly or something? Did Ninty not change that on the 3ds version?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I was midway through the water temple when something else came along. Pokemon or Fire Emblem or something. Now I can't remember whether I was draining or flooding and where the switches to do either are, not to mention what I'm supposed to do at the various water levels. Its maddening and I can never reset the temple (cause I can't find the way out!) Or finish it so my game is stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I remember reading the anger towards that water temple in here. So when it came to doing it, I promised myself I wouldn't get distracted by another game, or whatever, for that exact reason. I knew I'd forget which levers did what.
    Seemed to work in this case.

• Advertisement

I honestly don't get what the water temple fuss does be about. It's not that bad at all, & doable in one sitting (which your prob best off doing).

Too much going back and forth for puzzles and different levers to higher and lower the water levels and dark link would give emerald and ruby weapons(final Fantasy VII) a run for the most frustrating bosses in a game I have faced.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Too much going back and forth for puzzles and different levers to higher and lower the water levels and dark link would give emerald and ruby weapons(final Fantasy VII) a run for the most frustrating bosses in a game I have faced.

It's funny, cos I found the bosses highly rewarding to beat. Especially the later bosses, I found the working out on tactics to defeat some bosses very satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭smokingman

dark link would give emerald and ruby weapons(final Fantasy VII) a run for the most frustrating bosses in a game I have faced.

Have you played them in Hyrule Warriors?

...pretty darned cool in that!

I dunno, I've never found the water temple a chore at all. I think all the drama surrounding it makes me expect the worst every time I play it, & I inevitably realise it's not as bad as what gets made out. Last time I was playing was when I played through the 3DS port, & I played through it in one handy sitting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »
    Get Ocarina cleared first, we can let you back into A&R then :D

I finished that during a hospital stay two years ago, it was that or listen to the git next to me in cardiac care snore with the lights on!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think one if the main complaints about the water temple, that was addressed in the 3DS port was having to go into the menu in order to remove the steel boots.
    Last time I played was the port and I did it without the blue tunic. Unintentionally of course. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Since I got my wii u a couple of weeks ago I've annoyingly started a bunch of games at the same time. So now I'm in the middle of Super mario 3d world, Pikmin 3, Captain toad treasure tracker and also bought super metroid on the eshop. Oh, and Mass Effect 3 is here but I haven't gone near that yet.

On my 3DS I have to complete Luigi's mansion 2, Shantae, and have yet to start Cave Story.

First world problems :(

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Just started to clear my backlog of games. GTA V is done. Just started Far Cry 3 (which will only be a quarter of the Wild Expedition set that I picked up cheap), working my way through getting three stars in all MK8 Grand Prix while also trying to figure out Smash Bros. Looking forward to starting Bayonetta too. I got A Link Between Worlds free in the promotion and I don't think I've even launched it yet... Here's hoping I finish them before Zelda and Xenoblade for Wii U release. In the meantime I'll just have to stop going in to game shops when I know there's a sale on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I only get so far in OoT before I give up. What's the story with the water temple, hear people complain about it a lot, does it just control really badly or something? Did Ninty not change that on the 3ds version?

How can people give up on Zelda? Pah, amateurs

I. CANNOT. WAIT. FOR. MM. Every time I read an article on it...

Elf.gif

If you're gonna give up after the Water Temple in Zelda, then you may not be finishing MM either after the 57th time going back to day 1

gubbie wrote: »
    How can people give up on Zelda? Pah, amateurs

I. CANNOT. WAIT. FOR. MM. Every time I read an article on it...

Elf.gif

If you're gonna give up after the Water Temple in Zelda, then you may not be finishing MM either after the 57th time going back to day 1

Haha I know I know! But I only have so much time To play games I suppose.

I need to be in a head space/zone for OoT for some reason. But I'm nearly finished TP which I used to have a problem starting too, but love it now. So when finished I will either restart OoT or move onto SS, haven't decided just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

gubbie wrote: »
    I didn't give up on the water temple (I don't remember it giving me much hassle in the 3ds version, and only a little on the gamecube version) but MM is the only LoZ game I did give up on as I wasn't mad on the time mechanic but will get the 3DS version and will finish it (and get those crazy lovebirds together if it kills me).

Question for you guys. Metroid Prime series, do I have to play the first one to get the story? i have echoes and corruption, can I just start with echoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Question for you guys. Metroid Prime series, do I have to play the first one to get the story? i have echoes and corruption, can I just start with echoes?

I would advise playing the first one anyway. It's the best of the three.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, definitely get the Trilogy set, you won't be disappointed.
    The game is well worth it, with a breathtaking first game, a damn hard second game and a easier run for the last title in the Prime series.
    Echoes, to repeat is tough tough tough.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Yeah, definitely get the Trilogy set, you won't be disappointed.
    The game is well worth it, with a breathtaking first game, a damn hard second game and a easier run for the last title in the Prime series.
    Echoes, to repeat is tough tough tough.

But I don't have 100euro sitting around to get the Wii trilogy sadly so it's GameCube x2 and then Wii games for me.

Argh, I'll have to look for a copy of Prime now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

But I don't have 100euro sitting around to get the Wii trilogy sadly so it's GameCube x2 and then Wii games for me.

Argh, I'll have to look for a copy of Prime now.

I think I have a copy I could lend you.

sweetie wrote: »
    I think I have a copy I could lend you.

Oh you're very kind to offer Sweetie, but that's ok, I'm in no rush to start just yet so I might knock up to RAGE, see if there is a copy there or on adverts maybe.

But thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Juggling between shovel knight, watchdogs and super paper mario at the moment, enjoying all 3. I didnt think i would like shovel knight and only brought it because it was on sale, but i really like it, can be frustrating at times but i like it, watchdogs is class, and super paper mario is great craic, i love the novel idea of jumping from 2d to 3d and it can be verry funny at times, currently thinking of picking up okami and other classic wii games that i missed out on.

I have beaten Ocarina countless times both on 3DS and N64, never beat the master quest version on Gamecube, never beat Majora's Mask though, ever. I am looking forward to trying on the 3DS version.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Juggling between shovel knight, watchdogs and super paper mario at the moment, enjoying all 3. I didnt think i would like shovel knight and only brought it because it was on sale, but i really like it, can be frustrating at times but i like it, watchdogs is class, and super paper mario is great craic, i love the novel idea of jumping from 2d to 3d and it can be verry funny at times, currently thinking of picking up okami and other classic wii games that i missed out on.

Definitely pick up Okami. Just a gorgeous, fantastic game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Still addicted to the brilliant Mario 3D World. I play it on the TV, finish a world and then use the game pad to go back and get missing stars, stamps and yellow flags.

Well, I finally finished Twilight Princess on the Wii. Such a great game, but my god, 80+ hours it took me. That's two full working weeks lol.
    what a terrible ending after that amount of time I put in

Now what do I do, start Skyward Sword tonight or go to a different franchise?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Started the Hero quest on a Link Between Worlds last night. Enough time has passed since my first playthrough, and my 3DS has been a bit neglected of late....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

After a few cans Saturday night, I downloaded the Pikmin 3 demo for the laugh. Having never played any of the series, I didn't know what to expect. A couple of minutes in, the missus took the controller off me and played the whole demo. Sunday morning, headed into town and bought the full game. Spent the whole day playing Pikmin. On paper, I'd never touch the game, but after playing the demo, it's a surprisingly good game. I'm actually shocked that I like it (and her too).

Advertisement