Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tales from the Borderlands (Tell Tale)

Options
  • 13-11-2014 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Thought there was a thread for this already? search sucks as usual mods merge if there is one.

Thought this was due out ages ago but here is a new trailer, really can't see this doing well as the other Tell Tale games, I'll get it but I can really only see it appealing to Borderlands fans and fans of Joe from family guy :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sharmander

Fantastic trailer, I'm really hyped for this to be released!

I don't even care that it's just basically pandering to Borderlands fans, I love the universe and have really enjoyed some of the other Telltale games so I'm probably gonna pre-order it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Patrick Warburton <3 it looks fairly faithful to the humour of the other games, I just wonder how it'll play. My only real experience with TTG is the poker night games, so I don't have much to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 EdragonXX

Like all TellTale Games - point and click is not my style. It's 2014, not 1998 anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

EdragonXX wrote: »
    Like all TellTale Games - point and click is not my style. It's 2014, not 1998 anymore.

That's a very antiquated way of looking at things :D

Cormac... wrote: »
    That's a very antiquated way of looking at things :D

Do you think? :) It's very simple. I like good story with good gameplay. And I always hated point and click games. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

What a ridiculous statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Do you think? :) It's very simple. I like good story with good gameplay. And I always hated point and click games. :P

These are more like an interactive comic/novel with some gameplay elements , not really point and click in the traditional sense, they don't pretend otherwise.

If you go in expecting a story thats what you'll get but if you expect a tonne of gameplay you would be seriously disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

The walking dead season 1 and 2 are both fantastic games gameplay and story and the 1st season is maybe one of the greatest stories ever told in gaming.

But tales from the borderlands looks fantastic as if they get the jokes from borderlands working perfect with a good story its going to a fantastic game.

But with TellTale Games for me i will be waiting to it gos on sale after Epp 3 and get it for 1/2 price on what ever console is cheapest

€10 on there being a bit where you're 3 dialogue choices are memes, any takers? It's easy money ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Patrick Warburton will always be Brock Samson to me :D though not sure the character model fits: he tends to play burly, beefcake types which match his tone of voice perfectly - this Hyperion stoodge didn't seem to match up.

Either way, I enjoyed that trailer: I wasn't entirely enticed by the idea of a narrative-driven game powered by Borderlands' near psychotic, sometimes infantile humour. Not knocking it or anything, it was often hilarious, just small doses sometimes worked best. Tell Tale seem to be toning it down a little and I liked the little exchanges.

• Advertisement

€10 on there being a bit where you're 3 dialogue choices are memes, any takers? It's easy money ;)

I'd rather put that €10 on the male character being related to Jack , he has the same odd colored eyes and does look like him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

sharmander wrote: »
    Fantastic trailer, I'm really hyped for this to be released!

I don't even care that it's just basically pandering to Borderlands fans, I love the universe and have really enjoyed some of the other Telltale games so I'm probably gonna pre-order it!

I really dislike the episode model. I bought TWD2 and the wolf among us at release but they were almost half price before half finshed. They are just too short to justify the staggered release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Hopefully they do a Wolf Among Us 2 when they're done with this.

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Hopefully they do a Wolf Among Us 2 when they're done with this.

Personally I'd rather they didn't, the story had a start, middle and end.

They will be doing Game of Thrones next in case you weren't aware, there's a thread on it here somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Personally I'd rather they didn't, the story had a start, middle and end.

They will be doing Game of Thrones next in case you weren't aware, there's a thread on it here somewhere

well a new story but in the same universe. I really wish they'd set up another studio.

Out tomorrow for Xbox One, next week on 360. :)

calex71 wrote: »

Oh? I thought this was still months out, I need to pay more attention to the passing of time :o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I presume this is getting released one episode at a time like the other games?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I presume this is getting released one episode at a time like the other games?

Yeah 4.99 for ep1 , and then 14.99 for the season pass. I'm going to hold off on the pass got a great deal on the wolf among us in the xmas sale last year and that wasn't long out before xmas.

It's out this evening on Steam, and I just caved into buying it. I'm pretty damn excited, will post my thoughts after I play episode 1!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

very interested in this, when is the game of thrones one due does anyone know?

Ooooooh I've it downloading now I'm super hyped!

The Game of Thrones game is due out December sometime, exact date still to be confirmed as far as I know. The Steam store page for it just went live a few hours ago, and like Tales from the Borderlands it's 10% off if you pre-purchase it, but they haven't a specific date as to when that offer is ending.

Launch trailer goodness

Game crashed on me in the middle of the final chapter of the episode, and won't open for me on that selected chapter. I was enjoying it so much until that happened :(

Loving it so far only played just passed the intro titles, they used the best music from BL2 on the title screen..... Lynchwood !!!!

Oh boy the smile on our faces playing this for a while last night !!!!!

Fully intended to play the whole thing through, but stuff came up, there are loads of QTE but they are done far better than say in walking dead, there are no cheap tiny timing windows popping up without warning etc.

Not sure how well it will come over to those who haven't played borderlands 2 but ti does have some clever and funny pop culture references too.

best line so far
    "who called the waaaaaambulance"
    :D

I felt kind of bad
    self destructing the loader bot after he was so cool

The game subtly leads you a little into playing Rhys in a
    what would Jack do kind of way
    at leas thats how I'm playing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Oh boy the smile on our faces playing this for a while last night !!!!!

Fully intended to play the whole thing through, but stuff came up, there are loads of QTE but they are done far better than say in walking dead, there are no cheap tiny timing windows popping up without warning etc.

Not sure how well it will come over to those who haven't played borderlands 2 but ti does have some clever and funny pop culture references too.

best line so far
    "who called the waaaaaambulance"
    :D

I felt kind of bad
    self destructing the loader bot after he was so cool

The game subtly leads you a little into playing Rhys in a
    what would Jack do kind of way
    at leas thats how I'm playing :D

Worth buying then ?
    Glad it's decent as I loved Borderlands 2

if you liked the trailer they had you will love it , they did not show the best bits !!!!

Was wrecking my head until I googled the lady who voices Fiona, she did the female voice of the player in Saints Row 3+4 and my toon was female in those :pac:

• Advertisement

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    well a new story but in the same universe. I really wish they'd set up another studio.

Tales from the Borderlands is made by TellTales Games, not 2K, who made previous Borderlands games. So it is another studio. :)

Advertisement