Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tales from the Borderlands (Tell Tale)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CHMl2DcUYAALpov.jpg:large

Ep 3 - 'CATCH A RIDE' will be available starting June 23rd (Same week as Batman: Arkham Knight)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

About time, they are putting all their attention into GoT lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

About time, they are putting all their attention into GoT lately.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aside from their apparent need to delay episode 2 of this, they are alternating between each series.

Glad to see episode 3, really enjoying playing these games right now. Have this, GoT and TWD Season 1 all on the go at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've become a bit bored with GoT mid episode 3, so looking forward to this :)

Cormac... wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but aside from their apparent need to delay episode 2 of this, they are alternating between each series.

No, they are not alternating at all. it's been 3 months since Ep2 of this. GoT has got 2 episodes since then.

At this rate it will be January before it's finished.

• Advertisement

No, they are not alternating at all. it's been 3 months since Ep2 of this. GoT has got 2 episodes since then.

At this rate it will be January before it's finished.

Even if you are not a Borderlands fan this is head and shoulders above some of the other games, GoT had a great 1st episode but for the last 2 episodes all I did was mash buttons thats how little I cared about the dialogue I chose :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Even if you are not a Borderlands fan this is head and shoulders above some of the other games, GoT had a great 1st episode but for the last 2 episodes all I did was mash buttons thats how little I cared about the dialogue I chose :(

Which is why you wait until its done. I waited til season 1 of walking dead was done. And I waited until season 2 was done. And the same with Wolf among us. I havent touched this or Game of thrones yet because its still rolling out.

Being able to play it together is the best experience. Its the same as binge watching on netflix....its just better.

Exactly, I don't feel this episodic content release method works well at all. Only Revelations 2 worked because there were released so close together, they were only a week or 2 apart. Basically they could have released it as one pack as it was all ready to go from the start.

I waited for The Walking Dead S2 to be fully released before playing it and glad I did. I'm doing the same for GoT. Borderlands I just jumped straight in as I really like that IP and I'm sorry I didn't hold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

I assume you need to have played the actual borderlands games to understand whats going on here?

DeclanRe wrote: »
    I assume you need to have played the actual borderlands games to understand whats going on here?

Not really, but it definitely helps, I'm sure a story summary wiki type thing would suffice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Cormac... wrote: »
    Not really, but it definitely helps, I'm sure a story summary wiki type thing would suffice

Great - thanks for that

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Great - thanks for that

I will say though that, much like say TWD and GoT a lot of the fun is being like "Oh look it's XYZ from the Show!" yanno.

Due to be released today, but not available for download yet. Anyone know around when we could be expecting it?

Due to be released today, but not available for download yet. Anyone know around when we could be expecting it?
    Titled Catch a Ride, Episode 3 will be released on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PC, and Mac on Tuesday, June 23. The third episode will then come to Xbox One and Xbox 360 the following day, June 24, and iOS and Android June 25, according to Telltale on Twitter.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/06/22/tales-from-the-borderlands-episode-3-release-dates-revealed

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I might actually give this a miss for a few weeks. Between Batman:AK and Devil May Cry 4:SE, going to be busy with those for a while, and might lessen the wait between Episode 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Its available to download now on PSN.
    As is an update.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

3HRS to download a 1.7 gig game ? pause/unpause didn't work this time, console restart didn't sort it either

[IMG][/img]http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4453905565

3HRS to download a 1.7 gig game ? pause/unpause didn't work this time, console restart didn't sort it either

[IMG][/img]http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4453905565

Do we share the same console? I swear - I'm having the exact same issue here.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Its available to download now on PSN.
    As is an update.

Ah good to know, xbox one isn't out until tomorrow but at least I can get that patch out of the way today now.

• Advertisement

This took 3 hrs to download from PSN this evening. Don't know but I reckon Batman had something to do with it hogging PSNs bandwidth with all the day one patches being downloaded.

Played it last night. Very funny. Gortsy is incredibly cute and their interaction with Loaderbot is superb! Also very funny when you get to the Dome and you scan everything, especially the flowers, and you get Jack's opinion, "it's a flower. What else do you want me to say? You're killing me here!" or when you scan the Killer Plant, "I want one .. Feed some orphans to it"

It's much better than the GoT episodes imo. Suppose that has alot to do with the writing material they have to work with and the Borderlands flavour of humour that goes with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Another waiting for this to go on sale for a while on the xbox now i picked this up yesterday for €15 witch i don't think is to bad considering i have had my eye on it for 6 months LoL.

1/2 way done on epp 2 and i am really liking it as it just has everything borderlands has going for it + more. The story i find is really good and the characters are very likeable in it. What i am loving is all the references to the other borderlands games.

One thing i am wondering are they using the borderlands game engine on this ?. As i am finding it runs so much better and looks so much better then the GOT one where everyone in the game nearly looks like same.

Just hope there wont be a crazy long wait for the last 2 epps but knowing TellTale that could be years :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Played Episode 3 last night. Have to admit, it was excellent, and really made me laugh at a number of points. The comedy in it is just bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,764 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Tales from the Borderlands is a joy to play :)

Episode 4 is out next week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,764 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Episode 4 is out next week.

Sweet :)

Episode 4 is out next week

Huzzah \o/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yes!

Advertisement