Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

OK I'll give it a lash as google has let me down...

All I can remember is that the Hero of the film was dressed in "jungle" exploring gear, I think.

There were murderous snakes used at one point but there were made of "gas"

At the end a volcano of gold explodes and covers the main baddie and he is then a gold statue.

The word "Doc" might be involved. It's like a film of an old comic book Hero but it might have been a bit tongue in cheek?

Help! 'Tis wreaking me head. Possibly late 80's early 90's by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Oak76 wrote: »

Yay! I may have been a tad off with the date. 1975!

Thanks Oak!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Thriller from i'd say the 70s about a couple who are being pursued by a hitman who I think has already killed someone and possibly they witness it.The hitman from what I remember never says anything and theres a scene where hes in a cafe having a coffee and the waitress says to him "Mr, don't you ever talk?".The hitman takes out a dollar bill and puts it into his mouth then spits it out onto the counter as payment.At the end of the movie the couple unknowingly accept a lift from him in a truck hes stolen but the woman get suspicious when she notices theres no keys in the ignition.I think it ends then with the killer getting killed in a showdown.When years later I saw No Country For Old Men I was reminded of it as Javier Bardems character seems to have a lot in common with this guy.Can't remember what it was called.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Trying to think of the name of a funny Cop film, probably in the early 90's. Was in the format of a "reality" show, lead captain had a cross-dressing thing going on, and there was a funny scene with a animal on a road that needed to be put down ( not Me, myself & Irene). Wreaking my head all day :mad:

• Advertisement

AmberBlaze wrote: »
    Hey, any help would be greatly appreciated here. I saw this movie when I was in the 4-5 grade I believe which would be around 2005-2006 ish? The movie was actually shown in school but the scenes I remember have bothered me for a long time. I can't remember if this older lady had ordered the boy or it was an accident he was sent to her but she opened this big metal barrel and there was a boy sitting inside. I can't remember clearly but I think he was slimy or not quite responsive yet? Almost like he was "Just Born".... not like he was a regular kid locked in the barrel. I believe she taught him everything he needed to know and in the end the government tried to take him back but she got to keep him? If anyone could help it would be great because I would like to watch it again and try to understand why they showed it to us at 10ish years old :/ it seems weird now and slightly disturbing.....

Taking a stab at it with Konrad http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167240/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AmberBlaze

Yes I think thats it!! Now I can watch it and try to figure out all these scenes I vaguely remember... thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AmberBlaze

Yes I think thats it!! Now I can watch it and try to figure out all these scenes I vaguely remember... thanks!! I guess some of the things I remember might have not happened in the movie... im not sure

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Trying to think of the name of a funny Cop film, probably in the early 90's. Was in the format of a "reality" show, lead captain had a cross-dressing thing going on, and there was a funny scene with a animal on a road that needed to be put down ( not Me, myself & Irene). Wreaking my head all day :mad:

"Ace Ventura - Pet Detective"?

spurious wrote: »
    "Ace Ventura - Pet Detective"?

nope, actually figured it out - was thinking of Reno 911 but got my dates all wrong, blurred youth...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 REALLYNEEDHELP

I really need help identifying a movie. It has plagued me for pretty much all my life because at the very beginning of my life is when I saw it. It had to have been made anywhere from 1980-1990, give or take, more early than later in that general time, possibly late 70s. I can describe to you some of the scenes in this movie. I know nothing about it! Like the actors or a name or anything. The language was in English so I assume it is an American/Hollywood movie. Not sure if it was a TV movie or if it came to video or what but I imagine as a kid watching endless hours of TV it came out on TV or aired on TV and such. Now to some scenes in the movie. Oh yeah, for that time period, this was a pretty futuristic-esque type movie for, again, that time period. Not futuristic like we would think today, in that sense, but for that time period. It seemed like in this movie there were other worlds conversing and such, maybe coming together for some big event or something. (Think the series "V" but not alien invasion type) Well one of the scenes the evildoers had a man naked or at least in underwear on a table in a room tied down and there was an illusion (to best describe) of ants or bugs covering his entire body (they were not doing anything like biting or eating him, I don't think) but to the victim it was very real and a torture type scare tactic. but I remember the scene vividly that the person in control of the "torture" turned it on and off like a light switch. That is one scene I recall. Another scene, there is a character that is a male that I do not think can talk, he has a big bird with him, I think, on his shoulder or in his hand like a bird guy, could have been an eagle, not sure, do not remember the bird, he has long black hair and at one scene he draws something in the sand with his finger to illustrate something to some people and I remember some "mean" type character, bullyish if you will, messes up the sand of what he was drawing with his finger as if to say you are stupid. This character that drew in the sand, may have had some feather type thing in his hair. I thought this movie was called The Last Starfighter, as the name seems like it would have been fitting but that was definitely not the movie as I watched that as a means of elimination. I know two vague scenes from a movie is hard to figure out but I hope someone out there can cure this plague for me. Another thing, this movie would definitely be Science Fiction or Fantasy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

Saw it on BBC 4 a few winters ago

Set somewhere like Serbia it was based on a fixer who would supply the local schools with books etc he was asked to get medicine for some child by the local doctor, he successfully gambles the money she gave him

It ends with him setting up a shop to sell mobile phones

Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 8 costelg

Hi all.

I am looking for the name of a film I seen years ago. Its about a search in the desert for alien or a mythical alien ship. I think it was based in the 20's or at least the the first part of the last centuary. Eventually the search resulted in finding a ship buried with people/aliens living on board. One of the aliens was involved in the search, I think she was a lost princess or something like that. I think the ship took off at the end.

Please help.
    George.

This film was not made in the last 10 -15 yrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

costelg wrote: »
    Hi all.

I am looking for the name of a film I seen years ago. Its about a search in the desert for alien or a mythical alien ship. I think it was based in the 20's or at least the the first part of the last centuary. Eventually the search resulted in finding a ship buried with people/aliens living on board. One of the aliens was involved in the search, I think she was a lost princess or something like that. I think the ship took off at the end.

Please help.
    George.

This film was not made in the last 10 -15 yrs.

That sounds like an episode of The X-Files.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

also is the plot of cowboys vs aliens. but that's a recent movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 costelg

No the film was older than that..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

costelg wrote: »
    No the film was older than that..

yes, i got that. I was just pointing out the similarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Trying to remember the name of this film but I can't get it at all

The plot is where a guy's pregnant wife is murdered (and possible raped?) and the criminal is arrested but is sent to the supermax prison. The victim's husband vows revenge and to do so, he has to go behind the bars so he starts doing criminally stuff and tries his best to get himself landed into the same prison as his wife's murderer is in.

Definitely not Law Abiding Citizen anyway but I'm positive that the film is recent as in less than 15 years old

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,167 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Trying to remember the name of this film but I can't get it at all

The plot is where a guy's pregnant wife is murdered (and possible raped?) and the criminal is arrested but is sent to the supermax prison. The victim's husband vows revenge and to do so, he has to go behind the bars so he starts doing criminally stuff and tries his best to get himself landed into the same prison as his wife's murderer is in.

Definitely not Law Abiding Citizen anyway but I'm positive that the film is recent as in less than 15 years old

Offender? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1821427/reference

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Mickeroo wrote: »

That's it! Cheers lad :)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

French movie about a guy who falls in love with a chimpanze.There was a thread about it somewhere on Boards some time back when RTE showed it with no subtitles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭brian_t

French movie about a guy who falls in love with a chimpanze.There was a thread about it somewhere on Boards some time back when RTE showed it with no subtitles.

Carmen

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0874873/

RTE Cock Up

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055504713

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

brian_t wrote: »

Jesus I remember that,I put it on when it was about three quarters through.I think I came home fairly drunk and starting watching this screwed up film which had no subtitles so I didn't know what was going on and next is the scene where yer man appears to get ahem, "intimate" with the chimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,323 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

a few films I need identifying please
    first is a film from the 60's I reckon as I was a toddler in the 70's and films filtered slowly back then
    It was about a young blonde boy who loses his parents in some asian country most likely Japan and teams up with an asian kid and for some reason they go on the run to avoid the government and end up in a desert ad are found. I gathered from the film they didn't need to run at all

2nd is a war film set in the desert where the british have found a well that has run dry but the germans dont know this and the british have only a well that drips and to piss off the thirsty germans they start washing in the water they gathered and so the germans start shelling them and so the germans surrender and run to the well which in the meantime had come to life from the shelling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

The second one, about the dried up well, sounds like Sahara from 1943 starring Humphrey Bogart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Skerries wrote: »
    first is a film from the 60's I reckon as I was a toddler in the 70's and films filtered slowly back then
    It was about a young blonde boy who loses his parents in some asian country most likely Japan and teams up with an asian kid and for some reason they go on the run to avoid the government and end up in a desert ad are found. I gathered from the film they didn't need to run at all

2nd is a war film set in the desert where the british have found a well that has run dry but the germans dont know this and the british have only a well that drips and to piss off the thirsty germans they start washing in the water they gathered and so the germans start shelling them and so the germans surrender and run to the well which in the meantime had come to life from the shelling

It's probably not it but the first film sounds a bit like Empire of the Sun with Christian Bale as the kid who loses his British parents in Shanghai. He's not quite blonde though and it was made in the 1980's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ayzmo

I'm looking for a movie that my boyfriend had mentioned.

This is what he has told me:
    Either a movie or a short film.

About a boy who is assumed to be gay.
    The father is arrested out of nowhere, possibly for money laundering.
    Before being arrested they lived in a contemporary house.
    The boy befriends an older gay man who may be a pedophile.
    The older man has pictures of another young boy in the house.
    The movie ends on a bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ayzmo

Oak76 wrote: »
    L.I.E?

You're amazing. He says that's it. Thank you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Skerries wrote: »
    It was about a young blonde boiy who loses his parents in some asian country most likely Japan and teams up with an asian kid and for some reason they go on the run to avoid the government and end up in a desert ad are found. I gathered from the film they didn't need to run at all

Second one is Sahara?

Advertisement