Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Doesn't tally with the first part of your description, but Van Helsing had a snowy icy portal thing to where Dracula's castle lair was hidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 costelg

Thanks Oak76. I think you could be right.

Thanks a million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Autonomous

I seen a trailer but cannot remember the film or find it, please help.
    Its a "end of world" genre, the earth is been blasted by the sun. People have 12 hrs or so left till the earth rotates and the sun will scorch them.
    A man helps a lost child during the film...any ideas? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Sounds like the very disappointing "Knowing" directed by Alex Proyas (The Crow, Dark City) and staring Nicolas Cage.

Sounds like the very disappointing "Knowing" directed by Alex Proyas (The Crow, Dark City) and staring Nicolas Cage.

No its not "knowing" but its simliar
    Thanks,
    I'm sure it was out 2013/14

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,351 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another Nic Cage movie.

Left Behind.
    A small group of survivors are left behind after millions of people suddenly vanish and the world is plunged into chaos and destruction.

Autonomous wrote: »
    Its a "end of world" genre, the earth is been blasted by the sun. People have 12 hrs or so left till the earth rotates and the sun will scorch them.

You sure you're not thinking of Sunshine?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Another Nic Cage movie.

Left Behind.

Brilliant book by the way its about the Rapture

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

...the earth is been blasted by the sun. People have 12 hrs or so left till the earth rotates and the sun will scorch them.
    Sorry I can't help Autonomous but for some reason this summary gave me the giggles. Try to imagine someone reading it in a dramatic voice over a trailer...

'...SCORCHED - OUT NOW'

It could also be Hell you're thinking of.

• Advertisement

No, none of the above....i get the feeling it maybe based in Australia.

Hootanany wrote: »
    Brilliant book by the way its about the Rapture

Who wrote it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Who wrote it?

There are 16 books in the series: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_Behind

Who wrote it?

Its a bit Holy Moley but with it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Hootanany wrote: »
    Its a bit Holy Moley but with it

The set-up is that the very good get Raptured, and then some pretty good people see the error of their ways and convert to whatever kind of Protestantism it is that believes in the Rapture, and then all the evil people (the rest of us) Get Ours.

The authors do not seem to think the set-up is fictional.

Jehovers I think 100,000 will go to heaven

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

These Final Hours

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2268458/

Fair play...thats it :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

It's a film in Korean.

It's about this girl who believes she's a robot and I remember this specific scene where she's in a factory and she says she needs to charge herself so she puts her finger in a plug.

She's sent to an asylum then with other people and she eventually meetsba guy and falls in love.

Anyone know what it's called?

Thanking You in advance :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

It's a film in Korean.

It's about this girl who believes she's a robot and I remember this specific scene where she's in a factory and she says she needs to charge herself so she puts her finger in a plug.

She's sent to an asylum then with other people and she eventually meetsba guy and falls in love.

Anyone know what it's called?

Thanking You in advance :)

Never mind I just remembered!

It's called I'm A Cyborg But That's Okay! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Really vague, all I remember is a scene where one of the characters (possibly an old man, definitely male) is playing with the wooden clothes peg, the ones with two prongs. Can't remember why he has them, think he might be using them to demonstrate something. That's all I got, driving me crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭carlowplayer

Old late 80s early 90s movie about a teen who is dating a witch but is warned by his friends not to and ends up being turned into a frog and is aided by his ex girlfriend to change back oh and an old man he befriends is also turned into a frog

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

I remember years ago seeing this ultra screwed up late night film on telly.It was a subtitled film , possibly French and I'm not sure on this but it was either claymation animation or used puppets.It was set I think in the time of the French Revoloution and the characters were anthropomorphised animals dressed in 18th century clothes.The main character was a spaniel type dog and I think he was being held prisioner in maybe The Bastille.The other main character was a rat and there was one scene that had the dog character buggering the rat with a pistol(I said it was screwed up).Does anyone know what it was?

Edit:I just remembered the dog character had a talking penis and there were a few scenes where they were having a chat.I think this movie was so disturbing that I've blocked most of it from my memory.

I remember years ago seeing this ultra screwed up late night film on telly.It was a subtitled film , possibly French and I'm not sure on this but it was either claymation animation or used puppets.It was set I think in the time of the French Revoloution and the characters were anthropomorphised animals dressed in 18th century clothes.The main character was a spaniel type dog and I think he was being held prisioner in maybe The Bastille.The other main character was a rat and there was one scene that had the dog character buggering the rat with a pistol(I said it was screwed up).Does anyone know what it was?

Edit:I just remembered the dog character had a talking penis and there were a few scenes where they were having a chat.I think this movie was so disturbing that I've blocked most of it from my memory.

It's Marquis, on phone here's a link, http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0097839/

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

It's Marquis, on phone here's a link, http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0097839/

Looked it up on YT and the trailer is up thats it allright nice one.Those masks the actors wear are as creepy as feck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

This is not a full length movie so it may not be the right place but its been driving me mad for years trying to find out what it was.It was a short animated film of maybe 10 minutes that I saw on RTE in the 80s.It used clay animation and it was about a circus clown.The premise was him after finishing his act in his dressing room and he finds that he can't wash off his clown makeup.No matter how much he tries to remove it he can't get it off.He goes off out with a scarf or something covering his face to avoid embarrassment.Theres a scene where hes at a wake and he goes up to the open coffin crying,the scarf falls off his face and the other people at the wake all start laughing at him.He goes off home and everyone he meets on the street are all mocking him.The final scene opens a dark stage and the sound of an audience laughing,then the lights come up and we see the clown in his costume dangling from a noose having hanged himself.The laughter dies away and the only sound is a creaking as the clown swings slowly on the noose.It was about 30 years ago that I saw it and no amount of Googling seem to bring up anything matching the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭legrand

oh boy this may be very vague...
    Science Fiction movie set in present day (well, actually late 80's when I saw it). It may have been an Australian production.
    A man wakes up to a world and there is no one left but him- he may have been in a hospital bed (no not 28 days). I'm trying to recall but he may have met another human (woman) who is similarly confused by the sudden disappearance of people.

Transpires the earth has entered some cyclical event whereby those that die (via whatever cause) at this event time actually go on to live and those living die/disappear.

Omega [Man] seems to ring a bell but can find nothing online

legrand wrote: »
    oh boy this may be very vague...
    Science Fiction movie set in present day (well, actually late 80's when I saw it). It may have been an Australian production.
    A man wakes up to a world and there is no one left but him- he may have been in a hospital bed (no not 28 days). I'm trying to recall but he may have met another human (woman) who is similarly confused by the sudden disappearance of people.

Transpires the earth has entered some cyclical event whereby those that die (via whatever cause) at this event time actually go on to live and those living die/disappear.

Omega [Man] seems to ring a bell but can find nothing online

It's The Quiet Earth

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭legrand

^^^
    Thank you Darko - really appreciate that :)

For those interested here is a clip (a bit of spolier tbh) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdHoYtBzdX0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Southsaturn

Does anyone know what movie this is?
    A man in a bar bathroom notices a man stuff some paper towel down his pants, giving himself a bit of a bulge. The man takes the idea and runs with it, next you see him walk out of the bathroom with like a 10 foot bulge in his pants, knocking over everything in his path.

Thanks for your help

Advertisement