Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Cock Up

Options
  • 05-03-2009 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,605 ✭✭✭✭

RTE 2 are showing a French Film now and it seems someone forgot to subtitle it .
    Amateurs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Haha! classic RTE. :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,605 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It is a very strange disturbing film about a man and a chimpanzee .
    Alot of male nudity.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Carmen isn't a very good movie anyway. Especially for a movie with a monkey in it. There's lots of nudity in it if that's your thing though, not just of the monkey.

The lovely thing about the lack of subtitles in this case is that the movie (which by the way, is Spanish, not French) uses three languages - Spanish, French and Basque. Not a lot of Irish people understand all three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭RKDus

Haha, how do they always manage things like this? Like the time they put on a movie with loads of swearing and some nudity... at 3pm! They pulled it halfway through.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,605 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

sceptre wrote: »
    Carmen isn't a very good movie anyway. Especially for a movie with a monkey in it. There's lots of nudity in it if that's your thing though, not just of the monkey.

The lovely thing about the lack of subtitles in this case is that the movie (which by the way, is Spanish, not French) uses three languages - Spanish, French and Basque. Not a lot of Irish people understand all three.

This is the Carmen RTE are showing ,its not the one you are thinking of,its a French film.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0874873/
    Crazy stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This is the Carmen RTE are showing ,its not the one you are thinking of,its a French film.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0874873/
    Crazy stuff.
    Ah, thanks for the correction - think I've seen both at some point, hence me getting mixed up with the chimp (I reckon there was a monkey[1] in only one of them, obviously this one:), the other one is the one with all the not necessarily necessary nudity)

[1]Before someone gets on my ass about it, yeah, I know a chimp isn't a monkey, it's not a problem for me until my local library is run by an ape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

They haven't a clue what they are doing

Not the first time they've done this - in January they showed the wrong version of a film entitled Hell.

Massive bunch of utter incompetents

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Are we allowed to say cock on Boards?

RKDus wrote: »
    Haha, how do they always manage things like this? Like the time they put on a movie with loads of swearing and some nudity... at 3pm! They pulled it halfway through.

I've seen this happen myself!!!...a few times they showed movies with nudity and swearing before the watershed. I saw one on RTE 1 and another at Xmas time on RTE 2 where a teenage main character said the F word!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

No; The non exsistant 8 year olds on this site might get offended and cause another site wide ban of some stupid phrase or other 'thing'.

Though if I mentioned that thing, I would probably get banned and my ISP would terminate my contract.

And I would get fired.

And get divorced.

And then die.

• Advertisement

^ my sarcasm detector tells me it's OK to say "cock", thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Trouser_Press

Should that, under the circumstances, not be 'Le Cocque'?

Should that, under the circumstances, not be 'Le Cocque'?

Touche! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

It was advertised on Aertel & the press as the Paz Vega movie.

Eejits. That's the second time this week they've mucked up something I wanted to watch. On Sunday, they had "Life" advertised for stupid o clock in the morning, so I recorded it, and when I went to watch it later on Monday, I found a completely random episode of CSI NY from 3 years ago had been broadcast instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

They showed Veronica Mars in the afternoon and there was a whole lotta date rape/murder/other dark stuff that kids shouldn't see in that, I really don't think anyone in RTE (or in Ireland) watched it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Linku wrote: »
    They showed Veronica Mars in the afternoon and there was a whole lotta date rape/murder/other dark stuff that kids shouldn't see in that, I really don't think anyone in RTE (or in Ireland) watched it...

I don't know. I remember a thread full of people practically masturbating over that programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I don't know. I remember a thread full of people practically masturbating over that programme.

Could have been over the show,more likely over Kristen Bell.She is definatly spank bank material :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Mossy Monk wrote: »

Oh don't get me wrong, it's an incredible programme, one of my favourites. I just doubt anyone watched it on RTÉ One in the afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I couldn't watch it, that poor chimp subjected to all that french. Did that guy wack off the chimp at one point?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

ScumLord wrote: »
    I couldn't watch it, that poor chimp subjected to all that french. Did that guy wack off the chimp at one point?
    Well he did go to bed naked with it at one point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

RTE 2 are showing a French Film now and it seems someone forgot to subtitle it .
    Amateurs.

What ya expect - it is RTE after all!
    Bunch of over paid, over rated amateurs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Lets add this to the list of RTÉ cock ups. :)

Lets see:
    Putting a film in a slot shorter than the running time of the film. Result last 30 mins of film cut.
    They put on a russian film one time with no subtitles.
    They put on a blue movie on a Saturday night. Movie was pulled half way through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Bond-007 wrote: »

Years ago they showed a movie called Cul De Sac on RTE1 at 9 on a Saturday morning.
    Not exactly a kids' movie as it features gangsters, cross dressing, kidnap, and violence - not in a funny way either.
    Typical RTE attitude - just because it's a black and white movie it must be suitable for kids.
    Loads of complaints over the screening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭akaredtop

Is Daft Dave in that monkey movie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

Lets see:
    Putting a film in a slot shorter than the running time of the film. Result last 30 mins of film cut.
    They put on a russian film one time with no subtitles.
    They put on a blue movie on a Saturday night. Movie was pulled half way through.

I remember one time they cut off an episode of CSI Miami three quarters of the way through (last year).
    Putting "The End" at the end of every film (and in some cases, before the end), so we can't see the credits.

Which one was that? ;)

The best bad scheuling I have seen was a TV cable movie screened on RTE 1 in the late afternoon, it starred Jim Beluishi I think. No end of effing and blinding. It got pulled halfway through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

mike65 wrote: »
    Which one was that? ;)

The best bad scheuling I have seen was a TV cable movie screened on RTE 1 in the late afternoon, it starred Jim Beluishi I think. No end of effing and blinding. It got pulled halfway through.

That was "Dead Solid Perfect" with Randy Quaid. I remember because I was associated with a video company at the time, & a newspaper rang to blag a copy for research. It was a 15 cert with foul language and some lengthy nude shots.

Not really 3p.m. Saturday afternoon summertime material.

Ah Cheers, they are easy to mix up in a befuddled memory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

Peut-etre ils pensent que les irlandais sont plus culturés que vous etes ... ne comprendez-vous pas la langue de Dieu?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement