Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guilty Food Pleasurezzz...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

About to have loads of crackers, cheese and hams and other nibbles whilst laying into a few bottles of porter. Tough life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Sounds amazing. What wine would you have it with?

It really is. While I'm a fairly competent chef, the baroness is really something special. The wine I'd choose really depends on what I had in my modest collection at the time. I believe I paired it with a 2008 Côte-Rôtie, Barbarine, Domaine Yves Gangloff last time. Really nice red with great structure and depth.

I can't say I'd fancy your fish and marmalade sandwich. Sounds vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

KFC.

Especially as it seems to be a bane of AH. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I think there was a poster here who posted here about once eating 7 bags of chips after drinking a heap of pints.

Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Beef brisket, a totally underrated cut of beef. I have to order it from the butchers, seems to be no demand for it. I roast it at a low heat, for 5 to 6 hours, and it literally falls apart. It has a stronger taste than normal roast beef, and goes way further. Delicious cold in a roll, or the leftovers can be put into a curry. Lots of ways it can be used.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Nutella and a spoon. I'd only manage about 4 spoonfuls but it soothes my soul.

A four-in-one with crispy chicken.

A Dominos pizza with ham, pineapple and mushrooms smothered in garlic dip.

I used to love a chicken fillet roll when I was hungover but nowadays they just sit in my stomach for the rest of the day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Nutella and a spoon. I'd only manage about 4 spoonfuls but it soothes my soul.

I've eaten whole jars in a sitting :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    A four-in-one with crispy chicken.

Never heard of this before. I'm guessing it's where they bung in four separate dishes into one tray?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I've eaten whole jars in a sitting :/

Oh god I feel sick just thinking about that!
    Remmy wrote: »
    Never heard of this before. I'm guessing it's where they bung in four separate dishes into one tray?

You haven't lived! You get it from the Chinese; fried rice, chips, chicken and curry sauce in a classy styrofoam tray. So bad, so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Jesus Christ I'm starving now. And can't leave the house which has nothing nice in it. And I live in the sticks.

I would be willing to swap sexual favours if someone would deliver a curry chips, onion rings and a tin of pop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Stew, including the shpuds,or anything really in a sangich.
    even go as far to say that anything that i eat, ive eaten in between bread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Jesus Christ I'm starving now. And can't leave the house which has nothing nice in it. And I live in the sticks.

I would be willing to swap sexual favours if someone would deliver a curry chips, onion rings and a tin of pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Albertofrog

White bread sandwich with tuna mayo and rashers.
    The food of the gods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

A massive doner kebab

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭WILL NEVER LOG OFF

my own-recipe Potato Fritatta on bread, covered with proscuttio, feta and mozzarella. Calorie central.

Or home-made carrot cake and heavy cream. Spotted dick and cream. Anything with cream, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Vag

DazMarz wrote: »
    I'm getting myself a big, ignorant, greasy Chinese takeaway tonight.

Haha! I nearly died! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

73Cat wrote: »
    Beef brisket, a totally underrated cut of beef. I have to order it from the butchers, seems to be no demand for it. I roast it at a low heat, for 5 to 6 hours, and it literally falls apart. It has a stronger taste than normal roast beef, and goes way further. Delicious cold in a roll, or the leftovers can be put into a curry. Lots of ways it can be used.
    What kind of size/weight do you order? How much does it cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Small raw potatoes wrapped in mini lettuce leaves with broccoli shavings for garnish. All washed down with ice cubes and artificial plant sweetener. I'm salivating already!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

A bar of Green and Black's Maya Gold or Butterscotch, washed down with an enormous mug of black M&S gold tea

Curry night at Wetherspoons

Peanut butter mini cupcake and an americano from a tiny coffee shop near Primrose Hill

Whole Foods freshly ground peanut butter on a cinnamon and raisin toasted bagel

A good hog roast roll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Bag of salty vinegary chips and a can of icy cold club orange.

Cadburys creme egg that I dip the top of in my tea. Then lick off all the melted chocolate and suck out the filling then eat the rest of the chocolate. That's lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Leilak

curry sauce n rice sandwich yum yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Would have to be the chip sandwich!
    Thick white bread, real butter, salt and vinegar laced chips covered in Heinz ketchup
    ...and a cup of strong tae....drools

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

What kind of size/weight do you order? How much does it cost?

I order 2kg, the butcher rolls and ties it. 3 adults and 1 child in our house, and I get 4 dinners out of it. It costs around €15. Roast in a roaster lined with foil, and well sealed. A lot of juices come off of it, so I just baste it a few times. 160 deg C for 5 hours. If you have ever watched Man v Food, its featured on it a lot, in the diners. It's where I got the idea to ask the butcher could he get it. Amazing, would never go back to ordinary roast beef :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jude13

I'm just talking about homemade guilt food. I make a mean fried rice my OH loves it but she nearly voms when I put mozzarella on mine. Yum

I can't eat bread so I make my burgers with potato waffles as buns, bacon and a runny egg.

I smoked a brisket a few weeks ago, it was amazing.

For take out its gotta be a beef red curry with young chow fried rice and a portion of pad thai (yes thats for one person)

When I am back in Ireland I head straight to borza for a curry chip, taco chip, donner (only eat the contents) and a smoked cod. (again for one person). Dying to get home for christmas to gorge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Fried mushrooms and onions with mashed potato drowned in butter and gravy mixed together so that it's like a big lumpy mess of pleasure on a plate.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Spuds, beans,fried egg and onions mashed up with loads of butter and salt..
    yum

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Campbells meatballs in a toasted roll with melted cheese on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Jambons. I fecking love jambons.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Nuts, especially peanuts.

• Advertisement

Not sure I have too many guilty food pleasures. But I will have to add a second shout for KFC to the thread. We eat terribly healthy in our house. Cook with only fresh things - many of which I cook or farm myself - avoid anything processed as much and as often as possible (I even make my own pasta, mayo and other things people would buy pre-made or in jars and the like).

But there are occasions - perhaps 3 or 4 times a year - where the girlfriends just go primal on a bucket or two of KFC. Normally 2 or 3 times the quantity you would expect them to be capable of eating for their small size and figures - usually resulting in a carnal mess of gooey sticky fingers and the like that is equally erotic and repulsive at the same time :)

For myself I guess my only guilty pleasures are more related to the quantity of eating rather than the type. I made an insane 8 egg omelette recently with all kinds of fillings (Bacon and cheese being most of them) and managed to eat the lot. And these were not small eggs.

There is something guilty pleasure about boiled egg and "soldiers" too that is somehow accentuated by the egg(s) in question being goose eggs which are noticeably much larger than hen eggs. Perhaps such eggs seem as relatively big to me now - as hen eggs did when I was a relatively small 5 year old.

I make my own pizzas too. 5 different kinds of cheese with crusts stuffed with other pleasures including bacon cubes - can certainly be a guilty pleasure too. I also go rather insane on the cheese contents of Mac'n'Cheese when I make it.

Oh and roast potatoes made right in the left over fat of the duck or goose I have eaten the day before.

Advertisement