Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staying in a hotel

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Taking a dump in the cistern to surprise the next guest.

The Upper decker move is usually not viasable due to the hidden cistern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Lalealea

bubblypop wrote: »
    I can bring someone back to my hotel room, and they will never know where I live.......

This the great fear!

Only for boyfriends! I'm not that kind of girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Hotel sex is durrty

Would hate to see your average hotel room under a blacklight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Nah they're usually bolted in place and I always forget me feckin screwdriver!

Ring down to reception they might send up one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

TheZohan wrote: »
    Ah...I've just filled out the breakfast menu...there's no way they'll deliver that amount of food... I'll post pics if they do...

That's my favourite part. Nothing like an oversized breakfast in bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I am writing this from a hotel in Bilbao and without a shadow of a doubt, the best thing about staying in a hotel (outside of Ireland) is the ass washer !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Tzardine wrote: »
    I am writing this from a hotel in Bilbao and without a shadow of a doubt, the best thing about staying in a hotel (outside of Ireland) is the ass washer !!

Bidet jaysus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I love getting to try all the moisturisers and creams and stuff that I would get funny looks at buying at home. A hotel I stay at regularly makes all their own toiletries, one of my favourite things about staying there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

bubblypop wrote: »
    I can bring someone back to my hotel room, and they will never know where I live.......

Hookers don't care where you live

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I've never ordered hotel breakfast in bed or room service
    Often you get the unlimited breakfast buffet anyway so no point limiting yourself staying in bed :p
    Beacon hotel had a massive deep bathtub in the room and proper piping hot water.
    Hotels are great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Setting up the hidden camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

The nicest hotel I ever stayed in had a heated toilet seat (as well as a defogging mirror and piped music in the bathroom). I was as sick as a dog that weekend so a lot if time was spent in that bathroom. I still think fondly about the toilet seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

The nicest hotel I ever stayed in had a heated toilet seat (as well as a defogging mirror and piped music in the bathroom). I was as sick as a dog that weekend so a lot if time was spent in that bathroom. I still think fondly about the toilet seat.

I've images of a fat Scottish man playing the bag pipes beside you.

He had just used the loo, that's the reason the seat was warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I'd be sick too if I had to listen to Georgie Zamfir or whatever you call him every time I went to have a whizz.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Hotel sex is always better than home sex! .

My wife doesn't agree.

Perhaps I should invite her along next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

It's the only time I ever see breakfast television for some reason.

I quite fancy that Louise Minchin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Noooooooo?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Cup of tae at 6am after a good nights drinking, before going to bed and wondering if I'll bother leaving when I should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Hotel poundy poundy. And not having to cook your own breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Travelled for years with work, ended up getting some pretty sweet rooms in hotels, nothing better than finishing work, ringing room service and ask them to bring your food around at a certain time, leaving you time to hit the gym, come back shower, stick some slipper socks on and wait for the grub.

A hotel in Paris upon feedback to stop giving me complimentary bottles of wine as I used to only have handluggage would instead get some fancy macaroons and petit fours (sp?) - which was nice.

Favourite guilty pleasure is a room with twin doubles, one for ... eh ... jumping on. the other for sleeping!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Ah...I've just filled out the breakfast menu...there's no way they'll deliver that amount of food... I'll post pics if they do...

Did you get the breakfast or what? :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

OMG, who would have a fat Scottish man toilet seat warmer and why is he playing the bagpipes?! :confused::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Checking out!
    I stay in hotels all the time for work and fcuking hate it!!

Miserable places to be when travelling alone, much rather be in a hostel to be honest!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Best hotels to stay in are airport hotels at major hubs preferably at the weekend.
    The bar is always packed with cabin crew babes from Emirates, BA, Singapore, Lufthansa, etc who all have their own rooms, a 24 hour layover and the knowledge that they will never see you again after what happens that night.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Room Service is excellent, except for having to put clothes on to take the food delivery, the phone calls 5 minutes after getting the food to see how it is. Then the next call 5 minutes later to see if you are finished, getting kinda covered up afterwards to dump the tray outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

waking up half cut followed by a swim

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The Master wrote: »
    Did you get the breakfast or what? :p

I did, it arrived about 10min ago. They forgot the toast! Pretty average breakfast...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I did, it arrived about 10min ago. They forgot the toast! Pretty average breakfast...

We were promised pics of this huge breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The Master wrote: »
    We were promised pics of this huge breakfast

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=16lh5bn&s=8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

Herself doesn't trust me to sit in the bar and not over indulge while she gets ready for dinner, so I have become quite accustomed to ringing room service and having them bring me up a few beers which I enjoy whilst reclined on top of thebed.

This is frowned upon at home.

Advertisement