Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staying in a hotel

Options
  • 22-10-2014 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭

So what's your favourite part of staying in a hotel?

I'm away with work now and I've put all my drink"s down to a colleagues room, he's a bit of a goodies two shoes so I don't feel bad at all. So what do you like most about staying over in a hotel?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Pulling back the sheets to discover the horrors that lie beneath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Oh just the general luxury and relaxing feel of it, and the way you don't have to worry about cleaning it (I'm not advocating leaving it like a pigsty), washing towels and sheets etc - love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Getting the ride is the best part about nights in a hotel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Heading home with a new kettle, mirror, duvet, towels, toilet seat, bulbs and batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Massive luxurious beds and supersoft pillows and bedclothes.

It's so good.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Heading home with a new kettle, mirror, duvet, towels, toilet seat, bulbs and batteries.

Dont forget the saorview flat screen tele.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Lalealea

Oh the exorbitant prices i cannot afford definitely.

No seriously, enjoy OP I hope you have a great time :-)

free shower gel etc free pillow chocolate
    Getting the ride is the best part about nights in a hotel

But mostly this..in a big bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Oh just the general luxury and relaxing feel of it, and the way you don't have to worry about cleaning it (I'm not advocating leaving it like a pigsty), washing towels and sheets etc - love it!

Ah...I've just filled out the breakfast menu...there's no way they'll deliver that amount of food... I'll post pics if they do...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Dont forget the saorview flat screen tele.

Nah they're usually bolted in place and I always forget me feckin screwdriver!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Nah they're usually bolted in place and I always forget me feckin screwdriver!

Sure a screwdriver is no good for bolts, bring a socket set :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

As I don't have a bathtub in my house (just a power shower), I relish a nice long soak in the tub without the risk of a relative hammering on the door telling me to hurry the **** up. Ahh, the joys of only having one bathroom in a 3 person household...
    Been a while since I was last in a hotel room but my last holiday was on a cruise ship and we had a lovely man who was assigned to look after our needs and whims regardless of time. Want a fancy-pants gourmet sandwich at 3am? No problem!
    He made the beds every night and would regularly delight me by leaving little sculptures made out of towels on the bed- swans, puppies and at one stage, a towel monkey hanging off a hanger!
    It was awesome! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ive stayed in hotels for work related business before and there was something so relaxing about finishing work and heading back by yourself to a nice quite cossy room with a big bed and tv and no one around you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Muphrys Law

Free shower-curtain!

McChubbin wrote: »
    As I don't have a bathtub in my house (just a power shower), I relish a nice long soak in the tub without the risk of a relative hammering on the door telling me to hurry the **** up. Ahh, the joys of only having one bathroom in a 3 person household...
    Been a while since I was last in a hotel room but my last holiday was on a cruise ship and we had a lovely man who was assigned to look after our needs and whims regardless of time. Want a fancy-pants gourmet sandwich at 3am? No problem!
    He made the beds every night and would regularly delight me by leaving little sculptures made out of towels on the bed- swans, puppies and at one stage, a towel monkey hanging off a hanger!
    It was awesome! :D

Oh yeah i almost forgot sex in big bath tub! :-)

Actually my friend told me about this hotel she stayed in in Japan. And they made a swan and a person out of the towels and put it on her bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Someone else makes breakfast, and it's more than cereal and milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

TheZohan wrote: »

I'm away with work now and I've put all my drink"s down to a colleagues room, he's a bit of a goodies two shoes so I don't feel bad at all. So what do you like most about staying over in a hotel?

The charm wears off pretty quickly once you get to the stage where you know pretty much what the menu will be like (chicken, pasta, burger, salmon, steak) in advance, once you realise that almost all hotel rooms have pretty much the same layout.

Lalealea wrote: »
    Oh yeah i almost forgot sex in big bath tub! :-)

We stayed in this deadly hotel in Galway a few months ago, got the bridal suite and it had a jacuzzi big enough for two people. It was amazing!! Four poster bed, chocolates, wine, fluffy robes.

Stayed in the westbury last year just before Christmas. Amazing too. Checkout at 4pm. Plasma in the toilet. Macaroons left in the room. Most comfortable bed ever! After dinner that night we got one of those dudes that has the bike taxi to spin us around, so much fun. I can't wait to go back this year but well wait closer to Christmas so it's all pretty with lights again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Turning the heating up to the last, opening the windows, leaving the lights, TV, radio, and all the taps running all night.

Fuck it, get your money's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

TheZohan wrote: »

Phone reception and tell them you've just found out you have a very early meeting and you'll need a wake up call st 5am, give your friends room number, don that one a few times

We stayed in this deadly hotel in Galway a few months ago, got the bridal suite and it had a jacuzzi big enough for two people. It was amazing!! Four poster bed, chocolates, wine, fluffy robes.

Stayed in the westbury last year just before Christmas. Amazing too. Checkout at 4pm. Plasma in the toilet. Macaroons left in the room. Most comfortable bed ever! After dinner that night we got one of those dudes that has the bike taxi to spin us around, so much fun. I can't wait to go back this year but well wait closer to Christmas so it's all pretty with lights again.

Wow!

Actually I remember once the fan in a hotel room. The window was open. And you could hear people outside.

It's the atmosphere more than anything.

I remember he and I paid for a hotel in town. I can't remember the name.

It probably wasn't high class or anything my half was only 70 for the night. It was definitely the atmosphere and talking all night on the bed. And the other stuff on the bed :-D

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Phone reception and tell them you've just found out you have a very early meeting and you'll need a wake up call st 5am, give your friends room number, don that one a few times

That's awful! :-P

Yeah it's more fun when it's away. Hotel sex is always better than home sex! Just like its better than home baths, home bed, home breakfast.

Just one thing. Forgive me please, but why was there plasma in the toilet?

Lalealea wrote: »
    Just one thing. Forgive me please, but why was there plasma in the toilet?

So you could watch it when you were in the bath I guess, I don't know really!

Duh. I seem incapable of writing coherent sentences, a plasma tv in the bathroom

So you could watch it when you were in the bath I guess, I don't know really!

Duh. I seem incapable of writing coherent sentences, a plasma tv in the bathroom

Oh I get it now. LOL

I thought it was plasma in the toilet .ahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lol

Duh you are coherent ....i'm just silly lol

• Registered Users Posts: 24,925 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ive stayed in hotels for work related business before and there was something so relaxing about finishing work and heading back by yourself to a nice quite cossy room with a big bed and tv and no one around you.

Not forgetting ordering pretty much whatever you want off the menu and not having to pay for or expense it. Also adding a couple of sneaky pints on there.

That aside it usually means if I'm not away with work im on holiday so that whole association is good vibes and more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Make sure you take your complimentary TV at the end of your stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Taking a dump in the cistern to surprise the next guest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭BrokenHero

I like to pretend I'm James Bond. Check for listening devices and stuff.

• Advertisement

I can bring someone back to my hotel room, and they will never know where I live.......

Advertisement