Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Just ordered these from Debenhams. Carvela - 'Glory.'
    I just hope they turn up as I haven't had much luck with Debenhams in the past.

4669900799.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I think/hope that I may have found my graduation dress! It's possibly a bit too fancy but that tends to be my taste in general! :-)
    I'm planning on wearing it for a big wedding next summer too.

Organza Bardot Prom Dress
    €58.65 with the 25% student discount from ASOS

So this looked awful on me when it arrived. I think I was too flat chested for it so the padded part stuck out and seemed to just made me look bigger. Quite the confidence killer!

So after much searching I found this instead for €46.99 in TK Maxx. (Though I'm quite raging to find out that it was going for €16 on ASOS before it sold out!)
    image1xl.jpg

The dress is a bit blue-er than it looks in the picture so I got these which will hopefully match (though it's not looking good when they're compared on here!). €25 on ASOS but are New Look.
    image1xl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Lovely dress ^^
    Would gold/bronze heels not be nicer than blue?

yellow hen wrote: »
    Lovely dress ^^
    Would gold/bronze heels not be nicer than blue?

I don't think so. I'm not a big fan of gold shoes though myself so that's probably it. Though it does look like I'll need a better pair of shoes. I'll see how they look when they arrive. I might look at gold again. Any other colour ideas?

Edit: Now that I'm on my phone I see why the colours looked fine before. The shoes look like a totally different, darker blue when I'm on my phone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

I don't think so. I'm not a big fan of gold shoes though myself so that's probably it. Though it does look like I'll need a better pair of shoes. I'll see how they look when they arrive. I might look at gold again. Any other colour ideas?

You could do a nude shoe? Its a safe option but I think you can't really go wrong with nude!

• Advertisement

So the shoes arrived today. Believe it or not they're almost perfect! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Topshop.com (where else for me? :rolleyes:) for £22.50, including student discount

42B25FTPE_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

Needed a couple of bits for work. Got these 2 in Dunnes, the jacket was €50 and much nicer than the pic

8551134_orange.jpg

Dunnes again €35

3810663_multi.jpg

Dorothy Perkins €35
    05462338_large.jpg

Black trousers from Next €34

748640.jpg

Sorry about the tiny trousers pic

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Just back from a week in Fuerteventura, and was delighted to find a Bershka and a Zara at the top of the road I was staying at!! I bought a couple of things in Bershka.

Got this big cardigan in grey, with fake leather trim. It was an odd thing to be buying in 27 degrees heat, but I loved it & knew I'd get loads of wear out of it here! It was only €35.99 in the store there, but says €39.99 online.

6695376814_1_1_3.jpg?timestamp=1410371813995

I also got a nice pair of skinny jeans (as if I haven't enough pairs!). They were only €19.99 & fit really well.
    5042268401_1_1_3.jpg?timestamp=1410801599330

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Checked out the new TK Maxx in Dundrum today.

Got this Paul Costelloe bag, but in a dark blue/green colour for €90
    http://www.paulcostelloebags.com/?product=the-hadley-7

And TK Maxx is great for a selection of shoes for larger sizes. I got two pairs of Hush Puppies.
    These in a 43, for €55
    http://www.monroeandmain.com/lonna-leather-shootie-by-hush-puppies.pro

These in a 44 - which will enable thick socks if needs be. Cost €70
    http://www.lyst.com/shoes/hush-puppiesr-hush-puppies-rustique-knee-boot-black/

And a nice new pink waterproof jacket too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Shirt from TM Lewin:

I also got a lovely Marco Capelli overcoat in Bests but I can't find a picture of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

Finally found that lovely blue dress Luno got in Topshop a couple of weeks ago :D also picked this dress up in Dotty P's in the sale :) bargain

56374401_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

OMG, miss-p, LOVE!! Where/how much??

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

Dorothy perkins, €13. Comes in navy too and it's the perfect length :) they actually have a similar nonsale one if there's none left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Got this in Oasis in House of Fraser last night. In the sale for €37 and I had a €20 voucher from AGES ago so only cost me €17.

3470123701.jpg

Have a charity dinner thing I am going to wear it to on friday night and got a thin red and gold belt and a red clutch from penny's to dress it up a bit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

$_57.JPG

Bought these for the missus from Buffalo Germany via eBay. They are a little more restrained than I'd normally purchase but they look quite nice. About €93 all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

o5t4ie.png
    Picked up this but in the non petite range. Want it oversized so I can pretend I'm a lumberjack.

Also grabbed these beauties.
    213m1k4.png
    Soooooooo white

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Ordered a couple off things on ASOS from their sale!

this jumper reduced to €22.86!
    image1xl.jpg
    http://www.asos.com//Pussycat-London/Pussycat-London-Jumper-in-Zig-Zag-Design/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4285111

this necklace reduced to €8.57 (apparently from €50!??)
    image1xl.jpg
    http://www.asos.com//People-Tree/People-Tree-Love-Heart-Necklace/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=3501199

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

WWW_4391_426.png
    First purchase from Meermin. 180E inc delivery.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=41388376&cp=1760781.1760810.23600436&ab=ln_men_cs_straight&parentPage=family

Chinos, actually got them in TK Maxx for about 60E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

11tspc7.jpg

Just ordered this during the week. I can barely sleep waiting for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

oooh engagment ring LexieOnRale??

If so congratulations :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Just ordered this during the week. I can barely sleep waiting for it.

Stunning ring....can I ask where you purchased?

Blingy wrote: »
    Stunning ring....can I ask where you purchased?

The OH actually picked it out. It's from a jewellers in Tullamore called Cahill Jewellers. The stone is a morganite stone. I'm not mad about jewellery but I'm in love with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

The OH actually picked it out. It's from a jewellers in Tullamore called Cahill Jewellers. The stone is a morganite stone. I'm not mad about jewellery but I'm in love with it.

He has great taste :)

Tasden wrote: »
    He has great taste :)

Of course he does, just look at his taste in women! :p

River Island have a really good sale on. I got
    1183x92.jpg
    2i7adfl.jpg
    95n68i.jpg
    21kl1kx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Finally got sorted for my graduation on Monday! :)

Got this dress in River Island for €45.

649144_main?$CrossSellProductPage514$

Got these shoes in New Look and I'm absolutely in love with them! They are so neat and classy on, and the dark berry colour will look nice under the academic robes I think. :) €26.99 with my student discount.

321406762D1?$zoomPopup$&hei=259&wid=706

321406762D2?$zoomPopup$&hei=259&wid=706

And I also got this blazer in New Look for €26.99 with the student discount. Going to have to exchange it for a size 8 though, it's a bit big on my shoulders. It's still a lovely cut and length though.

313353401D1?$zoomPopup$&hei=259&wid=706

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Got these shoes in New Look and I'm absolutely in love with them! They are so neat and classy on, and the dark berry colour will look nice under the academic robes I think

I have these and ADORE them. The cut is fab and the colour goes well with so many colours. I'm wearing them with a navy dress on Thursday for my grad.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭TextureLikeSun

Just did a sneaky late night order on newlook.com :D

316716641?$zoomPopup$&hei=414&wid=979

327784705?$zoomPopup$&hei=414&wid=979

326702503?$zoomPopup$&hei=414&wid=979

302920901?$zoomPopup$&hei=414&wid=979

302920924D2?$zoomPopup$&hei=414&wid=979

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Schuh online
    Rocket Dog €12.99
    1370921070ex_main.jpg

Toms, €18.99
    1382171570_main.jpg

Boohoo.com €14, Ordered a 16 and it's a bit big, so I need to use a belt around the waist, but I kept it anyway.
    azz25940_multi_default_xl.jpg

€26
    pzz98905_black_default_xl.jpg

ASOS €28.44
    image1xxl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I ended up returning the New Look blazer as they didn't have the size down in it. I bought this one instead in H&M and I prefer it to be honest. A lot neater on my shoulders and around the middle. €39.99

large]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement