Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Getting jealous looking at all this gorgeous stuff!! I'm moving to Germany next week so am on a tight budget. Only buying practical stuff that I badly need. So.....new runners!!

http://www.mandmdirect.com/ProductImages/_Default/a/s/8/AS866_1_CloudZoom.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Purplecow that black dress with champagne trim is stunning, let me know what it's like on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Moody_mona wrote: »
    Purplecow that black dress with champagne trim is stunning, let me know what it's like on!

It's lovely.

It might have needed a safety pin on the wrap part though or maybe it was just the particular bra I had on but I caught myself fixing it a few times thruoghout the night but I was doing crazy dancing!

Very flattering on considering I have a difficult shape to flatter!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I have that black dress too. I find it quite flattering, but very low-cut. I need a top inside it as I'm quite busty. It's also longer on me than on the model - a bit below my knee, as far as I remember (I'm 5'5).

Yeah I didn't want to put a top inside as I wore it to a wedding. I think a safety pin might have worked. It looked fine before I headed out but I should have jumped abuot in the mirror for a real test!

It's just about knee length or below (can't even remember now!) and I'm 5'3"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

i got this navy polkadot off the shoulder dress from Dorothy Perkins - I did read the review and did get a bigger size as a result but it is very pretty if a bit low cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Yeah I didn't want to put a top inside as I wore it to a wedding. I think a safety pin might have worked. It looked fine before I headed out but I should have jumped abuot in the mirror for a real test!

It's just about knee length or below (can't even remember now!) and I'm 5'3"

Do you have a link for that dress please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Popped into Oasis today and picked up both these skirts for a mere €22!
    I'm hoping to maybe wear the second one to a christening on sunday but not quite sure what to wear with it :/

3440099861_2.jpg

4440040268_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kerryite

I love that dress purplecow1977! Do you know what it would be like on smaller-chested ladies? I'm a size 10ish, but pear shaped.

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Kerryite wrote: »
    I love that dress purplecow1977! Do you know what it would be like on smaller-chested ladies? I'm a size 10ish, but pear shaped.

Thanks!

I'm sure it would still be lovely as the girl in the image doesn't have a huge chest. Once the wrap part is secured properly it would be lovely :-) If you were ordering something else on boohoo.com it would be well worth as it as is free returns anyway (P&P when purchasing is €5)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Dunnes have put up those leather Chelsea boots on their website, that I bought last week. I forgot to say they also have them in an oxblood colour....I found it hard to decide which to go for! I'm wearing them today, and they are comfy enough, although I am not great at heels, and wearing any into work while on my feet most of day is not a good idea! I got some insoles to take the pressure off the balls of my feet! :) The website info says the heel is 3 inches, although it feels a little higher to me, but they are fine! The smell of leather off them is fab! They will last a long time I'm sure :)
    9010128_black.jpg

http://www.dunnesstores.com/leather-chelsea-boot//dunnesstores/fcp-product/9010128?colour=burgundy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

^^ I saw those boots today, they're fab. The oxblood ones are calling my name!

I got this puffa jacket thing for college, €39.95. It's really warm and cosy :)

10117829_BlackIris_002_ProductLarge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Had a 20% coupon and a gift certificate to Modcloth, so I went ahead and bought myself some treats!

10486521_649276513338_3291121773355724749_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭AlabamaWorley

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Dunnes have put up those leather Chelsea boots on their website, that I bought last week. I forgot to say they also have them in an oxblood colour....I found it hard to decide which to go for! I'm wearing them today, and they are comfy enough, although I am not great at heels, and wearing any into work while on my feet most of day is not a good idea! I got some insoles to take the pressure off the balls of my feet! :) The website info says the heel is 3 inches, although it feels a little higher to me, but they are fine! The smell of leather off them is fab! They will last a long time I'm sure :)
    <SNIP>

http://www.dunnesstores.com/leather-chelsea-boot//dunnesstores/fcp-product/9010128?colour=burgundy

Noooo, they don't have my size! Are they selling these instore?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

yes, I got them in the Tralee NCR store last week. I was in there this eve, but I hadn't time to check if they were still there, plus I was wearing mine & purposely didn't walk past the shoe dept in case someone thought I was robbing them Hahaha!!

I'm sure they are in plenty of their stores though. They are really comfy to wear all day, I was worried earlier in the day they would kill me, but I was still in them at 7.30pm & they were fine! I bought some insoles in Pennys which made a huge difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Dunnes have put up those leather Chelsea boots on their website, that I bought last week. I forgot to say they also have them in an oxblood colour....I found it hard to decide which to go for! I'm wearing them today, and they are comfy enough, although I am not great at heels, and wearing any into work while on my feet most of day is not a good idea! I got some insoles to take the pressure off the balls of my feet! :) The website info says the heel is 3 inches, although it feels a little higher to me, but they are fine! The smell of leather off them is fab! They will last a long time I'm sure :

Just bought these in Oxblood. Very naughty as I'm going on holidays next week, but I feel like I've saved money as I had my eye on a very similar pair from Office that were twice the price

Huzzah! wrote: »
    Just bought these in Oxblood. Very naughty as I'm going on holidays next week, but I feel like I've saved money as I had my eye on a very similar pair from Office that were twice the price

I am so tempted by that colour too, another reason why I stayed away from the shoe section in Dunnes this eve!! I also 'borrowed' money from my holiday fund for the boots last week! oops! lol:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

I nearly bought those oxblood boots last week but all the ones there had black marks on them. They are gorgeous though.
    If I spot unmarked ones anywhere though they will be mine! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

If you're in dublin they had loads in both colours in blanchardstown yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

1399033893-35996400.jpg
    1381501820-59735400.jpg
    1381503606-39328500.jpg
    1402931188-47826900.jpg

I got all of these off of krisp.co.uk I really hope they are nice on
    The last dress was only £5

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

Got this in newlook, last one in the shop too :D. I remember wearing these long cardigans like 10 years ago :eek: now that makes me feel old!

309528834D1?$zoomPopup$&hei=642&wid=984

Got this top in H&M

large]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Bought myself these last week. Just got my parcel motel text to say they are waiting for me :) (free UK delivery with a promo code - sweet).

http://www.boohoo.com/leggings/eliza-checked-leggings/invt/azz40252

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

large]

Got this skirt in H&M for about 15 euro with my friends staff discount.Been looking for a nice skirt for a while.
    Planning to wear it with jumpers and tights during the day and bought a white flowy high neck top in New look to go with it for nights out but I cant find it online

Edit: Found the top.
    http://images.newlook.com/is/image/newlook/womens/tops/vests/cream-crepe-high-neck-shell-top-/319006912?$get_the_look_plp3x$

also bought
    303137041?$get_the_look_plp3x$

and a fine knit pink jumper that I can't see on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭lisa_eire

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

@lisa-Eire I really like the new look skirt. Can you let me know the quality, fit etc? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭lisa_eire

i have it in a size 6, its very comfortable. i'm normally a 6 to 8 so i'd say its quite large fitting. Its a tweed like fabric, a winter skirt but not a heavy fabric. It comes to above the knee on me i'm 5ft 6 so not too short. i wore it to work today :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Thanks so much :) Might try get in on sat to see if it's in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Floral trousers from River island - fantastic quality and a really nice fit :)

brownfloralpants.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

All the talk of oxblood boots led me to Asos :o

image4xxl.jpg
    http://www.asos.com//New-Look/New-Look-Elmo-Red-Block-Heel-Chelsea-Boots/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4263242

They were £24.99 if I was to order them directly from the New Look site, with an extra €5.99 for delivery and no student discount. But with free delivery from Asos and the discount, they came to €32.13 instead. Not a massive saving but it assuaged my guilt :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement