Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Oscar goal Chelsea

Yaya pen. Spurs losing to forest

Rivière pen for Newcastle, Brady goal for hull. Mason goal spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Andros nearly busted the crossbar with a fabulous free kick for Spurs, keep an eye on that fella:pac::o

Soldado and Kane for spurs

Dzeko and pozo for city

• Advertisement

2nd for lampard

McCauley and Berahino for WBA

Kaikai goal palace

Drummett goal Newcastle

Chelsea XI: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Filipe Luis; Matic, Fabregas; Schurrle, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa

Man City: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy, Navas, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Silva, Aguero, Dzeko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,700 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Aguero playing tonight, cert to be left out the weekend if Jovetic is any bit fit.

I'd be worried (when I was typing that I was thinking how ridiculous it must sound for a non FPL player) if I was an Azpilicueta owner, Luis is likely to get a run out in the league soon

dahat wrote: »
    Aguero playing tonight, cert to be left out the weekend if Jovetic is any bit fit.

Yeah, worrying for me as I have both Costa and Aguero.

Dónal wrote: »
    Yeah, worrying for me as I have both Costa and Aguero.

Same as me so equally worried here but Dzeko is a good safety net if the worst happens.

Augero pen after 5 mins

Hardly a cert. Its tuesday night and city at home. Lots of time for recovery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Good to see Aguero's still on penalties after Yaya done so well with them last season.

Really need City to hammer these so Aguero can be called ashore early.

I'd be worried (when I was typing that I was thinking how ridiculous it must sound for a non FPL player) if I was an Azpilicueta owner, Luis is likely to get a run out in the league soon

As an azpi owner I'm glad to see Luis starting in europe tonight ahead of azpi

KevIRL wrote: »
    Hardly a cert. Its tuesday night and city at home. Lots of time for recovery

He will be managed better this season IMO and Jovetic is nearly fit,makes sense to take him out this weekend to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Princess13

He will be managed better this season IMO and Jovetic is nearly fit,makes sense to take him out this weekend to me.

To rest him for Argentina's benefit?

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    As an azpi owner I'm glad to see Luis starting in europe tonight ahead of azpi

Might mean your guy will start at the weekend but that is a full strength Chelsea team.

Matic goal fab assist

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

Aguero replaced by Jovetic after 83 mins. Tactical.

Princess13 wrote: »
    To rest him for Argentina's benefit?

For his hamstrings benefit, look maybe I'm wrong but we shall see, doubt it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

For his hamstrings benefit, look maybe I'm wrong but we shall see, doubt it though.

It means that Jovetic is fit again, and will therefore probably get game time against Villa. Given Dzeko came off early he'd have to be favourite to get most minutes. My gut therefore would be that Aguero might only get 60mins max at the weekend. Still enough to score big, but combined with the International break just after it's probably enough to make me wait to get him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    It means that Jovetic is fit again, and will therefore probably get game time against Villa. Given Dzeko came off early he'd have to be favourite to get most minutes. My gut therefore would be that Aguero might only get 60mins max at the weekend. Still enough to score big, but combined with the International break just after it's probably enough to make me wait to get him in.

Plus because of tonight's result cska game which is between gw 8 and 9 is now a must win and you'd imagine Aguero will play that think it's away aswell. I'm going to hold off on him for now but think he will probably start the weekend but can't see him starting in all of the next 3 league games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Plus because of tonight's result cska game which is between gw 8 and 9 is now a must win and you'd imagine Aguero will play that think it's away aswell. I'm going to hold off on him for now but think he will probably start the weekend but can't see him starting in all of the next 3 league games.

Yeah, I wouldn't be panicking if I had him but I think it's good enough reason to hold off getting him for now.

I've no City cover at all though which is a bit of a risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Aguero plays when he's fit, he'll have plenty of time to rest when he eventually gets injured again :pac:

Joking aside I dont think he was rested much last season, maybe once or twice plus I dont see any point in resting him before an international break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah, I wouldn't be panicking if I had him but I think it's good enough reason to hold off getting him for now.

I've no City cover at all though which is a bit of a risk.

Id like to have him myself but just dont think its worth the -4 Id need to get him at the moment. I also have silva which helps.

Advertisement