Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »
    I really can't see why Spain started Costa against Luxembourg. It's ridiculous. Give the sub strikers a run.

They are away from home and lost their last match to Slovakia. If I was the manager I'd be looking to secure the win first before giving run outs for experience

Sucks from an FF point of view though obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I really can't see why Spain started Costa against Luxembourg. It's ridiculous. Give the sub strikers a run.

Spain lost against Slovakia so Del Bosque is under a lot of pressue so can't really blame him for playing his best striker. Besides Luxembourg have getting decent results lately, they even drew with Italy in June!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Silva goal. Costa assist

FHFC wrote: »
    Costa assist

Theres a rarity.

Silva assist for goal no 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Goal and assist for silva any chance of doing it when it matters for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Spain lost against Slovakia so Del Bosque is under a lot of pressue so can't really blame him for playing his best striker. Besides Luxembourg have getting decent results lately, they even drew with Italy in June!

That was in a friendly though. I'd expect Spain to have enough even playing subs to beat the team ranked 96th in the World.

That was in a friendly though. I'd expect Spain to have enough even playing subs to beat the team ranked 96th in the World.

It was a qualifying match Lemlin. Spain have just one win from the first 2 games

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Costa has never scored for Spain I believe. I'm sure that he and his manager would be delighted if he was to bang in a few against any opposition. He was a sub striker until now as I type this i'm not sure if you're post is a gag:o

KevIRL wrote: »
    It was a qualifying match Lemlin. Spain have just one win from the first 2 games

I was referring to Italy drawing with Luxembourg in June.

Costa has never scored for Spain I believe. I'm sure that he and his manager would be delighted if he was to bang in a few against any opposition. He was a sub striker until now as I type this i'm not sure if you're post is a gag:o

He started the qualifier tonight and started first two WC games. He has six appearances for Spain since his first in March. When available and Spain need a result, he starts so not a "sub striker until now".

• Advertisement

Yellow for Costa, he is fond of the auld cards alright :pac:

edit - goal as well. Fond of them too...

3-0 Costa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

He started the qualifier tonight and started first two WC games. He has six appearances for Spain since his first in March. When available and Spain meed a result, he starts so not a "sub striker until now".

Jesus, you're fairly grouchy tonight.:(
    Am I correct in saying that Costa never scored for Spain before tonight? Surely you can see the logic in starting him against weaker opposition, particularly in a competitive match.
    Anyway who could give a shít about Costa, players with that much ownership are a blight on the game.

Costa off on 82.

Jesus, you're fairly grouchy tonight.:(
    Am I correct in saying that Costa never scored for Spain before tonight? Surely you can see the logic in starting him against weaker opposition, particularly in a competitive match.
    Anyway who could give a shít about Costa, players with that much ownership are a blight on the game.

Not grouchy at all, just didn't get your point re him being a sub striker? He wasn't before tonight and isn't tonight.

Anyway, at least he has near a week now to rest and hasn't travelled far. Him declaring for Spain instead of Brazil is a blessing for FF. No regular long haul trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,609 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

goal sigurdsson

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    goal sigurdsson

Never selling him !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Pelle just hit the crossbar against Malta. Very close.

wonski wrote: »
    Pelle just hit the crossbar against Malta. Very close.

Pelle scored:D

Pelle scored:D

I'm still flirting with the idea of bringing him in for wellbeck........

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »

To be fair that goal was far from spectacular;)

Good to see that my player is doing well and I wouldn't mind if he was taken off early (after scoring 1 or 2 more:D).

He has good 2 seasons behind and started another one with goals. I will keep him for few more weeks.

km79 wrote: »

I had been flirting with the opposite move but had decided to give it another week at least.

FHFC wrote: »
    I had been flirting with the opposite move but had decided to give it another week at least.

yeah main issue is saints fixtures stiffen up in 4\5 games so will need to transfer him back out along with whichever of their defenders I bring in so prob will stick with wellbeck

Just realized Siggurdson goal was scored from a penalty spot. Not so tasty now.

Against Netherlands, though, so counts as 2 goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

Just realized Siggurdson goal was scored from a penalty spot. Not so tasty now.

Against Netherlands, though, so counts as 2 goals.

And now he actually has 2 goals

scouttio wrote: »

LOL at myself now...

Good man Siggy. He is a keeper, and it is going to be a tough game for Netherlands. Is RVP playing?

he's there RVP that's about it

scouttio wrote: »

Goalmouth scramble after a corner according to fotmob

dzeko has scored

• Advertisement

Looks like all PL players score goals without being injured.

Perfect:D

Advertisement