Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kate Bush concert

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

I'm thrilled. Got 2 tickets for the 3rd September.

Could only get the circle but i don't mind. It's not too big a venue so I'll still have a pretty good view i'm sure. I'll just be so happy seeing her perform.

Have any of you been at that venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Didn't make it- not really disappointed if I'm honest- I think there's more of a good chance she'd play an Irish gig or two considering her contact with this country through the years- with the cost of tickets, flights and then accommodation, I don't think it would have justified the experience for me.
    Hope those who got tickets enjoy the concert though:)

I would love to see her do a residency at the O2, assuming she extends the tour beyond London. Not sure if it's going to happen, could depend how she feels after the dates already announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    I'm thrilled. Got 2 tickets for the 3rd September.

Could only get the circle but i don't mind. It's not too big a venue so I'll still have a pretty good view i'm sure. I'll just be so happy seeing her perform.

Have any of you been at that venue?
    I've been to plenty of shows there and I've never had any reason to complain regarding seats. I've sat in front row centre to last few rows in the circle and everywhere in between. The standing tickets for a seated show aren't ideal but any decent seated ticket should be well worth the cost. I'm in the circle myself. I'd take a the Apollo over a trip to an arena like the O2 any day of the week. It's recently been renovated too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I've made peace with the fact that I didn't get a ticket but I'm still annoyed with the reseller websites snapping up tickets and denying fans who don't have thousands to spend. Is there no way to take these scabs out of the equation altogether?. Maybe if you register your interest in the ticket(s) and then a lottery is run?. This is from the nme website ,

"Shortly after tickets started appearing online, it was reported that the original buyer's name would be on the tickets, with a photo ID required for entry. According to Viagogo, they "have processes in place to ensure every buyer will get in. These processes are confidential."

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/kate-bush/76398#y1E3ApSRjqAzdYj3.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NoDisguise

Seanachai wrote: »
    I've made peace with the fact that I didn't get a ticket but I'm still annoyed with the reseller websites snapping up tickets and denying fans who don't have thousands to spend. Is there no way to take these scabs out of the equation altogether?. Maybe if you register your interest in the ticket(s) and then a lottery is run?. This is from the nme website ,

"Shortly after tickets started appearing online, it was reported that the original buyer's name would be on the tickets, with a photo ID required for entry. According to Viagogo, they "have processes in place to ensure every buyer will get in. These processes are confidential."

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/kate-bush/76398#y1E3ApSRjqAzdYj3.99

Pretty disgusting that NME are carrying adverts for Viagogo and also that the Eventim can't/won't sue ticket tout sites for breach of contract. It was made very clear prior to tickets going on sale that they could not be sold on, yet these sites were flogging them within an hour, and make a fortune doing so.

I managed to get a circle seat for the final night and wouldn't part with it for any money, but if touts were prevented from selling on these sites, there would be a lot more genuine fans able to buy them at source.

• Advertisement

I was five minutes late getting to a computer on Friday morning so chances were lessened even more but it was a bit sickening to see the tickets on the reseller websites for thousands. Do they not source them directly from Ticketmaster or otherwise as opposed to actually buying them when they become available to the public?. Surely measures can be put in place to stop the leaked tickets?.

There's a poll on Hotpress.com for what it's worth.

www.hotpress.com/Kate-Bush/...Kate-Bush--Touts/11316400.html

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I've been to plenty of shows there and I've never had any reason to complain regarding seats. I've sat in front row centre to last few rows in the circle and everywhere in between. The standing tickets for a seated show aren't ideal but any decent seated ticket should be well worth the cost. I'm in the circle myself. I'd take a the Apollo over a trip to an arena like the O2 any day of the week. It's recently been renovated too.

Is there any chance that the people who got tickets can have some consideration for the poor sods that weren't so lucky. Instead of coming back on here and writing about the amazing near spiritual experiences they had can they just lie and say it was an average greatest hits kind of thing. I'm bracing myself for the feedback I'll get from friends and having to grit my teeth and pretend to be happy for them:o.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Why can't she just do a tour for frick sake

At least a UK & Ireland tour and with the reseller leaks plugged. You register your interest in a ticket and then you're entered in to a lottery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Seanachai wrote: »
    There's a poll on Hotpress.com for what it's worth.

www.hotpress.com/Kate-Bush/...Kate-Bush--Touts/11316400.html

your link is not working, here it is
    http://www.hotpress.com/news/The-Burning-Question--Kate-Bush---Touts/11316400.html
    With Kate Bush's twenty-two night stint in London's Hammersmith Apollo selling out in under fifteen minutes, it opened the door for touts and the opportunistic to make a packet, with tickets selling for as much as £1,475.
    I would question if that is tickets have sold or are attempting to sell for £1475. Even if there is a completed auction it could be a journalist buying his own ticket to get a story.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/29/kate-bush-tickets-yours-for-a-mere-1475-on-resale-sites-4682587/
    ‘Just because a ticket is listed at a certain price doesn’t mean it will sell for that much,’ the spokesperson said. ‘There are unique events like this where demand and prices are very high.

‘For example, when Andy Murray became the first British man to win Wimbledon in 76 years in 2013, tickets for the final were listed for £80,000 for a pair but the highest anyone paid was £7,500.’

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Was watching the BBC special on Kate Bush last night and realised I didn't really like anything she's done since The Sensual World. I'll keep thinking of that cringeworthy Rocket Man too everytime I think I didn't get a ticket... :-)

Blasphemy! Although I'm not the biggest fan of anything prior to The Dreaming.

So the shows are starting tonight and I have to wait 4 weeks for my chance. Got this crazy feeling of excitement mixed with fear at the possibility that she won't have the stamina to do all dates.

Not sure if I'll be able to or if I even want to avoid all reviews. All I know so far the stage times apparently are:
    KATE ONSTAGE 7.45PM

INTERVAL 9.15PM ( APRROX)

THE INTERVAL LASTS TWENTY MINUTES

SHOW ENDS 10.55 (APPROX)

Which means I'm very hopeful of seeing her play both a sky of honey and the ninth wave in their entirety.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭8mv

Blasphemy! Although I'm not the biggest fan of anything prior to The Dreaming.

So the shows are starting tonight and I have to wait 4 weeks for my chance. Got this crazy feeling of excitement mixed with fear at the possibility that she won't have the stamina to do all dates.

Not sure if I'll be able to or if I even want to avoid all reviews. All I know so far the stage times apparently are:
    KATE ONSTAGE 7.45PM

INTERVAL 9.15PM ( APRROX)

THE INTERVAL LASTS TWENTY MINUTES

SHOW ENDS 10.55 (APPROX)

Which means I'm very hopeful of seeing her play both a sky of honey and the ninth wave in their entirety.

I'll spoiler this for you, S.M.B.
    Hasn't she made a 20min video to run during the performance of The Ninth Wave?

Who am I kidding. I can't stop reading spoilers.

I see no mention of the above though but I'd be very surprised if it wasn't the case.

EDIT: Just read about it there, delighted!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Was watching the BBC special on Kate Bush last night and realised I didn't really like anything she's done since The Sensual World.

Have to agree there. Didn't get a ticket. Dying to know how concerts go...to all attending, enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Can't wait to hear the reports after tonight. Not the reviews, I'm sure it'll be nothing short of amazing.. just dying to see what the setlist is gona be. Not a hope I'll be able to go til next weekend without peeking

Hope everyone going tonight enjoys this historic comeback. No doubt Mrs Bush will be sublime, I only hope her love for Ireland and response from these shows will award her a gig on our shores.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

karaokeman wrote: »
    Hope everyone going tonight enjoys this historic comeback. No doubt Mrs Bush will be sublime, I only hope her love for Ireland and response from these shows will award her a gig on our shores.

Didn't know George W's wife was on tour.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Didn't know George W's wife was on tour.

Oh but of course, its all part of a conspiracy to get Obama sacked and she just happens to be campaigning on the same night as Kate's first date.

• Advertisement

So much for avoiding spoilers. BBC had the opening track as breaking news on their site.

I'm now following the guardians live blog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I have 2 standing tickets for Saturday for sale if anyone wants them. I am not going though so you'd have to take the risk of getting in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

So much for avoiding spoilers. BBC had the opening track as breaking news on their site.

I'm now following the guardians live blog.

Thanks for the tip
    -link below (spoiler alert obviously)
    http://www.theguardian.com/music/live/2014/aug/26/kate-bush-first-before-the-dawn-gig-live-blog

I have 2 standing tickets for Saturday for sale if anyone wants them. I am not going though so you'd have to take the risk of getting in.

Plenty of people over on her FB page would be willing to take that risk I'd bet

Setlist from tonight
    :eek:
    Lily
    Hounds of Love
    Running Up That Hill
    King of the Mountain
    Cloudbusting
    Sat in Your Lap
    Oh England My Lionheart
    A Coral Room
    The Red Shoes
    The Ninth Wave
    And Dream of Sheep
    Under Ice
    Waking the Witch
    Jig of Life
    Hello Earth
    The Morning Fog
    The Sensual World
    Love and Anger
    This Woman's Work
    Lake Tahoe
    Misty
    Wildman
    Babooshka
    Army Dreamers
    The Man with the Child in His Eyes

Setlist from tonight
    [/SPOILER]

A great list but is there one missing?:confused:

A great list but is there one missing?:confused:
    If you mean Wuthering Heights I wasn't expecting it to be played anyway. I'm surprised she even did the one song off The Kick Inside. She's openly not too fond of a lot of her earlier work.

In her Director's cut album from 2011 she lowered the key in a load of the tracks to be more suited to her current voice, and Wuthering Heights is pretty much renowned for it's pitch. I don't think it would have translated as well down to a lower key. Well actually that's bóllóx, I'm sure it would still have sounded fantastic but I knew she wouldn't do it. Delighted she's doing Man With The Child In His Eyes though

OILER]

It's what I was thinking myself alright.

Setlist from tonight
    Lily
    Hounds of Love
    Running Up That Hill
    King of the Mountain
    Cloudbusting
    Sat in Your Lap
    Oh England My Lionheart
    A Coral Room
    The Red Shoes
    The Ninth Wave
    And Dream of Sheep
    Under Ice
    Waking the Witch
    Jig of Life
    Hello Earth
    The Morning Fog
    The Sensual World
    Love and Anger
    This Woman's Work
    Lake Tahoe
    Misty
    Wildman
    Babooshka
    Army Dreamers
    The Man with the Child in His Eyes
    Source?

I'm hearing it's the following which sounds a lot more realistic
    Lily, Hounds of Love, Running Up That Hill, Joanni, Ninth Wave suite, Sky of Honey suite, and Among Angels and Cloudbusting as encores.

• Advertisement

I'm glad it went well anyway, maybe they'll show the film recording in the cinemas.

Advertisement