Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kate Bush concert

Options
  • 21-03-2014 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

The unbelievable has happened and Kate Bush is going to play 15 nights at the London Apollo in August and September. What are the chances she might play here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

It's not impossible, but I think it's interesting that she's doing so many shows in one (small) venue, which takes a lot of the trappings of "touring" out of the equation. It's just a residency. Demand for this will be huge.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Oh my God. I would literally kill for a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

tickets onsale in a week. I'm gona be panicking like a lunatic now for the next 7 days over whether I'll be able to get a ticket, but this is incredible news. So unexpected..

Tickets are limited to four per booking and photo ID will be required to be presented on the night by the person whose name the tickets were booked under.
    No eBay killings to be made here, unless the vendor arranges to meet you at the venue on the night.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

What is the capacity of the venue? How many tickets in total would that be?
    She should just keep playing there until they stop selling... :) (might be the only chance I have of getting one!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I thought it was a windup when I heard that announcement.

Great news, I suspect the tickets will go in a flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Am already arranging somewhere to stay in London for whatever night I manage to get tickets.
    I feel as giddy as a Garth Brooks fan on the eve of a Croke Park gig.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    What is the capacity of the venue? How many tickets in total would that be?

The Apollo is about 3,500 capacity for a fully seated show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

The Apollo is about 3,500 capacity for a fully seated show.

I feel there is very little chance of getting tickets so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭bullpost

Will they go out through Ticketmaster?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

bullpost wrote: »
    Will they go out through Ticketmaster?

Read her website it tells you which vendors are being used. TM is on the list.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I did a double take when I seen this on the Beeb:eek: Would love a ticket for one of the shows!!

Just got an email with a presale code :D
    Can only be used once though so cant share it unfortunately. You're only eligible for the presale if you're signed up to the mailing list before 1st of March 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Was only talking to my wife the other day about Kate Bush, saying that i'd love to see her live but she doesn't tour anymore!!

And i hate this name Evenim Apollo, It's the HAMMERSMITH ODEON FFS, the place is legendary and they change it to a poxy name

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Christ, just goes to show as you get older less can surprise you.

Have to get myself a ticket before her next 35-year hiatus.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

This thread brings me back to my student days and the use of toilet graffitti..

... and in this case .

".... 1 in Kate Bush is worth 10 in the hand.."

still makes me smile after all these years!!!

PS...no offence made here !

Tickets priced from £49 to £135

Been to the Hammersmith Odeon a few times, presuming the cheaper (??) seats will be in the circle at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

the rules are very strict on her site regarding the tickets
    only 4 allowed per person, 4 for 1 gig, 2 for 2 gigs etc
    the ticket buyer has to be attending the concert, i.d. required
    and speculation that the tickets were bought thru touts, you wont be allowed in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Will you be able to attempt to buy tickets for this on ticketmaster.ie?

Will you be able to attempt to buy tickets for this on ticketmaster.ie?

No, co.uk only, and then they're only one of the sellers, so maybe they'll only have access to 25% (guess) of total tickets

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

NO MORE ASKING FOR PRESALE CODES.

It's getting boring for anyone that wants to contribute to the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

OldGoat wrote: »
    Am already arranging somewhere to stay in London for whatever night I manage to get tickets.
    I feel as giddy as a Garth Brooks fan on the eve of a Croke Park gig.

You seem pretty confident there OldGoat using the old American Express card?.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Just an optimist. :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

OldGoat wrote: »
    Just an optimist. :cool:

Best of luck anyway , I'm torn between trying it online or going to a ticketmaster outlet in town ( Dub ). It's not the end of the world if I don't get one , they might record a show for DVD release. I could see there being a pretty big production with dancers , set pieces , projections etc.

Just got my tickets for the 10th row on Friday 5th of September. So flippin happy.
    I actually had nightmares last night about not getting tickets, lol.
    AGHHHHHHH! Can't believe it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭corm500

Just got my tickets for the 10th row on Friday 5th of September. So flippin happy.

Green with envy right now

Nice one

Out of interest, how much were these?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

I'm going opening and second night :-)
    My tickets were £135 each plus booking fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

i could get past the not on sale screen, got to a for sale but didn't even get to the fan drop down screen, this was at 9:30...they went very quick

• Advertisement

atgate wrote: »
    I'm going opening and second night :-)
    My tickets were £135 each plus booking fee.

Wow, I wish I had gone for the opening night but I was afraid it'd be the first to sell out so I opted for the 5th of September thinking everyone would be going for the first few. Huge relief anyway that I got tickets. Would love to go multiple nights but I was getting tickets for another 2 people as part of my allocation of 4 :/

Here's my fantastically illustrated map to our seats I just sent my group, lol 1960932_10152373630266584_195833825_o.jpg

Advertisement