Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[CoD Ghosts] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

New DLC maps out today on Xbox, including a remake of MW2's Favela. Have not played in a while so might jump on tonight.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/465751/call-of-duty-ghosts-invasion-dlc-released/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

New music and a gold knife, sweet

Gold knife is super fast
    Went on a crazy rampage, all the speed perks and gold knife only, great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

going to head home and try the gold PDW as well

heroics wrote: »
    going to head home and try the gold PDW as well

Prestige ten ??
    This is the longest it's taken me to get to prestige master on cod, update was over 2 gb again

• Advertisement

Prestige ten ??
    This is the longest it's taken me to get to prestige master on cod, update was over 2 gb again

Yep took forever at least its a bit of an extra for putting in the time to get there. Although once they unlocked all the operations it helped. I'm only on 360 so update shouldnt be as big.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

over 2gb for some gold knife, gold pdw and music?
    wow waste of space

DLC was 1.3gb and patch was 180mb on 360. Played a couple of games of kill confirmed/blitz with just the gold knife and PDW. Had a bit of craic.

dlc is always double on xbox one, a pain as i dont want most of it, i mean who want a space suit, new game type is a bit of fun reinforce ive only just seen it, loads of xp

The gold knife is great fun, went on a 15 streak with it, some laugh out loud moments and rage quits galore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

is the gold knife only on xbox so far?

what prestige do you need in order to unlock it? im on 8th afaik

MarkY91 wrote: »
    is the gold knife only on xbox so far?

what prestige do you need in order to unlock it? im on 8th afaik

Gold knife and pdw is a patch available on all systems apart from ps4
    Prestige 5 for the knife
    Prestige 10 for the gun

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Gold knife and pdw is a patch available on all systems apart from ps4
    Prestige 5 for the knife
    Prestige 10 for the gun

it will never be on ps4 or just a month behind as usual?

MarkY91 wrote: »
    it will never be on ps4 or just a month behind as usual?

It is just a bit behind the rest as usual http://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Latest-Updates-for-Call-of-Duty-Ghosts-on-PlayStation-4

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

while the Invasion maps are ok, the new Extinction map is terrible ****e, looks like they put zero effort into it, the previous 3 are all good multiplayer fun, this one is boring, easy (finished it on 4th go with some randomers), no end of level boss, one of the sections is just blank walls with a tech device in the middle, would do better myself with a minecraft mod.

i paid for dlc four and its not in the rotation and i cant select it in private match
    help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

i paid for dlc four and its not in the rotation and i cant select it in private match
    help

No idea. Did you try deleting the update and downloading again? Maybe fire off an email or get on go MS support

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    No idea. Did you try deleting the update and downloading again? Maybe fire off an email or get on go MS support

delete the map pack ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

delete the map pack ?

That would be my thinking, don't do it unless you're sure you can download it again though!!! I've never had the problem so I'm only guessing. Maybe just get on to MS support first

i was thinking about doing this just wondered if anyone else had that problem
    worth a shot i guess

• Advertisement

well i deleted the map pack and installed it again, still no joy so i did a hard re boot on the xbox and hey presto
    all good
    just hit prestige ten now and there are no more to do wtf
    thought they normally add another ten to keep the xp relevant
    slowest prestige master to date for me, hope the next one is better

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

well i deleted the map pack and installed it again, still no joy so i did a hard re boot on the xbox and hey presto
    all good
    just hit prestige ten now and there are no more to do wtf
    thought they normally add another ten to keep the xp relevant
    slowest prestige master to date for me, hope the next one is better

Would you really want another 10. Prestiges? It was hard enough getting to 10 on this one, even if they did add more I wouldn't bother.
    Also was trying to get a game of HC Kill Confirmed this morning as it's a double xp weekend and there was only 9200 online worldwide! Surely this should tell activision all they need to know about how little interest there is in these future based cods!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Would you really want another 10. Prestiges? It was hard enough getting to 10 on this one, even if they did add more I wouldn't bother.
    Also was trying to get a game of HC Kill Confirmed this morning as it's a double xp weekend and there was only 9200 online worldwide! Surely this should tell activision all they need to know about how little interest there is in these future based cods!

It's not the future setting that's the problem. It's the fact that it's a terrible game that completely alienated a lot of the fans with it's horrible maps , boring kill streaks and grungy art style.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Hate the game honestly but my housemate loves it. Strange haha.

He even commented on the amount of people online though. 74k the other night compared to 167k on blops 2 at the same time. Madness.

Those numbers might be show split between the 360 and xbox one though.

Still pretty telling though :(

Hate the game honestly but my housemate loves it. Strange haha.

He even commented on the amount of people online though. 74k the other night compared to 167k on blops 2 at the same time. Madness.

Those numbers might be show split between the 360 and xbox one though.

Still pretty telling though :(
    74 k wow I'm only get 25-30 k playing with Australians and yanks most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

74 k wow I'm only get 25-30 k playing with Australians and yanks most of the time

This was Friday night though :O lol

This was Friday night though :O lol

I was on it Saturday night
    Couldn't get a decent lobby
    Connecting with yanks ect it's impossible to have a good connection

I was on it Saturday night
    Couldn't get a decent lobby
    Connecting with yanks ect it's impossible to have a good connection

I have been having this for the last couple of days. nearly impossible to get into a game with a good connection. Had to turn xbox off last night in case I put controller through TV.

My connection in the house is good since I got line upgraded. Have the xbox wired directly to router etc. Doing speedtests and line quality tests (pings) I am getting ping between 9-11ms and 90-94mb down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Its because all the kids are back in school :P

• Advertisement

heroics wrote: »
    I have been having this for the last couple of days. nearly impossible to get into a game with a good connection. Had to turn xbox off last night in case I put controller through TV.

My connection in the house is good since I got line upgraded. Have the xbox wired directly to router etc. Doing speedtests and line quality tests (pings) I am getting ping between 9-11ms and 90-94mb down.
    what is you're latency on xbxox server
    my ping is low too now i'm on fibre and the gaming was a1 at first but last couple of weeks is a disaster, less people playing ghost i think

my latency is 157, from what ive found out even if we have a low ping the servers are in usa, so until we get dedicated servers we are screwed
    fingers crossed there is are more people on advanced warfare

Advertisement