Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Yup but seems to be fine now

Not for me. Haven't been able to sign into PSN all day.

Apparently they and a few other services are under dDos attack

http://www.shacknews.com/article/85951/blizzard-playstation-network-and-more-under-wide-ddos-attack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Not for me. Haven't been able to sign into PSN all day.

Apparently they and a few other services are under dDos attack

http://www.shacknews.com/article/85951/blizzard-playstation-network-and-more-under-wide-ddos-attack

Same here. Had a few connection issues last night and haven't been able to sign in all day.

Fecking double cash on those flying missions too, typical!!

On another note managed to find a Bravado Duneloader in Sandy Shores. I've two of them now! Cool glitch where players can stand on the flatbed and not fall off when the truck is moving :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Anything interesting in the special event crates?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Anything interesting in the special event crates?

Just the usual it seems, i got a couple thousand RP and Cash and the odd Mini Gun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Just the usual it seems, i got a couple thousand RP and Cash and the odd Mini Gun

I got the same and a crappy t-shirt.

• Advertisement

I'll never get a beer hat :(

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭C.M_jc

Looks like it's down again. Just signed me out and I'm getting an error warning when I try to sign back in.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

C.M_jc wrote: »
    Looks like it's down again. Just signed me out and I'm getting an error warning when I try to sign back in.

Same here, got signed out & having problems getting back in

Edit: just able to sign back in now @5:13pm

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Rgb.ie

Does the new plane spawn in multiplayer mode? Am on level 50 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

PSN down again? Sorry Proco, I left right after that survival to watch the match so never sent an invite. Can't sign in now :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Mine has been working fine this morning and for the last hour or so, wasn't using it in between though (PS3).

Touch wood!

TacoMan wrote: »
    PSN down again? Sorry Proco, I left right after that survival to watch the match so never sent an invite. Can't sign in now :mad:

PSN was getting DDoS attacked on and off today.

Is it back on yet?

Rgb.ie wrote: »
    Does the new plane spawn in multiplayer mode? Am on level 50 ..

I don't think so, no dlc vehicles appear in the game unless you own them AFAIK.
    Proco Jr. wrote: »
    PSN was getting DDoS attacked on and off today.

Is it back on yet?

Yep. I was able to sign in earlier anyway.
    Actually no, just tried again and I'm getting that 807... error.
    Tried again and got on at 8.25.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

It seems to be back now, will load up GTA and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Has the event finished already? Just managed to get online and there's no option for it on the loading screen

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Same here, got signed out & having problems getting back in

Edit: just able to sign back in now @5:13pm

What was Ivan saying in those messages? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Having problems with disconnection all night, even with mw3 and Netflix.don't think its my internet either

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

Yeah, awful connection tonight. Can barely get online. Got an invite from Proco and it just timed out.

Jaggy wrote: »
    Yeah, awful connection tonight. Can barely get online. Got an invite from Proco and it just timed out.

I got server full every time I tried to connect with dusty.
    Seems to be sorted so anyone online on 360?

What was Ivan saying in those messages? :pac:

I was chasing him around the map earlier for maybe 5 minutes, he was in his Adder & me in Turismo R. Just chasing, no shooting or sticky-bombs, just an innocent hassling =] I follow him up to the golf club where he jumps into one of the import/export cars for Simeon & takes off towards LSC with the cops chasing him. The car is the Hummer type thing so I catch him easily, lob a sticky-bomb on the back and leave him to disappear into the distance. He was just about to get the car resprayed when I set off the bomb. He wasn't amused.

I park up on top of the building overlooking LSC, he respawns, calls for his Adder, and is hovering nearby when he goes off radar. I put the foot down & started driving towards the racecourse. When he pops back up on the map he's chasing me now. Fair enough, I'll play - but he's useless in the car. Can't drive a block without crashing, can't take a corner without knocking chunks out of the scenery & he's slow as hell. I have to basically park up every few minutes to let him catch up. He eventually gets tired of chasing my shadows & I see him head off towards the heliport on the mini-map, so I wait for him to take off, go off radar myself, drive to the heliport & cover his parked Adder with sticky-bombs. Then it's quickly to the carpark under one of the skyscrapers before I'm back visable.

He's not much better in the chopper. I dart from tunnel to carpark etc around the city teasing him while he tries to shoot missiles under bridges & around corners. After about 15 minutes (seriously) avoiding his chopper I send him a message "Kaboom" & blow the stickys on his car. Again, he fails to see the humour.
    At this stage I'm parked in the car-park near the movie studio, he crashes the chopper trying to get it into the carpark & kills himself. He starts sending me messages calling me a coward for running away from him, although I'm about 85% sure if I was parked stationary in the middle of the airport runway with flashing lights on the roof of my car he'd still have failed to hit me with a missile from the chopper. He gets his Adder back from insurance and drives up to the 3rd floor of the carpark where I am. I was writing a reply & didn't see him coming til the last minute but he took too long deciding what to do & I drove off down the ramp into the carpark. I threw a couple of stickys behind me & sure enough he followed right behind - kaboom take 2.

Right about here you joined the session. I'd been chasing him & been chased for about 20-25 minutes at this stage - I wasn't going mad or anything - killed him twice, blown his car twice & I think he killed himself once when he crashed the chopper. He started getting into it with you then too, but you were destroying him. Constant messages, just trying to rile me up I guess. The whole time we were in that session with him he was sending me messages, so that was another 5-10 minutes at least. All I said back was that he wasn't good enough to catch me, which was true. He got me a few times after my car mysteriously exploded (!) and then went into passive mode, walked up to me & started taking photos with his phone! We left the session soon after that.

• Advertisement

... my car mysteriously exploded (!)

Must have been a hacker. :o

When I joined I did see him go up the car park after you. At this stage I wasn't sure whether ye were friends - I'm looking through my sniper, see you going down the ramp, few seconds later Ivan follows and boom. All goes to plan for the next few minutes until I used all my stickies on him and resort to throwing grenades in his direction. Accidentally throw one in front of our path ... <sorry!>

You respawned in front of him so I made it easy for him. About 30 seconds later everyone - bar one - in the session "left" which gave me a chance to go to Ammunation. Eventually managed to get back with you. We were waiting in that spot above LSC with the ramp 'stickied', but I think Ivan had enough.

I regretted suggesting joining those races afterwards as it wouldn't connect at all and I couldn't get back with you either.

djflawless wrote: »
    I got server full every time I tried to connect with dusty.
    Seems to be sorted so anyone online on 360?

Got a bollix hacker last night after i got dumped from the playlist. Killed me 3 times, i respawned just as he was driving towards me, unloaded a clip of the AA12 at him and nothing. Hopped off his bike and i put another clip in him as he was flippin me the bird. Got kicked from the session then, and when i managed to get back on, the console froze:mad::mad::mad:

I regretted suggesting joining those races afterwards as it wouldn't connect at all and I couldn't get back with you either.

Same here. I got into the playlist with Phobos & someone but when the race started I was racing alone. I finished the race & quit. Ended up in a session with Phobos & another Boardsie but my phone wouldn't work so I was kinda stuck in free roam. I think my game froze not long after & I called it quits for the night.

Same here. I got into the playlist with Phobos & someone but when the race started I was racing alone. I finished the race & quit. Ended up in a session with Phobos & another Boardsie but my phone wouldn't work so I was kinda stuck in free roam. I think my game froze not long after & I called it quits for the night.

Every time I accepted one of Phobos' invites I got those "player is no longer in session" or "failed to connect to game" (something like that) messages and I was put in different lobbies. I tried accepting another one, but this time time it said player is active and I could spectate. Thinking I could join after the race, I did but all I ended up with was some view of the airport. I left soon after as well.

Although the new dlc is brilliant
    I've taken a dislike after all the disconnection issues and console freezes :/

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

Something definetly up with the PSN today.

Every time I accepted one of Phobos' invites I got those "player is no longer in session" or "failed to connect to game" (something like that) messages and I was put in different lobbies. I tried accepting another one, but this time time it said player is active and I could spectate. Thinking I could join after the race, I did but all I ended up with was some view of the airport. I left soon after as well.

Usually when you get them messages the person is in the middle of a race or mission.
    If you have them added as a friend on psn, it'll show them on the friend list as GTA ONLINE MISSION or GTA ONLINE RACE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

djflawless wrote: »
    Although the new dlc is brilliant
    I've taken a dislike after all the disconnection issues and console freezes :/
    I've been lucky to avoid the freezes by and large (a few 5 second freezes here and there though), but I think the PSN issues are to do with ddos attacks on Playstation (why, I have no idea... pissed off God moders? :p). Avoided it yesterday but I can't get online now either.

Was briefly online earlier and the double pay/rp stuff for flights, parachuting, etc was still there for anyone annoyed over missing out, looks like Rockstar have extended it a bit to make up for the service issues the last 24 hours.

Watching this video and I think this capture looks cool.

Set video to 4 minutes 18 seconds

PS3 link : http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/48UZ0q3Kq0G8SwJNuDI91Q?platformId=2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Proco Jr. wrote: »

Are the people in the planes real players?
    Do they just appear mid air after each crash to try again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement