Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Billy86 wrote: »
    Actually my point was that a lot of games charge for updates, and Rockstar don't. And nobody could have made flight school, if that had not been included in the update then maybe you would have a point.

And if you are so eager to buy the planes etc that came with this free updated that didn't cost you a penny, they have also increased the payout for the existing missions considerably, including the quick and easy ones for Simeon, Gerald etc from the start of the online game. You can easily rack up 100-200k in an hour now because of this.

So Flight School, yay, fair play to them there.

Sorry but I play games for fun, I don't grind out the same missions over and over again so I can afford a new car or plane to keep up with everybody else.

BTW, I don't know of any game that charges for updates, plenty charge for DLC but that usually has new content and it's often free in other games where there are in-game purchases. Rockstar are not doing anything groundbreaking here.

The game has been designed to bleed you of your dollars from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

Game froze on me mid mission :( First time in a long time that's happened. Have acquired the High Flyer and Irish flag parachute bags though :) That new Coquette isn't a half bad car.. Took it for a spin in the race Under The Wing. Considering purchasing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭C.M_jc

IanMc666 wrote: »
    Game froze on me mid mission :( First time in a long time that's happened. Have acquired the High Flyer and Irish flag parachute bags though :) That new Coquette isn't a half bad car.. Took it for a spin in the race Under The Wing. Considering purchasing it.

I'm having a lot of trouble tonight! About four connection errors and one freeze. Also, twice the Lazer I was using just blew up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

C.M_jc wrote: »
    I'm having a lot of trouble tonight! About four connection errors and one freeze. Also, twice the Lazer I was using just blew up.

If it just blew up without anyone near it could be a hacker.

C.M_jc wrote: »

And on that note, I'm gonna return to single player to continue working on my 70 gold medals. Watching the Rockstar live stream right now will have to do for now :P Might try get back on later. Really enjoying it when I get on though, some buzz on that playlist.

• Advertisement

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    If it just blew up without anyone near it could be a hacker.

If it was they were probably saving me from embarrassment anyway. No wall/pole/tree/mountain/road/bridge is safe when I'm flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

sorry i didnt join ye flying tonight lads, im just sh!t at it unless its a buzzard so not much point. good laugh sniping from the roof of the plaza by LSC, loving the teleport thing :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

This one is new for me. Playing in a session when all mission markers/players etc disappear. There are still people in this session says the pause menu but I can't find anyone. I can't access the phone either.
    End up in a shoot out with the cops near LSC, I can choose weapons but no health bar showing up. When the cops finally kill me I just collapse onto the ground and stay there. I've been lying in a pool of blood 'dead' now for the last 5 minutes or so. I can still hear the traffic moving around & every now & then a NPC or a cop walks past me. :pac:

I think it's time for Netflix.

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    This one is new for me. Playing in a session when all mission markers/players etc disappear. There are still people in this session says the pause menu but I can't find anyone. I can't access the phone either.
    End up in a shoot out with the cops near LSC, I can choose weapons but no health bar showing up. When the cops finally kill me I just collapse onto the ground and stay there. I've been lying in a pool of blood 'dead' now for the last 5 minutes or so. I can still hear the traffic moving around & every now & then a NPC or a cop walks past me. :pac:

I think it's time for Netflix.

ya, you were in the same session as me. the screen flashed and said people left. thought it was my connection but the guy i was sniping against was still there. i seen him roll out from behind cover and take aim at me. i got the kill shot but his name wasnt above him. the race/deathmatch/parachute/mission makers were all missing from the map. weird stuff, i left

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PlanIT Computing

Ah a sticky suicide ;) that was fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭dasdog

Break out the Breaks [2300 RP]. About 4 minutes but its interesting in the sense that you want to beat your last lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Only just read about the "rape" mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNmGSXLOh1o

apparently it's been all over the news recently. Here;'s the obligatory daily mail link
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2723912/Grand-Theft-Auto-lets-players-rape-Tool-allows-gamer-trolls-simulate-having-sex-opponents.html

I haven't seen it yet, but really I've hardly seen any modding at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Grayson wrote: »
    Only just read about the "rape" mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNmGSXLOh1o

apparently it's been all over the news recently. Here;'s the obligatory daily mail link
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2723912/Grand-Theft-Auto-lets-players-rape-Tool-allows-gamer-trolls-simulate-having-sex-opponents.html

I haven't seen it yet, but really I've hardly seen any modding at all.
    To my mind that is a big reason why heists, etc have not come out yet. There was another glitch that caused people to throw all their money (not sure if just cash) or money in their banks too) in the air and not be able to pick it up themselves. Those two things, especially the rape glitch, obviously are the type to put literally everything else on the back burner while getting rid of them. From a PR perspective and a game that courts a lot of controversy as is, they just couldn't afford to have that glitch in there.

They also got rid of that giant metal trash compactor crushing all the cars in my 10 car garage... which was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Billy86 wrote: »
    To my mind that is a big reason why heists, etc have not come out yet. There was another glitch that caused people to throw all their money (not sure if just cash) or money in their banks too) in the air and not be able to pick it up themselves. Those two things, especially the rape glitch, obviously are the type to put literally everything else on the back burner while getting rid of them. From a PR perspective and a game that courts a lot of controversy as is, they just couldn't afford to have that glitch in there.

They also got rid of that giant metal trash compactor crushing all the cars in my 10 car garage... which was nice.

Are you PS3? I'm thinking the hacking must be more on that platform because I'm seeing nothing on xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Hey folks, just joined the Boards Crew, my Gamertag is MaxMartello on PS3 and 360 but mainly play on PS3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Grayson wrote: »
    Are you PS3? I'm thinking the hacking must be more on that platform because I'm seeing nothing on xbox.

Yeah just got the loan of a friends for a while since I'm finished in work and finalising stuff for Canada, so too much spare time on my hands!

I didn't notice too many glitches either (it's probably more rife in the 'bad spirt' player pool) but noticed it the odd time. The garage glitch was apparently a virus, if you played in a game with someone who had it, you caught it off them even if they didn't mean to and had caught it the same way. It's gone since the update though thank Christ... didn't ruin the car, just smashed up the front and windscreen a bit. Pain in the ass though since I only have one quality car (should be 2 by tonight!) and was using it to stash piles of oracles and phantoms to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Floating swift is pretty cool :-)

Do move to suddenly or she sinks

My ps3 just froze for the first time in months.

Met up with some other Boardies in the game, we were trying to kill some guy but he kept getting us so we went on passive to see where he was hiding. The fecker had been exploiting some glitch that made him go through the wall, he could see and kill us but we couldnt do anything to him.

He then asked me how was I able to not die and wanted to know how to do it, told him I was just in passive mode :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

My ps3 just froze for the first time in months.

Lorcy put a curse on you after last night :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What do yiz think of the event playlist? First one I've actually enjoyed really. Have been playing it all evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

What do yiz think of the event playlist? First one I've actually enjoyed really. Have been playing it all evening.

Don't like this one actually, fairly meh air and land races in it and sick of people in the Besra race at the end lowering their plane on top of you and sending you crashing while they just fly on.

Great fun tonight with CM Jc trying to snipe down two fighter jets in the airport. The absolute chaos taking place in the airport the last few days is incredible.

Having problems staying in sessions tonight.

IanMc666 wrote: »
    Great fun tonight with CM Jc trying to snipe down two fighter jets in the airport. The absolute chaos taking place in the airport the last few days is incredible.

That was a good laugh alright! Before I got that connection error there was only the one jet flying around but by the time I got back there were people hopping into Buzzards, the two jets and I think for a short time there was a tank outside too. Like some sort of a war-zone, I dunno why they were all trying to get us though. Pity I was kicked that second time.

I was having fun at the Airport too in my session, there were 6 others and it was just us all flying around with choppers killing each other, seems thats where all the action is though a lot of the time everyone is gunning for me since there isnt another Crew member on there :/

Having problems staying in sessions tonight.

It seems like Rockstar didn't really fix things at all and just benefited from the smaller volume of players online before the update. I was having problems earlier as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

What headsets are people using? I hear some of the boards crew with perfect clarity(sorry can't remember names) I got this gioteck piece of **** from argos the last day.

Gonna go buy a different one. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

anyone else having trouble singing in on psn??

• Advertisement

sean1141 wrote: »
    anyone else having trouble singing in on psn??

Yup but seems to be fine now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement