Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Haven't done the flight schools yet bit liking the new planes.

Pity the Swift gear isn't retractable but it's nice to fly.

The Milijet is pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I wanted to use my 10,000th post on this thread. GTA V is one of the best games I ever played. I spent 85 hours Online which I've never done with any other game. Almost a year since release, the thread always stayed active even though GTA Online didn't have the best of starts, remember when no one could get past the first race?? We've all been waiting for Heists for the last 10 months but I hear they will be released 'soooooon'. I had some breaks from online but anytime I came back, there were always lads from this thread bombing around and having the craic. I don't think Online would be a fraction of the laugh it is without the Boards crew(s) keeping it alive.

I can't wait to buy this again on PS4, go through the story and continue GTA Online with the Boards-ie crew that will hopefully get a few new members from PS4 and XBOX One users.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Pity the Swift gear isn't retractable but it's nice to fly.

It's strange that it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Is it any wonder people money glitch with those price of everything these days

How can the new helicopter/planes be that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bomber39

Hi,

Does the swift gear not retract with clicking the left tumbstick? I think anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

IvySlayer wrote: »
    How can the new helicopter/planes be that much?

Because this...

jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Bomber39 wrote: »
    Hi,

Does the swift gear not retract with clicking the left tumbstick? I think anyway.

Nope, or if it does its not working for me........

Fixed wing retracts so my controller is ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

2 minor glitches, when you take your irish parachute off after jumping it turns to a usa colour on the ground. Also, when you buy a reserve chute and use it, you have to go back to ammunation and equip it, when you enter a plane/helicopter it only gives u a free main chute, no reserve :/ .. I learned that the hard way haha
    heh.

yes, a.... 'glitch' ;);)

:pac:
    TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Nnnoooooooo!! :(

They patched the mask/hat/glasses glitch. Pointless.

this infuriated me :mad:

then, after the copious amounts of whiskey, wine and bong, I got the keys to my car and drove it into a big wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

i was able to sell my duped adders in the last hour, wasnt able to sell 3 of them but i was gonna hold onto one anyway. hopefully the other 2 sell later or tomorrow. just glad to have free space in my garage again to buy other cars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I don't think Online would be a fraction of the laugh it is without the Boards crew(s) keeping it alive.

DM4cv.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

Happy to now be a part of the Boards crew :D

Also noticing all the new payouts, some seriously high payouts for easy enough missions. Gonna be making the most of this over the next while.

IanMc666 wrote: »
    Happy to now be a part of the Boards crew :D

Also noticing all the new payouts, some seriously high payouts for easy enough missions. Gonna be making the most of this over the next while.

Hey man, feel free to post mission names and payouts, always looking for easy cash :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Needed: 3 Irish lads for Xbox to complete a 6x6 :)

Nope, or if it does its not working for me........

Fixed wing retracts so my controller is ok!

It worked for me last night, but not the night before.

I've noticed that when I'm plating with friends the payout from missions is ridiculous. I got 28k for chemical extraction, on hard, with 4 players. We did take our time with it. We spawned in the city and spend 10 minutes trying to get to the mission because people kept blowing up each others stuff. :)

Sometimes it feels like this is my crew

I've read that they have changed the co-pilots camera for the Buzzard.

Now it's a lot clearer. It should be a lot easier for the co-pilot to use the missiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    I've read that they have changed the co-pilots camera for the Buzzard.

Now it's a lot clearer. It should be a lot easier for the co-pilot to use the missiles.
    I'll test that one out later if there's anyone on, well it couldn't be any worse anyway.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Hey man, feel free to post mission names and payouts, always looking for easy cash :)

Will do. I'm gonna be keeping a list of them myself and I'll post them on here too. One of note last night was that Hard Labor one giving out about 17-18 grand and 3,000 + RP on hard.

Handy enough mission. 2 floors of enemies and a roof of enemies, ending with a gang boss who flees. The first two floors are grand, just take cover and pick your shots. I'd recommend picking up all the cash they drop, as you'll have time to before progressing onto the next floor.

Beware of the roof gang, they are literally Terminators. I sniped a dude twice in the head and once in the chest before he died, and they take a considerable amount of your health. As for the gang boss, wait till he lands his chopper, snipe his goons and then take him out.

Any more I find I shall post up here when I come across them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Because this...

jpg
    Meh, I don't get why people complain about that a lot. The updates Rockstar are doing have all been free, which is pretty great all things considered and makes it pretty difficult to label them as 'greedy'. Those planes etc were not there before the update so it's not like you're missing out on anything otherwise.

Also as some have mentioned the missions pay out a lot more now than before, obviously to help people get more money and play something other than rooftop rumble and potshot all the time. If you're trying to grind up some money, at the end of the mission just before you reach your final destination, Park up and browse online, or just go and make a cup of coffee. You can make around 20k even off simple missions doing this (so long as you are playing on hard) with more money if others are in the mission too.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭gnarbarian

Hi I just signed up and was wondering if anybody had any freezing problems on xbox360 since the last update?
    Since I downloaded the update last tuesday I can only play for about 15mins before the whole console seizes up :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 markhogan

still getting great entertaiinment out of this game

• Advertisement

KeshFM93 wrote: »
    I'll test that one out later if there's anyone on, well it couldn't be any worse anyway.

Taken from reddit.

eukc2xm.jpg

My God, that is worth the update alone!

gnarbarian wrote: »
    Hi I just signed up and was wondering if anybody had any freezing problems on xbox360 since the last update?
    Since I downloaded the update last tuesday I can only play for about 15mins before the whole console seizes up :(

It's happeded once a night for the last three nights. I had to restart the xbox each time.

This Flight School event playlist is actually quite fun! On 4 of 6 now. Some madness hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭gnarbarian

Grayson wrote: »
    It's happeded once a night for the last three nights. I had to restart the xbox each time.

At least its not just me with this problem! Its coming to a point now that I dont even want to load up the game anymore, I hope this gets fixed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

I have two more parts to go in the flight school . fair play to anyone to get gold on these missions (bar the first two)

I'm stuck on the one where you collect the targets/checkpoints. I keep crashing (so what else is new) bet ya to it proco :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Serious auld money to be made from the event too, made about 200k off it from 2 runs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

I had freezing issues too!!
    Thought it was just time to humanely dispatch the Xbox with the 12gauge!!
    But must play the sh!t out of it with all the xp bonuses for the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Billy86 wrote: »
    Meh, I don't get why people complain about that a lot. The updates Rockstar are doing have all been free, which is pretty great all things considered and makes it pretty difficult to label them as 'greedy'. Those planes etc were not there before the update so it's not like you're missing out on anything otherwise.

Also as some have mentioned the missions pay out a lot more now than before, obviously to help people get more money and play something other than rooftop rumble and potshot all the time. If you're trying to grind up some money, at the end of the mission just before you reach your final destination, Park up and browse online, or just go and make a cup of coffee. You can make around 20k even off simple missions doing this (so long as you are playing on hard) with more money if others are in the mission too.

The updates may be free but they're designed to part you with the dollars you already have.
    If they put some actual missions in the updates instead of just races and death-matches that people can make themselves anyway then you might have a point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The updates may be free but they're designed to part you with the dollars you already have.
    If they put some actual missions in the updates instead of just races and death-matches that people can make themselves anyway then you might have a point.
    Actually my point was that a lot of games charge for updates, and Rockstar don't. And nobody could have made flight school, if that had not been included in the update then maybe you would have a point.

And if you are so eager to buy the planes etc that came with this free updated that didn't cost you a penny, they have also increased the payout for the existing missions considerably, including the quick and easy ones for Simeon, Gerald etc from the start of the online game. You can easily rack up 100-200k in an hour now because of this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement