Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Options
1324325326327329

Comments

  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy


    Been on all night with no problems. Woot!

    *victory dance*


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu


    TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Been on all night with no problems. Woot!

    *victory dance*

    gta_4f28b8_2159413.gif


  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭TacoMan


    Online at last!


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless


    TacoMan wrote: »
    I can't connect now, R* game services unavailable. Tried switching off router and ps3 but same thing when I restarted. Will try a few more times. :mad:

    Had maintenance screen twice today.has to be my Xbox...10 times the past week


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25


    I've got a dilemma. I'm finally go spend my communion and hard earned money.

    Do I buy a tank or buzzard heli??


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    Sorry for going well off topic lads but I don't want to be the only fool playing GTA Online on PS4 :(

    Argos are selling a PS4 500gb for the next 4 days for €385 plus a free game.

    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1222540.htm#sohdr1


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy


    sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sorry for going well off topic lads but I don't want to be the only fool playing GTA Online on PS4 :(

    Argos are selling a PS4 500gb for the next 4 days for €385 plus a free game.

    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1222540.htm#sohdr1

    *reported to mods for off topic* :P

    That's actually great value and there's plenty of stock nationwide too:
    http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1222540

    For fools like me who bought both new consoles, do you think the character migrate function will be one time only?
    I.E. if I migrate it from ps3 to xbox1 is it stuck there, or can I move it over to ps4 also?


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    marcbrophy wrote: »
    *reported to mods for off topic* :P

    That's actually great value and there's plenty of stock nationwide too:
    http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1222540

    For fools like me who bought both new consoles, do you think the character migrate function will be one time only?
    I.E. if I migrate it from ps3 to xbox1 is it stuck there, or can I move it over to ps4 also?

    marcbrophy banned for pure cheek!

    That's actually a really good question. It would be great to be able to keep your character updated and live between old and new gen machines but not sure how. If you could do that then you would in theory be able to use your character on either ps3 or 360 so maybe it's more complicated than that.


  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭TacoMan


    keano25 wrote: »
    I've got a dilemma. I'm finally go spend my communion and hard earned money.

    Do I buy a tank or buzzard heli??

    1 vote for the Buzzard. I bought both before christmas, during the money glitchers' era, and I have used the tank less than 10 times since. The Buzzard is excellent in both freemode and missions. It's missiles auto lock to enemies so missions like Crystal Clearout where you have to wipe out several gangs are a doddle.

    The tank seems kind of useless unless you are a tank griefer, and even they are not as omnipresent as they once were. Most people know how to deal with tanks now, so even if you go on a rampage you will most likely be blown up in around 2 minutes.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow


    Just started playing gta V online again after a 6 month hiatus. Anything changed that I should know about?

    And is the zentorno worth buying seeing as I already have an entity maxed out?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    Just started playing gta V online again after a 6 month hiatus. Anything changed that I should know about?

    And is the zentorno worth buying seeing as I already have an entity maxed out?

    The Zento is well worth it imo. Excellent speed and handling, can get around the map in no time and just looks daycent all round.

    Other than that there have been plenty of tweaks to payouts, glitch fixes, new cars, flight school. Do Flight School, good laugh and you make make about 100k out of it. Oh and Heists were released...............jk


  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭TacoMan


    Just started playing gta V online again after a 6 month hiatus. Anything changed that I should know about?

    And is the zentorno worth buying seeing as I already have an entity maxed out?

    If you have $2m spare I'd definitely get a Zentorno. Not sure if it is the fastest of the supercars (that's one for the GTA scientists on YouTube), but it is a beast in races and handles corners like a dream. I sold my Adder to fund the Zentorno and I've no regrets since. Hung onto the Entity though, I love that car, but imo the Zentorno is the superior vehicle.

    Maybe try it out in single player first, just in case.


  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭TacoMan


    sheehy83 wrote: »
    The Zento is well worth it imo. Excellent speed and handling, can get around the map in no time and just looks daycent all round.

    Other than that there have been plenty of tweaks to payouts, glitch fixes, new cars, flight school. Do Flight School, good laugh and you make make about 100k out of it. Oh and Heists were released...............jk

    And the feature that whenever you win a race you go bald. I love that one! :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭C.M_jc


    sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sorry for going well off topic lads but I don't want to be the only fool playing GTA Online on PS4 :(

    Argos are selling a PS4 500gb for the next 4 days for €385 plus a free game.

    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1222540.htm#sohdr1

    On that note, what are people's intentions? I don't want to be the only fool playing on PS3. :o
    Dunno if I could really justify upgrading as GTA is the only game I play ATM.


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy


    TacoMan wrote: »
    And the feature that whenever you win a race you go bald. I love that one! :D

    If you win 17 races in a row your feet disappear, your ears turn blue & your eyes migrate to the back of your head!

    Traded in my Entity when the Zentorno arrived & haven't regretted it. I use that or Turismo R for super class races & don't notice too much between them. Turismo feels lighter though & so easier for people to spin you, but I think it accelerates much quicker so if you get a good start you'll probably be in first place & out of trouble. Zentorno feels heavier & much more stable around corner & over bumps.
    On that note, what are people's intentions? I don't want to be the only fool playing on PS3.
    Dunno if I could really justify upgrading as GTA is the only game I play ATM.

    GTA is all I'm playing too but I will be transferring to my PS4 when it arrives. I'll have to wipe about a years worth of dust off it first of course.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu


    C.M_jc wrote: »
    On that note, what are people's intentions? I don't want to be the only fool playing on PS3. :o
    Dunno if I could really justify upgrading as GTA is the only game I play ATM.

    I'm in the same situation. I won't be buying a ps4 anytime soon and I imagine a lot of people will be the same for a while.

    I haven't gone near other games due to playing gta online and it would be a waste for me at the moment to spend around 500 quid on a new gta machine.

    I'll probably pick up one eventually though.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25


    Proco Jr. wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation. I won't be buying a ps4 anytime soon and I imagine a lot of people will be the same for a while.

    I haven't gone near other games due to playing gta online and it would be a waste for me at the moment to spend around 500 quid on a new gta machine.

    I'll probably pick up one eventually though.

    I'd be of the same opinion. And knowing playstation they'll probably introduce and update version of the PS4 in the not to distant future


  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭TacoMan


    Proco Jr. wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation. I won't be buying a ps4 anytime soon and I imagine a lot of people will be the same for a while.

    I haven't gone near other games due to playing gta online and it would be a waste for me at the moment to spend around 500 quid on a new gta machine.

    I'll probably pick up one eventually though.

    At first I was planning to get a PS4 the day GTA came out, but I think I'll hold off until any potential bugs are fixed. Last thing anyone wants is to transfer over and lose everything. Not saying this will happen, but just want to wait until everything is confirmed as working. Also will switch over when the majority of the crew switch over, don't want to be the only mug playing on PS4.

    I'm not so sure PS3 and PS4 users will be able to share lobbies (freemode anyway), as the PS4 lobbies are rumoured to hold around 32-64 players at one time. I'm wondering if these new lobbies will bring new vehicles. Imagine the chaos of 32 players on a double decker bus! :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy


    sheehy83 wrote: »
    marcbrophy banned for pure cheek!

    That's actually a really good question. It would be great to be able to keep your character updated and live between old and new gen machines but not sure how. If you could do that then you would in theory be able to use your character on either ps3 or 360 so maybe it's more complicated than that.

    Haha :D

    Yeah hopefully they have it fleshed out properly and it'll be more than a once off migration, cos that would be really handy :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso


    Ah jesus lads, I'm only after getting a PS3 about 2 years ago, its still new to me and I cant afford the PS4 plus I cant really justify buying one since teh PS3 covers a lot of the games i play and like i said is practically new.
    I dont wanna lose people to the PS4 :(


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls


    TacoMan wrote: »
    If you have $2m spare I'd definitely get a Zentorno. Not sure if it is the fastest of the supercars (that's one for the GTA scientists on YouTube),

    Been done, Entity just trumps it.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu


    I think the biggest difference between the super cars is the nut behind the wheel.

    And by nut I mean the driver.

    The more mistakes made, the less likely you are to win.

    Most of the races I lose is down to me making stupid mistakes, trying to cut corners where I shouldn't or just pushing too hard and spinning out.

    I'm worse if I'm chatting with crew members during the race as I tend to lose concentration.
    If I go silent that means I'm in the zone :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Irishbob


    Proco Jr. wrote: »
    I think the biggest difference between the super cars is the nut behind the wheel.

    And by nut I mean the driver.

    The more mistakes made, the less likely you are to win.

    Most of the races I lose is down to me making stupid mistakes, trying to cut corners where I shouldn't or just pushing too hard and spinning out.

    I'm worse if I'm chatting with crew members during the race as I tend to lose concentration.
    If I go silent that means I'm in the zone :pac:

    Definitely. I lose more time recovering a crash. 1 tip and the other players are miles away. Cutting corners too much..... don't get me started on missing check points over it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Randomfriend


    Been done, Entity just trumps it.

    Depends on the track, Entitys are **** on a track with long straights.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Randomfriend


    I wont be getting a ps4 for a while yet either lads. No point until a lot more games come out.


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    There's about 5 games coming out in te next couple of months that I want to get on PS4 but will only be able to afford 1 or 2 I'd say so. From Christmas on, I will have a nice flow of games to get through.

    Also, I have created a new thread about merging the GTA Online Crews here:

    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92081873#post92081873

    Obviously it's completely yur own choice if you want to move crews but it might increase the chance of maximum crew members on at any one time.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Randomfriend


    On for a bit, because sure **** it, tis Saturday.


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy


    Had an impromptu race in jets last night with Bryan for the first time, me in a Lazer (safety on) & himself in a lovely Basra! Almost a year & still finding new things to do - anyone want to try an impromptu marathon/triathlon? Fill the session with crew & we'll all go jogging around the map!!













    ..Ok, maybe not :P

    Bryan, if yer out there, I was trying to message you to take the jet when I was going offline but couldn't. I could message everyone else in the session but there was no option to text you from the phone.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25


    Why no boards crew accept game invites?

    Gettin stuck with idiots all morning


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso


    TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Had an impromptu race in jets last night with Bryan for the first time, me in a Lazer (safety on) & himself in a lovely Basra! Almost a year & still finding new things to do - anyone want to try an impromptu marathon/triathlon? Fill the session with crew & we'll all go jogging around the map!!




    ..Ok, maybe not :P

    Bryan, if yer out there, I was trying to message you to take the jet when I was going offline but couldn't. I could message everyone else in the session but there was no option to text you from the phone.

    Ok I just have to know!! Is it Therapy Boy or The Rapy Boy?


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement