Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

....and there's my first freeze after the new update :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Love the flying low mission, great pay too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The third last one in the online flight school is arguably the hardest single thing I have come across in any GTA game ever. Don't even want to know what the last two will be like at this rate.

Billy86 wrote: »
    The third last one in the online flight school is arguably the hardest single thing I have come across in any GTA game ever. Don't even want to know what the last two will be like at this rate.

What?? That's by the far the easiest!

That's the one I'm on about, ground level.

This trick is to put down your landing gear and hold the brakes at about 50% so its just about to cut out and drop but not quite, you go as slow as a snail and can get your average height down to 0.00m.. I'm going for the world record on that one!

The buzzard now has the ability to turn off homing rockets - free aim. Don't think that was in the previous update was it?

Also, a nice thing I noticed in the patch notes - Lester’s abilities ‘Remove Wanted Level’, ‘Cop Turn Blind Eye’, and ‘Off Radar’ now apply to all passengers in a vehicle as well as the player who initially triggered it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭C.M_jc

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Class. Can you post if you get rewards for getting gold, would be class if you could get a car/plane/money as a reward.

You unlock a t-shirt.

Edit: actually I think that unlocks when you complete Flight School regardless of medals. When I finished I had to go back and redo a one I got bronze in. Nothing extra for all-gold AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭C.M_jc

According to the notes missions payouts are no longer halved if replayed, however some of the missions now pay less overall; depending on difficulty some have increased too. Seems to be the other major part of the update really.

Holy sh*t I actually did it!!!! :D:D:D

9vxAcv4.png

C.M_jc wrote: »
    You unlock a t-shirt.

Edit: actually I think that unlocks when you complete Flight School regardless of medals. When I finished I had to go back and redo a one I got bronze in. Nothing extra for all-gold AFAIK.
    Cheers that helps a tonne... we're Rd how that plane picks up so much speed without even tapping to accelerate at all. Ballsed up at the end but got a bronze, so I'll correct it later (I am quote sure I went upwards of 120 attempts!).

Update is a bit meh, free so no complaints obviously but I've never been fond of flying in GTA games and it's also always been my weakest point by a distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

minimap displays tanks now, that's handy.

• Advertisement

NOOOO!!

They lowered the potshot payout from 10500 to 4880 :(

But I also read that you get more money depending on how long it takes you, so I'm going to leave my controller upside down and idle for an hour to 2 and see the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

3rd last flight lesson.
    Only took 21 attempts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Can't do the shooting rang one at all because both of my controllers are ****ed.

Those who race bikes with me know my woes. Basterds pull to the left constantly and twitch everywhere, it's the same craic with planes/choppers

Had enough and quit it on the last onr, will go back in a bit. That knife turn the nsteuctor does on the corner of the docks does not make sense, and I f***ing hate that plane. I'm going to go punch kittens for a bit.

Interesting, doing potshot in 2 mins 45 seconds nets $4880, but leaving your controls upside down for half an hour (spinning right joystick around to prevent disconnection from idling) nets you $19500!!

I think it may just be possible to earn money in your sleep!

I'll leave it for a few hours this time and see the difference, so we can start calculating the time bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Made a little over 145k for flight school.lost about a stone and a half in anger/nervous sweat over the last 3 lessons
    F##k me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

Kesh, check if adding a rear spoiler will add traction to the arse of the car.
    Would like to buy this car for racing but not if shes arse happy

Didn't see a spoiler option :(

Only decent mods on it are the front n rear bumper. And even at that it doesn't make a big difference.

Formation Flight will be the death of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

Haven't went near flight school yet . I'm hoping it won't be as frustrating as it sounds .

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

5 gold, 4 silver and a bronze. I'll be back for the golds. Got 150k altogether, class!! More stuff like this is greatly welcomed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

KeshFM93 wrote: »
    Haven't went near flight school yet . I'm hoping it won't be as frustrating as it sounds .

I've spent the last 2 months in a jet... I can take out most targets & fly under most bridges.

I can guarantee you I'll make a balls of the flight school. :D

I won't be online until later, how long does the flight school take?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    I won't be online until later, how long does the flight school take?

About 10 tests each that last anywhere from 1 - 3 or 4 minutes. 1st 5 can be done gold on 1st go, the last ones will take some retries :)

sheehy83 wrote: »
    the last ones will take some retries :)

This will be me for the last few.

WN6rE.gif

Rooftop rumble with 4 people, $14,630

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Just waiting to get into a session to try out this flight school business :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Nnnoooooooo!! :(

They patched the mask/hat/glasses glitch. Pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Nnnoooooooo!! :(

They patched the mask/hat/glasses glitch. Pointless.

Damnit!, I forgot to do the beer hat glitch:mad::(

Really liking the changes they have made for payouts from missions, stops the game becoming a constant cycle of rooftop rumble and potshot when you need money.

I tried some out and got paid the following (roughly)
    - 19.5k for Titan of a Job, hard solo
    - 12k for early checkout with Martin, normal solo and really quick and easy. Forgot to switch to hard.
    - 19k for Martin again, the one with the judge in the vineyard. Similar setup, a bit longer but still quite an easy one. Hard, solo the difficulty makes no real difference on this one.
    - 21k for getting a van of methods off the Lost for Trevor, can't remember the name of the mission, hard solo.
    - 15.4k from Gerald for the one with the bikers and vagus fellas in Los Santos river. Easy and very quick. 2 player, didn't catch the difficulty.
    - 24k hard solo for getting the two drug vans out of the quarry, but in part because it took ages since I had to go back and get the second van and drop both to Lesters warehouse.

Apparently you get paid 10% extra for every person in the mission (up to 4 players, 30‰) on top of that so you could quite easily make close to or even over 30k for a lot of jobs. You'd just need to have an actual gunfight for 3 mins or so rather than go flying in with rocket launchers and ending it in 5 seconds.

But trust f***ing Simeon to give me barely over 5k (so about 4.3 after respraying it) for a high priority vehicle without a scratch on it! Hopefully his missions have got a pay bump too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Flight School tests pay decent for very little time spent. One of the early tests earned me around 5k in 2 minutes. Hopefully they keep paying out like this, much better for grinding cash than playing Rooftop Rumble over and over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement