Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-Life: Alyx (formerly: Half Life 3 is coming??)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Oak76 wrote: »
    And coincide with the release of Steam Boxes, maybe.

Seems plausible in fairness, but at this stage of the game, are we inevitably going to be disappointed anyway.will it be another duke nukem?

or else it'll be a cutscene where you see freeman meeting gman, only for gman to tell him that he (gordon) actually died during the initial experiment.

and then they'll all get off the island and go to heaven.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Whatever about HL3, L4D3 is something I'd look forward to more :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭samantha fortune

Another (Sh1t)Duke Nukem will be made before HL3 comes out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Grrr... Twice in one night, go to the gaming forum and this has been bumped, go to the PC Gaming forum and there's a very misleadingly titled "Next Valve Game" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Apparently Valve may have just launched Source 2.0

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-07-has-valve-just-soft-launched-the-source-2-engine

Could be a sign ???? HL3 Confirmed ??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Fallout 4 and Half Life 3 threads bumped within 24 hours?

I'm unsubscribing from this bloody forum :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Kiith wrote: »

Nah; simply use the two threads as The Cuckoo's Nest sticky thread; anyone posting in them get a permanent forum ban :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

ha, in fairness... this could be a pretty big step towards an announcement... at least of what valve are releasing next.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Absolutely
    Magill wrote: »
    ha, in fairness... this could be a pretty big step towards an announcement... at least of what valve are releasing next.

Have they figured out if it's placeholder for the engine or just a filename or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nody wrote: »
    Nah; simply use the two threads as The Cuckoo's Nest sticky thread; anyone posting in them get a permanent forum ban :p

It's a random ban length now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

If they're saying that old assets can be brought into the new engine, I wonder is that the reason for Black Mesa Source creating a separate, paid for release which they said "the Steam version will include features that the free version simply can not have". They were suspected to have features of some of the newer source versions, but kept it hush.

I thought the decision to delay it further and create a separate release over a few lighting updates seemed a bit needless, but I would think Source 2 would certainly be reason enough to delay and create the fork.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Magill wrote: »

Oh i agree. Any news is good news...i'm just jaded beyond all rational thought at this stage :P
    Star Lord wrote: »
    It's a random ban length now!

3 months for Half Life 3, 4 months for Fallout 4.

10 years for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just waiting for the day the thread title changes from question marks to exclamation marks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

What are peoples opinions on this being open-world?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

3 months for Half Life 3, 4 months for Fallout 4.

How about the ban length = the amount of time since the last installment?

4Dlolz wrote: »

No, HL is alls about the tight, super polished story shooty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

GTFO!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Dear god....

Half Life 3
    Half Life Online

NNOOOOoooooooooooo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

Let's face it, Valve are not going to announce Half-Life 3 and you know it...

Far too much pressure at this point in that even if it turns out to be a masterpiece, it will be a total disappointment.

My guess is that one day you're going to wake up and low-and-behold, HL3 will be available to purchase on Steam - no 6 month announcements, no media build-up, nothing.

And it will be EPIC. :D:eek::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Noxin wrote: »
    Dear god....

Half Life 3
    Half Life Online

NNOOOOoooooooooooo

Free to play, with optional premium abilities.

"You will be able to reload in 5 minutes. Alternatively you can spend 5 Gabens to reload now."

• Advertisement

D wrote: »
    Free to play, with optional premium abilities.

"You will be able to reload in 5 minutes. Alternatively you can spend 5 Gabens to reload now."

"Your crowbar is damaged and cannot be used. Please pay 5 Gabens or wait 12 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Steam is down worldwide right, got to be HL3 pre-launch tinkering obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I hate when this thread pops up on the main page :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

When it is announced im going to hunt down all the jokers on this thread and kill them before its released

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Absolutely
    Still don't get why Half Life 3 hasn't been officially revealed yet, never mind released.
    It's been 7 years since the last game. Even if they stopped and restarted development more than once they would have to have something.

I don't want to think it but could this be the next Duke Nukem Forever? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Still don't get why Half Life 3 hasn't been officially revealed yet, never mind released.
    It's been 7 years since the last game. Even if they stopped and restarted development more than once they would have to have something.

I don't think the two games are comparable though: DNK was an almost legendary case of project mismanagement and flighty devs, incapable of settling on a single design document to live by before changing the game engine yet again. Whatever else you say about Valve, they know how to get stuff done and strike me as the last kind of dev. house that might arse about on a pet project.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Of course they have something, they're just under absolutely no pressure to show it.

Aside from that, I imagine they'll have several fairly significantly different iterations of chunks of the game since early development would have been done using Source while, as the years ticked on, they would have moved everything over to Source 2. In a way, if they had shown footage earlier during these earlier periods it could have been a bit DNF-like since, during its own tragic development cycle, we got Quake 2, Unreal and Unreal 2-based footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

I know it wont happen.

But......the Original Half-Life was published by a company called Sierra.

The company the owns the Sierra brand (Activision) has announced there will be big news about Sierra to be released at GamesCon. (See Sierra.com).

The Source 2 engine was kinda slipped out in the DOTA2 update.

Plus a cloud that looked like the HL3 logo just went past my window..

Plus if you add up todays date and divide it by 3 it almost make a 3, that counts right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Ravenid wrote: »
    I know it wont happen.

But......the Original Half-Life was published by a company called Sierra.

The company the owns the Sierra brand (Activision) has announced there will be big news about Sierra to be released at GamesCon. (See Sierra.com).

The Source 2 engine was kinda slipped out in the DOTA2 update.

Plus a cloud that looked like the HL3 logo just went past my window..

Plus if you add up todays date and divide it by 3 it almost make a 3, that counts right?

Half-life 2: Blueshift. Coming 2015. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I really need to play Blue Shift and Opposing Force

Advertisement