Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate (v2) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

A 34 episode drama for here is a major achievement in itself - will the need for DVD sales prevent a Christmas Special send off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

styron wrote: »
    A 34 episode drama for here is a major achievement in itself - will the need for DVD sales prevent a Christmas Special send off?

There should be a 2 hour feature length special for Christmas next year to have on DVD in the new year.

lufties wrote: »
    Hmmm..Court cases and jail? not sure how that will be received, season 4 was a disappointment over all imo. Hope S5 will be an improvement.

Court cases and jail are bound to feature but who will end up inside? My guess is Fran for the dentist but may be wrong. Nidge could get done for Tommy and flee to Spain? Imagine seeing Fran and Noelie in prison together? Then, there's the possibility of seeing Lizzie again, conducting revenge on Nidge from behind bars (with Nidge again requiring Tony to sort things out in exchange for more cash).

Overall, I enjoyed season 4 as much as all the rest. Like season 2, the finale could have a bit more action (we could have seen the gardai take out someone in a shootout) but the obvious plan is all who survived until the end of series 4 are needed for 12 more episodes (with Dano probably dead/definitely left for dead but imagine if he was rescued and set up revenge against both Tony and Nidge?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Watched King of the Travellers the other night on TV3, which had a few Love/Hate alumni in it. Of course, Peter Coogan is in it playing another madcap character, but I was particularly impressed by the actor who plays Noelie Hughes, ****ing hilarious. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I watched King of the Travellers because I remembered it coming up on this thread - really excellent production, and some great performances - especially from the leading man, who played Patrick in L/H. Gonna see if I can track down the DVD...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Irish Indo with out of date info? (Hey, that rhymes!)

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/lovehate-fever-rises-again-as-shooting-resumes-30104610.html
    Season five of 'Love/Hate' features six episodes, with central character Nidge expected to flee to Spain.

Was it not confirmed that there'll be twelve episodes thistime around, or were they talking about season six having twelve episodes? Also, I thought the whole "moving to Spain" business had been pretty much debunked by now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I watched King of the Travellers because I remembered it coming up on this thread - really excellent production, and some great performances - especially from the leading man, who played Patrick in L/H. Gonna see if I can track down the DVD...

Its dirt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Irish Indo with out of date info? (Hey, that rhymes!)

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/lovehate-fever-rises-again-as-shooting-resumes-30104610.html

Was it not confirmed that there'll be twelve episodes thistime around, or were they talking about season six having twelve episodes? Also, I thought the whole "moving to Spain" business had been pretty much debunked by now?

That's weird. The story has always been that the 5th season is the last season and will consist of twelve episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Pic on front of paper today with aido Trish and Siobhan

Page 25 of daily mirror has a picture of a main character being shot. fcucksake! bulling I saw it now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

deise08 wrote: »
    Page 25 of daily mirror has a picture of a main character being shot. fcucksake! bulling I saw it now!

He wouldnt be a main character but still big enough spoiler. It was in the star also

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Can someone please post who is shot as I don't have access to either paper. Maybe stick it in the spoiler tag to avoid annoying others? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Once again, embarrassing behaviour from the rags in respect of this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

With that news I'll have to unfollow this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

It was the cat!!! Back for revenge!!!

guttenberg wrote: »
    Can someone please post who is shot as I don't have access to either paper. Maybe stick it in the spoiler tag to avoid annoying others? Thanks!

I'm refraining from reading the Mirror etc as they reveal too much. Clearly, season 4 of Love/Hate was really season 4 episodes 1 to 4 with Dano's death being the climax. Episodes 4 and 5 of season 4 are part of a buildup to season 5 and belong more in this as that was what was planned and we saw a few stories being developed here with both major and minor characters. Without reading the rags, I'd say
    Glen/Guinea, the pipe bomb maker and/or Keith Duffy's drug dealing gym owner character, and/or Noelie Hughes may fall foul early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Just seen on Facebook they are filming at apartments along the quays. Girl put up a major spoiler. Better not put the picture up here or there'll be murder

• Registered Users Posts: 85,613 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Elmo dies
    according to one of today's daily rags

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

yea think you're right Liz they were filming in Coolock

Bump - Season 4 episode 1 was repeated at 10.15 tonight on RTE ONE in HD quality. Episode was just ending when i discovered it. Needless to say id imagine the rest of the series will follow over the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Is season 1 to 3 on netflixs for subscribers on Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Anyone else enjoying watching the re run tonight? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

nope...but thanks for reminding me to unsubscribe to this sh*t thread for a sh*t tv show

nope...but thanks for reminding me to unsubscribe to this sh*t thread for a sh*t tv show

Farewell, you'll be sorely missed :rolleyes:

This is the Love/Hate thread ... not the Tubridy thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Why did you subscribe to a thread for a show you think is $hite?

Hate this nonsense, not a massive fan boy of this show myself, but can't stand when people subscribe to a thread of a show they don't really like and then complain when they get notifications about people posting in it. Really intelligent people there.

I dont understand why RTE cannot show all seasons, starting from the first and not the 4th

Its the summer season so plenty of place in the TV schedule

Why wasn't elmo in season 2. I can't remember but while watching season 2 over the weekend I only realised he isn't in season 2 at all bit returns for season 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

bazermc wrote: »
    Why wasn't elmo in season 2. I can't remember but while watching season 2 over the weekend I only realised he isn't in season 2 at all bit returns for season 3.

Wasn't he in hiding for most of Season 2?

Advertisement