Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate (v2) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

lufties wrote: »
    Ah lads will ye shut up about tommy.

No

Ah lads will ye shut up about tommy.

Sure.

Who will we discuss next? Elmo? Patrick the Traveller? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Sure.

Who will we discuss next? Elmo? Patrick the Traveller? :)

His character the most wooden in love/hate, and some muppets on this thread seem to be fascinated.Or perhaps i'm posting amongst teenage girls :rolleyes:

His character the most wooden in love/hate, and some muppets on this thread seem to be fascinated.Or perhaps i'm posting amongst teenage girls :rolleyes:

He is popular amongst the female contingent no doubt. Being a heterosexual male i cant say he has the same appeal to me but I actually think Killian Scott is a really talented actor and if you heard him being interviewed you'd realise just how good he is. He plays the real dense lacky really well. He hasnt got killer lines but he is not meant to. He isn't meant to be deep really.

I'm guessing his backstory is that he is a very simple man with nothing going for him in the brains or career department (i dont count drug courier as a normal career) who was easily led into the world of drugs by manipulative people like Nidge and John Boy. He is a bit similar to Neil from the inbetweeners in one respect.

He is popular amongst the female contingent no doubt. Being a heterosexual male i cant say he has the same appeal to me but I actually think Killian Scott is a really talented actor and if you heard him being interviewed you'd realise just how good he is. He plays the real dense lacky really well. He hasnt got killer lines but he is not meant to. He isn't meant to be deep really.

I'm guessing his backstory is that he is a very simple man with nothing going for him in the brains or career department (i dont count drug courier as a normal career) who was easily led into the world of drugs by manipulative people like Nidge and John Boy. He is a bit similar to Neil from the inbetweeners in one respect.

What makes him attractive to women I'd love to know. Tommy's dress sense is awful, his character is common as muck. Best of a bad bunch perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Teenage girls? Well pardon me, why haven't ye said so? Right up my alley, I'm only a young lad.

Txt me girlz XxOo

What makes him attractive to women I'd love to know. Tommy's dress sense is awful, his character is common as muck. Best of a bad bunch perhaps?

As Lisa says about Nelson in The Simpsons when Bart questions her liking towards him; "He's a rebel, and only I can change him".

That comparison to Neil, very good :) I see exactly where you're coming from, spot on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Tommy is not the brightest and talks slow even before Nidge attacked him. Yes, Killian is totally different in real life: highly intelligent and talks very different. He's a great actor and plays Tommy very well.

Tommy is basically decent and he is sucked into things by John Boy initially. He is caring and willing to help hence Siobhan, Debbie and Georgina all turning to him. He of course was also not committed to the tiger kidnapping actions in the way Nidge or Fran were and befriended the kidnapped girl.

Like Darren, he was clearly aligned to Nidge. Nidge lost it with him and felt guilty about it. Initial friendship with Nidge probably introduced him to the world of drug dealing.

Clearly, the gardai do not view Tommy in the same light as they do Nidge or Fran. They see him as a victim caught up in something he is not devious enough for. If they keep Tommy alive, it will be this aspect of him they will pursue I think.

DVDM93 wrote: »
    As Lisa says about Nelson in The Simpsons when Bart questions her liking towards him; "He's a rebel, and only I can change him".

Fran, nidge, john boy, and darren..all deeper characters and more rebellious than tommy.

• Advertisement

Teenage girls? Well pardon me, why haven't ye said so? Right up my alley, I'm only a young lad.

Txt me girlz XxOo

u bebo stunnah! x0x0 :pac: :D

Fran, nidge, john boy, and darren..all deeper characters and more rebellious than tommy.

Not everyone is deep though to be fair. Tommy was happy enough to sit around smoking weed all day (now he has other hobbies :D) The others were cleverer and more ambitious and cunning then Tommy

Darren is long dead so it's not as if he has much of a relevance to our current discussion now, when Darren and the series was ongoing girls were crazy over him... as for Fran, Nidge and JB, well, Stevie Wonder would tell ya Tommy is head above them in the looks department.

Anyway it's only my opinion on why I think girls go for Tommy, first thing that came in to my head :D

Besides, Elmo... GAWJUS!

u bebo stunnah! x0x0 :pac: :D

Tnx bbz! XxOo

Hey one things for sure if there's anyone to be shot in the next season we best not let John "Bubbles O'Dwyer take it, isn't that right tipp_Gunner?! He'll miss at the time that's most important :P Haha :)

Darren is long dead so it's not as if he has much of a relevance to our current discussion now, when Darren and the series was ongoing girls were crazy over him... as for Fran, Nidge and JB, well, Stevie Wonder would tell ya Tommy is head above them in the looks department.

Anyway it's only my opinion on why I think girls go for Tommy, first thing that came in to my head :D

Besides, Elmo... GAWJUS!

Your probably right, but I thought with women looks don't matter so much.

I've been lied to all this time :(:D

Your probably right, but I thought with women looks don't matter so much.

I've been lied to all this time :(:D

Don't worry pal it's not all about the looks :)

Sadly it's not all about the personality either :(

The average professional soccer player's supermodel wife will tell you that :D Bacary Sagna, Peter Crouch...

Tnx bbz! XxOo

Hey one things for sure if there's anyone to be shot in the next season we best not let John "Bubbles O'Dwyer take it, isn't that right tipp_Gunner?! Haha :)

Bit harsh. 7 points from play.

That was a monster free to pull off and it went fractionally wide. With the best wrists in the county id safely say Bubbles would clip many the criminal with little or no problem but first he has to skin another cat or two :pac:

Don't worry pal it's not all about the looks :)

Sadly it's not all about the personality either :(

The average professional soccer player's supermodel wife will tell you that :D Bacary Sagna, Peter Crouch...

Well I'm admittedly fairly good looking (so I'm told) but also admittedly my personality is lacking in some ways.:o

Bit harsh. 7 points from play.

That was a monster free to pull off and it went fractionally wide. With the best wrists in the county id safely say Bubbles would clip many the criminal with little or no problem but first he has to skin another cat or two :pac:

Arah stop I'm only messing :) Couldn't believe that he didn't get MOTM yesterday. Hogan was very good too but I thought Bubbles deserved it, he was unreal! Only 22 as well.

What a game it was though, edge of my seat nerves even as a neutral. Serious hurling by both teams. Not one wide hit between the 42nd and 72nd minute either from what I read earlier, seriously impressive display by both teams.

Well I'm admittedly fairly good looking (so I'm told) but also admittedly my personality is lacking in some ways.:o

I think you're nice :) x

• Advertisement

I think you're nice :) x

Thats the problem :D

What's that old phrase about nice guys..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Will Tony still feature I wonder?

Thats the problem :D

What's that old phrase about nice guys..

Finish last.

Better than finishing prematurely though surely?

Finish last.

Better than finishing prematurely though surely?

Well im sure my girlfriend values that :D

girlfriend

K.

K.

Sorry dude.

Sorry dude.

:P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Mod:
    Back on topic please

deise08 wrote: »

I hope he will in some way shape or form. McGinley is brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

deise08 wrote: »

Hopefully, he will. He is a great character and Sean McGinley plays him excellently. Nidge still works for Tony and the CIRA of course.

Hopefully, Lizzie will be in it as well.

Advertisement