Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2014 Recruitment!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭PutItDown

Long wait as usual...tick tock...

In other news, I've got a date Friday, possibly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

So what creative fib have you come up with about your potential job? I mean when you're in and dating. I can lie and say I'm busy with the kids lol

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

PutItDown wrote: »
    Long wait as usual...tick tock...

In other news, I've got a date Friday, possibly...

When ya say possibly...have they just not text back yet??

Mop a top wrote: »
    So what creative fib have you come up with about your potential job? I mean when you're in and dating. I can lie and say I'm busy with the kids lol

I just don't mention it at all, haven't got the job yet :) Can't count the chickens before they hatch eh! Been further in this process before and here I am again.
    When ya say possibly...have they just not text back yet??

There was some initial planning but due to work and rushour I can't be there early enough for one plan so it's been brought closer because she was going to be towards my end anyway if I'm going to be later but it's not confirmed as she works a lot and is working on Saturday as well so not sure yet.

Female translation is probably more along the lines of: Never met you like this before, it's a first date, so wondering if I should really.

She's letting me know tonight, it's just a first date not a wedding she either arrives or doesn't...won't break my heart :P

I just don't mention it at all, haven't got the job yet :) Can't count the chickens before they hatch eh! Been further in this process before and here I am again.

There was some initial planning but due to work and rushour I can't be there early enough for one plan so it's been brought closer because she was going to be towards my end anyway if I'm going to be later but it's not confirmed as she works a lot and is working on Saturday as well so not sure yet.

Female translation is probably more along the lines of: Never met you like this before, it's a first date, so wondering if I should really.

She's letting me know tonight, it's just a first date not a wedding she either arrives or doesn't...won't break my heart :P

"towards my end".

Can't believe you typed that with a straight face!! And that mop didn't pick up on that...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I haven't really been paying attention. Don't like the thought of the dear john letter I'm getting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

Mop a top wrote: »

Just say whatever you were doing last or are qualified to do last. People will assume you didn't quit ?

I am wondering this about how and when do you tell the truth and how do you know that this person who might be normal and agreeable in every way doesnt throw a wobbler if you suddenly reveal yourself as a cop ? lol

"towards my end".

Can't believe you typed that with a straight face!! And that mop didn't pick up on that...

Dirty mind! :P

She was nice actually, not sure about physical attraction in terms of my type but 3.5hrs flew by, never met somebody I have so much in common with.

Mop a top you won't get a dear john letter, in fact I can guarantee it!

(because we get emailed LOL)

No but seriously we all feel like that, this time around I don't care, do my best if I pass I pass.

If i get in though...I will have a permanent creepy smile smeared on my face for...at least 5-10 years finally being in my dream job, that's when it will sink in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

Have i totally missed something here .. Are we talking actual dates?? Im lost and confused!!!

And Mop .. Keep the chin up my lovely xx

LG1985 wrote: »
    Have i totally missed something here .. Are we talking actual dates?? Im lost and confused!!!

And Mop .. Keep the chin up my lovely xx

Yea, we're waiting till september remember, got to fillup the time haha....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

Yea, we're waiting till september remember, got to fillup the time haha....

Iv missed a trick then!! Lol!!

Dirty mind! :P

She was nice actually, not sure about physical attraction in terms of my type but 3.5hrs flew by, never met somebody I have so much in common with.

Mop a top you won't get a dear john letter, in fact I can guarantee it!

(because we get emailed LOL)

No but seriously we all feel like that, this time around I don't care, do my best if I pass I pass.

If i get in though...I will have a permanent creepy smile smeared on my face for...at least 5-10 years finally being in my dream job, that's when it will sink in :)

The physical attraction might come tho when ya get to know a bit better maybe??

But you planning on meeting again?

Before you ask...no my life isn't really boring...I just like to know what's going on!! :)

Before you ask...no my life isn't really boring...I just like to know what's going on!! :)

Yea yea ;)

She wanted to the Sunday after but I was busy, maybe on the weekend who knows, I'm a free fish in the sea these days...

September feels a long way away :/

My local force are recruiting but they're another one of these forces that seem to favour the more fortunate, the CKP course requirement that's common here on the mainland, it costs a couple thousand, 2years fulltime, and no gaurantee of even getting into the police and you can't use it for anything else really....people like me need to work fulltime so can't afford to do it so we're ruled out in applying :/

Seperates the force from the community it's supposed to serve if you ask me...at least with the IT req last year you had time to get it...

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Yea yea ;)

She wanted to the Sunday after but I was busy, maybe on the weekend who knows, I'm a free fish in the sea these days...

September feels a long way away :/

My local force are recruiting but they're another one of these forces that seem to favour the more fortunate, the CKP course requirement that's common here on the mainland, it costs a couple thousand, 2years fulltime, and no gaurantee of even getting into the police and you can't use it for anything else really....people like me need to work fulltime so can't afford to do it so we're ruled out in applying :/

Seperates the force from the community it's supposed to serve if you ask me...at least with the IT req last year you had time to get it...

MOD Police are recruiting, pretty sure that course isn't a requirement.

Cromlech wrote: »
    MOD Police are recruiting, pretty sure that course isn't a requirement.

Already got bumped on competency quesions :/ 6months till I can try again haha

Already got bumped on competency quesions :/ 6months till I can try again haha

Awww that's rubbish, hopefully you get this one and won't need to reapply for it.

Same thing happened with me when I applied for the Prison Service in England.

Yea I thought mine were good, they just said no, I had to ask for some feedback, finally got it and really wasn't much point, call that feedback, don't think so...

So in 6months time I really have no idea what needed improving...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-28687620

Just seen this there, if this isn't resolved by those two parties and they don't set their petty differences aside, then this country is going to go to pot, the chief con said at 2.9% cuts to the PSNI budget this will effect directly and people will notice the impact and will cease recruitment but this new budget cut would be 4.4% this would bury the PSNI and they're on their knees as we speak already. Nothing is ever straight forward when it comes to NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭crinkley

Well to be fair it's SF and SDLP that won't pass the welfare reform, once again people who actually work and pay tax must take the biggest hit. I'd be very surprised if those starting in September onwards on the previous campaign aren't on 19k, they need to make savings and this seems like a quick and easy way

crinkley wrote: »
    Well to be fair it's SF and SDLP that won't pass the welfare reform, once again people who actually work and pay tax must take the biggest hit. I'd be very surprised if those starting in September onwards on the previous campaign aren't on 19k, they need to make savings and this seems like a quick and easy way

True mate, I just don't understand why everything is made so difficult and those that are involved it's only their personal agenda and that's fine but these actions impact as you say the working folk who pay their taxes, the pay scales weren't actually signed off from the DOJ until 2 days ago as I was told by a serving officer, so I won't be surprised if people are informed that no matter what from Sept onwards it's 19k.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭canuck_copper

To think that with the 19k pay rate psni officers will be earning only £1000 less than a infantry soldier just out of training

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭alwayshungry

To think that with the 19k pay rate psni officers will be earning only £1000 less than a infantry soldier just out of training

This pay cut hasn't been confirmed for the first or second campaign - cutting the salary to 19k was a suggestion but as far as I know is not currently being implemented - until you've a contract in front of you I wouldn't jump to conclusions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

The agreement on the new pay & conditions was signed off by the DOJ recently, so it's a definite for campaign two.

Campaign one is a guessing game. The document says 19k from September 2014. HR have recently said it won't affect campaign one applicants and only applies to campaign two. To confuse matters further, a friend of mine contacted PFNI who stated anyone starting past September 2014 will be on 19k.

We'll find out soon enough.

Apparently an infantry soldier only earns more than 19k at level 4, which takes approximately 6 months to complete each level up to level 3 and a year to reach level 4.

Source - serving Sgt, but he could be mistaken, can't really be sure.

Even still, I think 19k is still a pretty good salary when starting out in a job, so I'd happily take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Another article on the potential budget cuts if anyone's interested:

http://citybeat.co.uk/?p=10322

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-28699717

This article is Adams talking about the turmoil Stormont is in, it's total BS we could miss out on 87 mil of government spending if this isn't resolved and my worse fear is, maybe sounding selfish as other things will be affected, that psni recruitment would be suspended.

The article Sthm posted there puts a lot into perspective with 20 leaving a month, and the fact the first intake in Garnerville are about half way through. The rate that officers are leaving, recruitment for new boots isn't as quick to combat the shortages all that's happening now is those in Garnerville are topping up those that have left within the past say four months. Hopeful all will work out, until then I have my fingers and toes crossed.

Does anyone know the actual number of bodies in Garnerville as we speak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭canuck_copper

Does anyone know the actual number of bodies in Garnerville as we speak?

Just based on what I've heard on these boards they are taking in on average 45 people each intake...intakes started in May I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Just based on what I've heard on these boards they are taking in on average 45 people each intake...intakes started in May I think?

There's a wee bit over 100 in with another 42 starting from intake 4 in a few weeks' time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Around the 100 mark as mentioned above. It's getting busy in the college!

Advertisement