Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Recruitment!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

Mop a top wrote: »
    OMG where are you guys finding these pathetic women?!?! You all need a good clash round the ears. Ever hear that saying "behind every great man is a good woman"??? Kick her sorry ass to the kerb whether you get the job or not, she should be supporting you and your choices and if not I'll bitch slap her for you (provided I don't get in lol)

Totally agree!! I hear ya sista!! Lol!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

rocky911 wrote: »
    Wonder is the college like temple more where there's more riding then a stables :P :L

You need to read another feed and several pages back, the craic was mighty with the rumours of extra curricular activities lol

LG1985 wrote: »
    Totally agree!! I hear ya sista!! Lol!!

Knew you would my lovely!! That's only cos we've got our heads screwed on and are decent girls lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

You need to read another feed and several pages back, the craic was mighty with the rumours of extra curricular activities lol

Haha I say I'm a bit too innocent for that lol

OMG where are you guys finding these pathetic women?!?! You all need a good clash round the ears. Ever hear that saying "behind every great man is a good woman"??? Kick her sorry ass to the kerb whether you get the job or not, she should be supporting you and your choices and if not I'll bitch slap her for you (provided I don't get in lol)

Hahah era I prefer the northern accent anyway :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

I have just read about those activities. Can I just sign in now and wait there? Think the time may go quicker!lol

As for the partner not being supportive...I know where you are coming from but we had "the chat" and now it's more that they worry and don't like it but wouldn't hold me back in what I wanted to do. Job done! :)

Knew you would my lovely!! That's only cos we've got our heads screwed on and are decent girls lol

Of course we are :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but does anyone know roughly how many applied for this campaign that has just opened?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sgtsnowy

Just got my date fellas absolute relief since I'm away twice this summer and it's just after I get back!just read the stuff about the pay scales too...yeah it's sucks but if your passionate about the job it shouldn't matter!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but does anyone know roughly how many applied for this campaign that has just opened?

I applied on the last day around 15:00 and my UID is 49**, I think I saw someone saying theirs was closer to 6000 but I could be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

Yup, every time you get back into your vehicle. You also don't openly tell anyone you are a Cop like you can in the south. You live a secret life.

Is it straightforward to check a vehicle discreetly or do you have to pretend you dropped a coin/use a mirror ?

If you have a motorbike are you a lot safer or does this just change the risks without reducing them ?

How long do you have to be dating someone before you can tell them you are a cop ? Do some of them react negatively when they find out ? I imagine it is a potential minefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

If successful you'll be issued with a high tech device* with which to check under your vehicle for ied's and the like.

*mirror on a stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭PutItDown

When I did airport security in a far away land(Africa) our mirror on a stick was on a wheel so you wheel it around 360...might make it easier for you ;)

There was a report recently of an ex cop(NI) still doing that check and he did actually find a device and the fact he was still on top of his checks saved him and his sons life...wasn't long ago i saw that news piece...

They're everywhere, I always wonder the same thing when i see people not really meant to be with each other, but it's hard to remove yourself from a life thats so interlinked, everything from the rent to car insurance to water bills relies on the both of us...it's not as simple as moving out because im still liable for money etc, also my car insurance goes up, also i live near a work colleague that frequently needs lifts, i wont be able to if I move as the only place to go is back to family...it's a large web of crap I'm going to have to deal with, I'll have to see if she'll talk sometime soon...

PutItDown wrote: »
    When I did airport security in a far away land(Africa) our mirror on a stick was on a wheel so you wheel it around 360...might make it easier for you ;)

There was a report recently of an ex cop(NI) still doing that check and he did actually find a device and the fact he was still on top of his checks saved him and his sons life...wasn't long ago i saw that news piece...

The old RUC boys got electronic anti tampering devices for their cars.. saved a load of lives and recently read an article where a ex cop expected the PSNI to reissue these after Ronan Kerr's murder. some hope I say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

Dekkers wrote: »
    If successful you'll be issued with a high tech device* with which to check under your vehicle for ied's and the like.

*mirror on a stick.

Take one of those out though and you immediately tell anyone with eyes that you are a cop. The best defense is anonymity. I guess it's a catch 22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

popolive wrote: »
    Take one of those out though and you immediately tell anyone with eyes that you are a cop. The best defense is anonymity. I guess it's a catch 22

No, its designed so that it can be hidden in the trouser leg, you flick your leg way out to your left or right and the mirror pops out at the ankle. To retrieve the mirror, you need to violenty shake your leg.

It's the violent leg shake that is the give away.

No, its designed so that it can be hidden in the trouser leg, you flick your leg way out to your left or right and the mirror pops out at the ankle. To retrieve the mirror, you need to violenty shake your leg.

Think Il invest in a camel or a horse..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Think Il invest in a camel or a horse..

Wise investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

Dekkers wrote: »

*mirror on a stick.

Or keep dropping you're keys. Whoops I'm so clumsy

Or tie the shoes every morning beside then car whilst looking for the house cat that escaped lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

No matter how discreet you are, it's inevitable that some people will find out. From neighbours wondering when they see you leaving the house at all hours, to being spotted in uniform or word of mouth from loose lips.

Have family who were in the RUC, so I'm aware of the security implications but also that despite how careful you are there will always be people who catch on. I know I'd rather ensure my vehicle was free from booby traps than worry about any neighbours seeing me checking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭PutItDown

Get a garage nobody will see you checking till your hearts content every morning

Get a garage nobody will see you checking till your hearts content every morning

Or a stables if you go with my idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Juicy432

Or get the missus to check for you:p

Juicy432 wrote: »
    Or get the missus to check for you:p

I like your style.. could solve a few problems :L :L I joke :D

My friend has a sloped drive, apparently it makes it harder to attach devices if the cars on a slope. Move house is his suggestion lol although I'm fairly keen on the horse!!! He said the hours you're working most normal people aren't up so he can have a snoop around his and her car before he goes to work

My friend has a sloped drive, apparently it makes it harder to attach devices if the cars on a slope. Move house is his suggestion lol although I'm fairly keen on the horse!!! He said the hours you're working most normal people aren't up so he can have a snoop around his and her car before he goes to work

Interesting.. live on a hill so hah, one thing that puzzles me what about going out doing the shopping etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

anyone seen the naked gun? We will be getting the standard issue "Swiss army shoe" aswell!!

Interesting.. live on a hill so hah, one thing that puzzles me what about going out doing the shopping etc

Drop ur keys!!

So many rude things coming into my head lmfao!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

LG1985 wrote: »
    Drop ur keys!!

just don't drop a bar of soap.......

Advertisement