Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Recruitment!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭psnihopeful

I done the IST during the last recruitment process and it is so different on the day! There are more questions and more reading in the passages! I am so determined to beat the test this time!! Hate how difficult it is to get into the PSNI grr!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

The easiest marks are the spelling and grammar ones (if you have a good grasp of that kind of thing) Some of the grammar ones are things that people commonly say in their every day speech without knowing it's not correct - there is one in your post (saying 'I done' instead of 'I did') I'm not saying that to be condescending by the way - I know things can be perceived wrong on these kind of forums!! Just trying to point out how to get the easier marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭psnihopeful

Thank you 19087:)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭PutItDown

Have you put your thoughts in an email to Deloitte?lol

I am drafting a 963 page times new roman font size 8 document on the reasons why I should just be given the job now and not require any further testing ;)

Line 1: I'm awesome.
    Line 2: Did you read line 1? Seriously?
    Line 3: Damn, do you really need to continue reading?
    I done the IST during the last recruitment process and it is so different on the day! There are more questions and more reading in the passages! I am so determined to beat the test this time!! Hate how difficult it is to get into the PSNI grr!!!!

It's a long costly process for me, but I'd love the job seriously I want it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

PutItDown wrote: »
    I am drafting a 963 page times new roman font size 8 document on the reasons why I should just be given the job now and not require any further testing ;)

Already tried it with references. They said I was a reason short but they'd think about it lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

It's a long costly process for me, but I'd love the job seriously I want it...

I tried it to actually so why wouldn't they give us a job??

My line 4: I look sexy as in uniform
    Line 5: yes I am happy to see you but seriously that is my baton

Lmfao!!!!!!! I choked on my cup of tea reading that!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

I actually spat my drink out laughin at that!!! :p

Is it time to start speculating on scheduling yet, I don't think we've ever figured out the formula yet.

I reckon it's dependant on the number of eyelashes you have to how quickly the stages come for you....I think I'm onto something, I'll put myself forward for any detective courses now, saves time later on I'm obviously one clever s.o.b.

Think it's to do with the number of beauty spots or freckles you have. It's the Dr's fault in the medical!!!!

• Advertisement

In the end my partner who wouldn't support me trying to get into the PSNI left me on Monday night, however she's now deliberately made a malicious and false accusation against me directly to the PSNI to try and stop me getting in....

This is sick...makes me feel ill that somebody can be that hateful towards me, anyone know what I can do? I will go through all of this process now and could fail vetting right at the end for something like this...

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭crinkley

In the end my partner who wouldn't support me trying to get into the PSNI left me on Monday night, however she's now deliberately made a malicious and false accusation against me directly to the PSNI to try and stop me getting in....

This is sick...makes me feel ill that somebody can be that hateful towards me, anyone know what I can do? I will go through all of this process now and could fail vetting right at the end for something like this...

No way that's pure evil, surely false accusations won't throw ya at the vetting considering the police realise that. Have you talked to the psni yet about her allegations?

crinkley wrote: »
    No way that's pure evil, surely false accusations won't throw ya at the vetting considering the police realise that. Have you talked to the psni yet about her allegations?

Yea if it was made official that it was false it shouldn't stop anything, but all there is now is an allegation that I'm violent, it is pure evil, not even the local force(not psni where we live) she went DIRECT to the PSNI deliberately, I believe they passed it back to the local force to investigate and when things heated up she thought better and said she wasn't taking it further...

Now I've got this black mark on my name I need to do something about it, but no I haven't told PSNI yet, I know their vetting department are quick to answer the phone I've called them in the past but in the past the answer was that until they vet you...who knows what they'll decide...

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Yea if it was made official that it was false it shouldn't stop anything, but all there is now is an allegation that I'm violent, it is pure evil, not even the local force(not psni where we live) she went DIRECT to the PSNI deliberately, I believe they passed it back to the local force to investigate and when things heated up she thought better and said she wasn't taking it further...

Now I've got this black mark on my name I need to do something about it, but no I haven't told PSNI yet, I know their vetting department are quick to answer the phone I've called them in the past but in the past the answer was that until they vet you...who knows what they'll decide...

This is unreal. I'm so sorry you've been victimised in this way. From what I gather the PSNI would be more concerned with convictions rather than baseless accusations. You also have the opportunity to explain anything pertaining to a criminal record and if your local force has resolved the issue it will be on record that the allegation was false.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

What a disgrace.

I think I remember you saying you were from across the water? First off, contact your local police and explain the situation.

Secondly, contact a solicitor in your neck of the woods. Not sure how Legal Aid or fee structures work on the mainland, but you could pursue a civil claim against her. The matter probably wouldn't go anywhere with respect to recovering any damages, but it may make her think twice next time along with an explanation that any further potential harassment/defamation will be reported to the police.

(The above is just general advice and not intended as legal advice obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

That's messed up man and like said before pure evil I think if anything does come up appeal it but I think your ex may leave herself exposed to being charged for wasting police time and false accusations and the fact she went deliberately to the psni first and not the local police would and be seen as suspicious and stand against her, and will look as an attempt to cause malicious harm. I hope it works out bud and I have faith it will, it's such a shame that someone you trusted before has resulted to something so low as this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

after reading that, all i can say is WTF? How can someone be so nasty? Accusations like that will never be upheld, best rid of someone like that. Sorry bout the previous post there, only half of it appeared?? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

I cant believe this!! Im so sorry buddy!! :(

What a total bitch!!! I'm really sorry to hear that. I think you should get it all cleared up with your local force and see what the craic is. Also when you get the vetting forms disclose EVERYTHING!!! Include as much detail about the events and the break up, I'm assuming there is one after that, it mightn't seem relevant but it will give them a better idea of what actually happened and when they call the local force and see that nothing's come of it fingers crossed you'll get through and can rub it in the b**ches face that it never worked. Failing that if I don't get in send me her address and I'll sort her out lol. Chin up my lovely, don't let her get you down, concentrate on getting through it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

At least you found out how she is now and not years down the line. If it's clear that it was a false accusation then I don't see any issue. Explain all to vetting and hopefully they will see through her hopeless lies. If nothing happened regarding it then that would also go in your favour.

If it bothers you so much that you don't want to progress (which I hope it doesn't) then go and kick her in the "who ha" and give her something solid to make allegations of lol

Sorry to hear this :(

• Advertisement

Cheers guys I will try pull it together and do my IST anyways, she was against the PSNI last time when I did my assessment I took her to ireland thinking it's a bit of a break but she was negative the whole time about that as well.

I've rung my local force they've said to ignore it, carry on as usual...basically what I thought they would say, can't do anything unless it's brought up in the process and then will have to deal it as and when.

They did agree its against her how she doesnt ring the local force, she rings ireland who don't have any jurisdiction...shows it was deliberate attack on my character hopefully...

all of this right before my IST, I literally fly out very soon and it's costing me £££

You see when you board that plane you just leave everything behind you. You land here in NI as "Soon to be Constable.......of PSNI" don't give the bitch or any of the other **** a second thought as soon as you set foot on that plane. That's mainland **** not NI **** lol. Good luck x

Ps I'm having a laugh at boards ***ing out s**t but not bitch lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Cheers guys I will try pull it together and do my IST anyways, she was against the PSNI last time when I did my assessment I took her to ireland thinking it's a bit of a break but she was negative the whole time about that as well.

I've rung my local force they've said to ignore it, carry on as usual...basically what I thought they would say, can't do anything unless it's brought up in the process and then will have to deal it as and when.

They did agree its against her how she doesnt ring the local force, she rings ireland who don't have any jurisdiction...shows it was deliberate attack on my character hopefully...

all of this right before my IST, I literally fly out very soon and it's costing me £££

If you can mate forget about her I know that's easier said than done, focus on the IST and when you get in you'll be able to start a new life with your PSNI fam who will have your back come rain or shine :D just stay the course and keep focused the best way possible especially if your spending your hard earned dough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Have been trying to stay off here this time round, has anyone done their IST yet or have it coming up soon?

Yeah, I done mine on Saturday there. A couple of us posted in the IST thread.

Sthm wrote: »
    Yeah, I done mine on Saturday there. A couple of us posted in the IST thread.

Cheers I'll have a look in there, I've only been on here a few times since hearing about recruitment starting again I'm trying to take a different approach this time around

No worries - wasn't sure whether to keep posting in here or on the IST thread.

You up soon?

Sthm wrote: »
    No worries - wasn't sure whether to keep posting in here or on the IST thread.

You up soon?

Hard to know this thread always seems to go off the beaten track but other ones seem to get little attention sometimes lol

I'm up tomorrow actually but don't know how ill get on as I haven't done very much work for it this time! I'm hoping it will be a different version of the test from last time, missed it by 1 mark :/

• Advertisement

Timetravel wrote: »
    Hard to know this thread always seems to go off the beaten track but other ones seem to get little attention sometimes lol

I'm up tomorrow actually but don't know how ill get on as I haven't done very much work for it this time! I'm hoping it will be a different version of the test from last time, missed it by 1 mark :/

Haha, it's hard to keep track of these threads at times. Although, it seems a lot quieter on here this campaign when compared with last year.

Good luck for the test.

I'd mentioned on the IST thread that, at least for me, I find it almost impossible to gauge how I've performed. Same feelings as last time round really. Unfortunately, it's also a long couple of months until results.

Advertisement