Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Recruitment!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tailsy25088832

Mop a top wrote: »
    Good to see I'm not the only one lol

Just dont drop the soap too often,people will talk.lol

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tailsy25088832

Thanks my lovelies. It's just that whole car thing has got me thinking that's all. They're obviously in 5 point harnesses due to their ages so it's not like they could get out. Just dawned on me that there's risks for them too, until that car convo started it was me, my job, my career, my life. Still going for it though. Just making me look at it differently now. Thanks for all the advice though x

Chin up girl.the fact you have wee ones will make you do it routinely anyway so no need to worry.deterants like parking under a security light will deter even your motivated terrorist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

I was supposed to get an email yesterday about the time date and venue for the initial selection test. I didnt get one. Anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭PutItDown

I'm not gonna lie I was really surprised to hear they had IST's in England etc I know they did IST's down south, I'm not sure if they have ever done IST's other than here and down south prior to this recruitment. It's gonna be all down to finances, last campaign in advertising, test centres etc it cost in the region of 1.1 million pounds (on the psni main website) so it's all about money.

The deal with the ICT qualifications I don't even know why they had to make that a requirement, I know policing now is very much technically advanced with computer assistance built into patrol cars, but a lot is just trial and error and learning on the go I suppose. I was told it was a disaster regarding the ICT certs so they pulled it out, possibly a Deloitte incompetence deal lol.

I understand they're costly but think about this, my mainland IST was full....not half not 1/4 it was full, there was a demand for it, despite being mainland I am still an Irish citizen...

even if they made it so there was only 1 centre in mainland, I think it would be filled up and it would save me a lot of money, IST mainland and Assessment mainland could potentially get them a hell of a lot more interest, whether they like it or not I think the mainland have a big population and many of the forces here arn't recruiting, if they made it easier for people here there would be takers.

Just my 2 cents...

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

I was supposed to get an email yesterday about the time date and venue for the initial selection test. I didnt get one. Anyone else in the same boat?

Have you checked the junk mail folder? Some of the previous emails went in there. Not all but some...no idea why!

• Advertisement

Have you checked the junk mail folder? Some of the previous emails went in there. Not all but some...no idea why!

Did that there man cheers"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

Did that there man cheers"

The first email you get advises you to add some emails to your whitelist.

Anything arriving in Junkmail after that point would be the fault of your email provider

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Squishe92

Hello all! Might be a silly question; but what kind of dress do you wear to the IST?

Many thanks + best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Has been answered in the IST thread already. Wear the clothes you would wear as if you were heading to the shop or cinema! If you pass the IST it is the next stage that requires formal wear !

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Squishe92

Has been answered in the IST thread already. Wear the clothes you would wear as if you were heading to the shop or cinema! If you pass the IST it is the next stage that requires formal wear !

Ah! Apologies! Thanks for the response!

• Advertisement

Yea IST is just written exam type thing in a hall, they're not monitoring dress really, but doesn't hurt to always try and make an impression rather than try look mediocre....people generally wore shirt and tie at mine in the last campaign...

Making an impression at the IST doesn't make sense really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Each to their own DC, I went smart casual :P

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Yep. No impression to be made at IST. Wear something comfortable.

Somebody didn't even bother with a suit at my AC. Can't help but wonder what they must've thought of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

My IST from last campaign had a mixture of formal and casual, leaned more towards the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Anyone know if there are a few sittings of the IST on any given day i.e 9am, 1pm, 4 pm etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

Yes, about 5 or 6 a day

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

Yeah theres a good few every day.

Cheers was going to l drive up on the morning of it and 9am. Be a bit of a balls to be there for

rocky911 wrote: »
    Cheers was going to l drive up on the morning of it and 9am. Be a bit of a balls to be there for

Just in case you dont know, you're still going to have to go to that session unless they change your time for you.

• Advertisement

Just in case you dont know, you're still going to have to go to that session unless they change your time for you.

Il give them a shout there to see the sceal, era worth a shot anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/give-us-more-police-officers-or-lose-control-of-the-streets-warns-terry-spence-30393193.html

Just Some news I was reading in the telegraph yesterday folks, big article on the new Chief Con. Interesting read, but the Chairman, Terry Spence, of the PFNI's statement was all the more interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/give-us-more-police-officers-or-lose-control-of-the-streets-warns-terry-spence-30393193.html

Just Some news I was reading in the telegraph yesterday folks, big article on the new Chief Con. Interesting read, but the Chairman, Terry Spence, of the PFNI's statement was all the more interesting.

Yeah but will they actually listen?? Be interesting to see what they reply back, if anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Yeah but will they actually listen?? Be interesting to see what they reply back, if anything

Yeah true, it's getting to the point were they are going to have to, those on the merit list, just waiting for the call, likes of yourself Mop are all just going to be topping up those they are losing through natural wastage, I was told roughly they're losing 20 officers a month at this moment through natural wastage and other reasons, and there is a lot of officers who are in the position were they have done their 30 years plus and all they need to do is hand in their 28 days notice and they're gone. I do believe they will take on more than required, providing finances become available and stay available, I suppose time will explain all.

They should just hire me right now don't you think?

I'm going to have to say my idea is rather good...if I say so myself...

I'm sure they would save a lot of money(and me) just letting AC failures like me just retake AC and go from there...

Anyhoo I've had to book a flight and now looking for accommodation...I think last time I did IST it was the final part of it I didn't do well in...need to get that one better this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

PutItDown wrote: »
    They should just hire me right now don't you think?

I'm going to have to say my idea is rather good...if I say so myself...

I'm sure they would save a lot of money(and me) just letting AC failures like me just retake AC and go from there...

Anyhoo I've had to book a flight and now looking for accommodation...I think last time I did IST it was the final part of it I didn't do well in...need to get that one better this time.

Have you put your thoughts in an email to Deloitte?lol

Its weird..I do not meant to be arrogant or rude but I applied for this process as to a kind " sure wel give it a go attitude " but woke up this morning determined to beat the system.. lol anyone else get days like this ?

Its weird..I do not meant to be arrogant or rude but I applied for this process as to a kind " sure wel give it a go attitude " but woke up this morning determined to beat the system.. lol anyone else get days like this ?

Im the same man. I appilied out of frustration for not getting into the cops in the South of Ireland but now im determined to get thou to the Assessment Stage no matter what the cost!!! Studyin like a little nerd so i am!!

Speaking of which you know the aptitude test that was posted on the PSNI website. will the IST be the exact same format or will it be longer, with more questions etc??

• Advertisement

Christ..would want to work on the spelling !

Advertisement