Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

hallo dare wrote: »
    Have you it all set to your liking? I was having an issue getting the permanent timeshift to work, i set it for operation but it never kicked in. May also be something that was sorted in one of the more recent updates.

Wouldn't say 100% to my liking but getting there.I still need to install samba and a few other bits.

Permanent timeshift works for me. Have you mounted the drive? Can you see your recordings on your drive when you press folder?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Fresh Pots wrote:
    Must have missed that, what problems? Don't think its causing my box any problems. Whatever was causing it may have been fixed in one of the updates.

The skin 'appeared' but was very slow, I had problems going back to default skin then, the stb hung when trying to. I read of a similar incident over at sattvhelp.

Reflashed the image again. I'll try the blue hd skin again later, software updates applied, hopefully better luck this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Wouldn't say 100% to my liking but getting there.I still need to install samba and a few other bits.

Permanent timeshift works for me. Have you mounted the drive? Can you see your recordings on your drive when you press folder?

Not so bad, you're nearly there so!

Yeah, drive's mounted and i can access and play all recordings but just no PTS. Will have a look again Monday or so when i get the tele to myself. I'm sure it's just something small causing the issue.

The skin 'appeared' but was very slow, I had problems going back to default skin then, the stb hung when trying to. I read of a similar incident over at sattvhelp.

Reflashed the image again. I'll try the blue hd skin again later, software updates applied, hopefully better luck this time.

Did the frankensky work for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Here is a backup with today's build 26th July 2014 saved at 720p for those of you who are having blank screen problems.
    720pinfo_zpsd80fb731.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cw5zdincnc4dowv/AABMhhn74vc_kBTjMhuQ99Uba

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭championc

I've everything working which I had previously in OpenAR-P except HDMI-CEC. I might just have to concede defeat on this one small item - which I know is not a biggie at all. The only thing I haven't tried was putting the box in Standby for hours and hours and for the TV to then take it out of Standby and to hope the box continued to work correctly. But other than this, i'm quite happy with this, it seems quite stable all round.

I also never tested the scanning or Terrestrial channels on an AA2+ so I'm not sure if it's working okay on for the DVB-T2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

championc wrote: »
    I've everything working which I had previously in OpenAR-P except HDMI-CEC. I might just have to concede defeat on this one small item - which I know is not a biggie at all. The only thing I haven't tried was putting the box in Standby for hours and hours and for the TV to then take it out of Standby and to hope the box continued to work correctly. But other than this, i'm quite happy with this, it seems quite stable all round.

I also never tested the scanning or Terrestrial channels on an AA2+ so I'm not sure if it's working okay on for the DVB-T2

so my big question is do you recommend this over your ARP? i have had feck all issues from yours except for some very minor crashing issues when doing multiple recordings and playback which im sure is a hard drive or box issue rather than the image? i dont use any plugins really, just samba and oscam at the mo

how.gareth wrote: »
    so my big question is do you recommend this over your ARP? i have had feck all issues from yours except for some very minor crashing issues when doing multiple recordings and playback which im sure is a hard drive or box issue rather than the image? i dont use any plugins really, just samba and oscam at the mo

I'd stick with ARP for now. Open ATV is still a bit glitchy. Hold off another while and wait for a release canditate. That would be my advice anyway.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    I'd stick with ARP for now. Open ATV is still a bit glitchy. Hold off another while and wait for a release canditate. That would be my advice anyway.

ok cheers thats all i needed to hear! i was afraid i was missing out and would be left behind as usual, i will try keep up to date with developments, thanks again, nigel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Flashed the latest Open Atv today and reverted again to my Hyperion backup, it's better than it was last time, Oscam and CrossEPG worked but it's still a bit off being a daily runner. I'll try again next week

• Advertisement

how.gareth wrote: »

That's a tough one. The main issue is that they could end up breaking something which works now. But right now, it's doing everything I want it to do, it's unleashed on the family, and they haven't turned on me yet :)

The one thing I am really most pleased about is that I have the volume of SD and HD both equal. I could never do this in AR-P

Champion, did you get the mymetrix skin looking nice with picons. I'd like to keep the skin or some variant of it but would like to have normal sized picons

i will stick with yours for now, if it aint broke and all that! i still suffer terribly with the low volume on the movie channels but have given up on that :o

Champion, did you get the mymetrix skin looking nice with picons. I'd like to keep the skin or some variant of it but would like to have normal sized picons

If mymetrix is the default skin, then yes

championc wrote: »

Care to explain what you changed

Care to explain what you changed

Just create a picons folder in the same place as in all other images :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ovi2ukas

Hi I have amiko alien 2 triple enigma 2 champion image I need help to setup oscam step by step,i had HDMU before on mgcamd how to put mgcamd line to oscam?
    Thank You for help

ovi2ukas wrote: »
    Hi I have amiko alien 2 triple enigma 2 champion image I need help to setup oscam step by step,i had HDMU before on mgcamd how to put mgcamd line to oscam?
    Thank You for help

Not allowed to be discussed here, thanks.

To add Rats picons to skin just FTP usr folder in zip to usr folder in image and reboot, then go to plugins and download rats picons.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c62abvv54aea8rm/Rats%20Picons.zip

• Advertisement

givecredit wrote: »
    To add Rats picons to skin just FTP usr folder in zip to usr folder in image and reboot, then go to plugins and download rats picons.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c62abvv54aea8rm/Rats%20Picons.zip

Yeah I know that, it's just the mymetrix skin doesn't display them right

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Yeah I know that, it's just the mymetrix skin doesn't display them right

It seems strange that OpenATV have such a bloated and demanding skin as MyMetrix as the default skin.
    I stopped using it on the Dm800 as it was crippling the receiver ,its a very demanding skin as its essentially more than a skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Hi

Tried to ftp rats picons and saorview picons to openatv image. No problem connecting and transferring files to usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions.

Also tried to transfer to system plugins but the files won't stay when I reboot. Is openatv image not compatible with files?

lsjmhar wrote: »
    Hi

Tried to ftp rats picons and saorview picons to openatv image. No problem connecting and transferring files to usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions.

Also tried to transfer to system plugins but the files won't stay when I reboot. Is openatv image not compatible with files?
    The picons folder needs to be in usr/share/enigma2 on open ATV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Thanks. I was putting it wrong folder

Gave OpenATV another go today and this time it's a keeper. I'm still using the mymetrix skin for now although it makes the box a little sluggish and the small picon looks out of place. Anyone have any nice colour tweaks for it? It's great the way this skin contains so many plugins, CrossEPG, Autotimer, I've even spotted a auto bouquet maker though givecredit has autobouquets installed. Gonna back up oscam now and see if there any updates for it today.

Gonna back up oscam now and see if there any updates for it today.

No updates today. First day off since they started.

I've even spotted a auto bouquet maker though givecredit has autobouquets installed. Gonna back up oscam now and see if there any updates for it today.

I find that autobouquetmaker interferes with my saorview channels. Also with the swap and supplemental options in autobouquets my preferred option is autobouquets.

givecredit wrote: »
    I find that autobouquetmaker interferes with my saorview channels. Also with the swap and supplemental options in autobouquets my preferred option is autobouquets.

Auto bouquet maker also is missing a couple of channels. One of them being setanta Ireland. Never had a problem with AB e2 so I'll stick with that .

• Advertisement

Anyone know how you go forward 24 hours in CrossEPG in mymetrix?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement