Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

championc wrote: »

I also never tested the scanning or Terrestrial channels on an AA2+ so I'm not sure if it's working okay on for the DVB-T2

tried Openatv
    saorview tuning works fine on my dvb-t2 version

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

givecredit wrote: »
    I find that autobouquetmaker interferes with my saorview channels. Also with the swap and supplemental options in autobouquets my preferred option is autobouquets.

Are they both in the downloads?
    I only saw autobouquets e2, it didn't work for me :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

I'll be restoring my backup tomorrow, failed the missis test, too slow and glitchy. This image is just too heavy for this box with the mymetrix skin. CrossEpg is still freezing, gets stuck on parsing needs a reboot to fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Still struggling with rats picons.

Put the unzipped file in usr/share/enigma2 but the file is not appearing in plugins on openatv.

I assume I have to unzip the file before transfer?

lsjmhar wrote: »
    Still struggling with rats picons.

Put the unzipped file in usr/share/enigma2 but the file is not appearing in plugins on openatv.

I assume I have to unzip the file before transfer?

What file? Rats picon updater should be an itk. You copy it to /tmp then telnet to the box, cd /tmp and then opkg install enigmapluginname.ipk

The picons themselves go in usr/share/enigma2/picon

• Advertisement

I am confused. I downloaded file from boards and unzipped file.

I am left with usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/system plugins

There are four files there

_init_.py
    Maintainer.info
    Plugin.png
    Plugin.py

There is no ipk file and no icons

Do I have the wrong file?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I am confused. I downloaded file from boards and unzipped file.

I am left with usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/system plugins

There are four files there

_init_.py
    Maintainer.info
    Plugin.png
    Plugin.py

There is no ipk file and no icons

Do I have the wrong file?

Download this
    http://www.satelliteworldz.co.uk/?dl_name=enigma2-plugin-extensions-rats-picons_1.0_all.ipk

Ftp it over to the tmp folder and then install it in menu go to software management and install local extension

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭championc

I'll upload an image by tomorrow lunchtime :)

Did that but no joy. Did I need to unzip file before transferring to tmp folder?

What I looked in local extension there were no files available. I may try again tomorrow as I can see from the box the folder is correct.

Not sure what went wrong with ftp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Did that but no joy. Did I need to unzip file before transferring to tmp folder?

What I looked in local extension there were no files available. I may try again tomorrow as I can see from the box the folder is correct.

Not sure what went wrong with ftp.

The ipk file is fine as it is, you could download dream explorer from the downloadable plugins section on the box and use that to navigate to and install the ipk. Otherwise I'd say wait for champs image tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Cheers. I get the feeling it is something I did. Will try again tomorrow or work off new image. Thanks for help.

championc wrote: »
    I'll upload an image by tomorrow lunchtime :)

OK, here you go folks

http://goo.gl/j8y5fW

This image is working with the following plugins:-
    AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets (AutoUpdate turned OFF), CrossEPG (0.8.1) (AutoUpdate turned OFF), CoolTVGuide v7.0.0, Various Skins (Default Sky.NEW), all Picons, Rats Picons, OSCam v9810 (with blank sample C-Line and N-Line Readers), SDA1 already mounted as HDD (will also mount NTFS drives in addition to EXT3, PermanentTimeShift (Turned Off), OpenWebIf, Samba Server, Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel, OnDemand and separate RTE Player plugin and TSMedia. CrossEPG is also automatically flushed out once a week.

I've had two instances in the morning where the box is stuck on a channel. I don't know if it's because of Timer recordings or CrossEPG auto updates (which I have disabled as default now) so any feedback gratefully received.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Anyone redone their bouquet without HD channels etc and wanna share it with me......pleasssssse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Anyone redone their bouquet without HD channels etc and wanna share it with me......pleasssssse.

Just scan them on sd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Agueroooo wrote: »

You can patch autobouquets to only select the fta HD channels and the rest SD .
    File here
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AAAPFLhDJpNybO2wUQ6q9oUSa/Universal%20Plugins/Autobouquets%20HD%20channel%20replacement%20Lraizer%20mods.zip

Zardoz wrote: »

What's the point, picking SD in autobouquets lists SD but HD are listed too later in bouquets. Although we lost HD, some like BT Sport still work in HD. It's better to just make a Favourites bouquet with all RTE's, BBC's, ITV's, Ch4, E4, More4, Channel 5, and all the +1's, autobouquets will not touch it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Zardoz wrote: »

The version in feeds of openATV image has the patch built in. Set to custom 3.
    I believe it leaves BT HD, Film4hd in bouquets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

@ ChampionC
    Just tried your latest image. Crashes on boot, green screen says autobouquets issue. :(
    Thanks for the work though. For now I think I'll stick with Hyp4.

@ ChampionC
    Just tried your latest image. Crashes on boot, green screen says autobouquets issue. :(
    Thanks for the work though. For now I think I'll stick with Hyp4.

Strange one that. It does mean that it boots completely if you get a green screen so you would have the option to FTP into the box and delete the folder from /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/entensions (from memory)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Still on Hyper 4 AA2
    I tried rats picons and it works great lovley shiny new picons :-) used to have just pkt there

Then tried rats boquets and it wiped all my favorites :-( Bummer it replaced RTE 1 with BBC1 upwards
    lucky I had a backup that I made in dreambox edit

If I try autoboquets will it deffo leave my favorites alone ?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Technofobe wrote: »
    Still on Hyper 4 AA2
    I tried rats picons and it works great lovley shiny new picons :-) used to have just pkt there

Then tried rats boquets and it wiped all my favorites :-( Bummer it replaced RTE 1 with BBC1 upwards
    lucky I had a backup that I made in dreambox edit

If I try autoboquets will it deffo leave my favorites alone ?

Thanks

Autobouquets does not touch favourites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Autobouquets does not touch favourites
    Will give it a run now
    Cheers :-)

Getting Creating Hardlink to Timeshift file failed on Champions new image.

Filesystem does not support hardlinks

Make sure it is formatted in EXT2 or EXT4?

What does this mean? Will it affect recording?
    !

Getting Creating Hardlink to Timeshift file failed on Champions new image.

Filesystem does not support hardlinks

Make sure it is formatted in EXT2 or EXT4?

What does this mean? Will it affect recording?
    !

Your usb drive is best formatted in the linux filesystem EXT3, rather than Windows FAT32 or NTFS. You can do this in windows with Easus partition manager but you will wipe the drive so will need to backup and restore

Thanks. I am using lxle Linux as I have an old laptop. I assume I can format with gparted in Linux.

My disk is NTFS and seemed to Timeshift OK. You did have it inserted before you turned on the box - yes ?

Thanks. I am using lxle Linux as I have an old laptop. I assume I can format with gparted in Linux.

Yes, ext3 will even give better performance too

Not 100% sure if I did have it inserted or put it in after. I will wait til recording is finished and check.

Everything else is fine so I will sort this out later. Thanks very much for the image. More efficient than mymetrix openatv I had installed. That image lagged a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Was going to test out championc's new image last night but when I went to do backup of my current image, I didnt have the option to do backup.

So I assumed I must not have installed the e2 plugins from post 2, so did this and and they installed fine. Went to do backup again and same issue, no option to backup.

Anyone else ever have this issue?

• Advertisement

zefer wrote: »
    Was going to test out championc's new image last night but when I went to do backup of my current image, I didnt have the option to do backup.

So I assumed I must not have installed the e2 plugins from post 2, so did this and and they installed fine. Went to do backup again and same issue, no option to backup.

Anyone else ever have this issue?

Check your Spark plugins again. You'll have two of the e2upgrade plugins now so you need to use the other one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement