Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

What are the FTP login credentials for the new OpenATV image?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Nforce wrote: »
    What are the FTP login credentials for the new OpenATV image?

Username :root
    Password :pkteam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Just to show what I have tried here are some pics starting from the beginning, new image (Freshpots Hyperion V4).

Device connected:
    PCyqQzV.jpg

Enable Driver:
    OzxoTaT.jpg

Restart wifi:
    pnaL7In.jpg

Search for access points:
    ij9UuiU.jpg

Then I did a full reboot and it is now able to detect the device and access points but cannot connect to them.

Detecting APs in the wizard, but when I select one it just exits:
    ksKRDk6.jpg

Enabled in Setup-> system-> Network menu:
    HW64hSW.jpg

Run the wizard and I get this:
    k8ptXMh.jpg

Tried enabling drivers again, but makes no difference:
    Jr9o97S.jpg

I have also entered wifi details manually but it doesn't work.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

its not a big issue but id use wifi in the frontal usb where its not getting blocked as much

try going into network and re enter the ssid and password and select the correct encryption not using the wizard and then restart network from there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Cheers, itching to try this

Remember its a BETA image.

Since i installed it at 6pm yesterday until 10am this morning it had 4 online updates. Its work in progress. But for a beta its very stable.

No need for reflash to update image.

Go to setup/software management/software update to update image.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭topper1978

Flashed give credits latest OpenATV 4.1 image. Enigma would not boot up. Anyone else have this issue? Followed the instruction to the letter.

topper1978 wrote: »
    Flashed give credits latest OpenATV 4.1 image. Enigma would not boot up. Anyone else have this issue? Followed the instruction to the letter.

Worked for me. Flash again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

kc66 wrote: »
    it appears to be RALINK RT5370. Yes it works in spark.

May sound a bit mad but when your trying the wizard have you tried other keys to enter like the green button as sounds like maybe a mapping issue with the remote and the ok key is exiting

Ok I agree it does sound a bit mad ok :-)

hallo dare wrote: »
    Worked for me. Flash again

Tried 3 times with no joy. My back up image flashed with no issue. Weird?

• Advertisement

Tried 3 times with no joy. My back up image flashed with no issue. Weird?

And you're using a fat32 usb with an enigma2 folder in the root of the usb with both files in the folder?

And you're using a fat32 usb with an enigma2 folder in the root of the usb with both files in the folder?

Yes and the box is telling me it successfully updated. When I reboot in enigma nothing happens. Starting appears on the screen.......... The usb is works as I've used it to flashother images before and I successfully reflashed by backup image from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Format the usb key

Yes and the box is telling me it successfully updated. When I reboot in enigma nothing happens. Starting appears on the screen.......... The usb is works as I've used it to flashother images before and I successfully reflashed by backup image from it.

Do you have an alien 2 box or an alien 2+ box? Probably doesn't matter, but worth asking.

Format the usb key

That worked, thanks for the help.

To update openATV 4.1 backup go to Menu/Setup/Software Management/Software Update.

Major update last night.

uodate_zpsb88271ee.jpg

Gave openATV a spin. It's going to be amazing but is far too buggy to be a daily runner just yet. I struggled and failed to get Oscam working, CrossEPG crashed and it sometimes booted to a blank screen and needed a channel change for the tuner to work. I'll give it another go in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

cyndale wrote: »
    I've been using FreshPots Hyperion V4 image and it has suddenly got very 'buggy'!

It gets stuck on a channel and no amount of pushing buttons on the remote will shift it. I have turned it off and back on again and it works for a while again. When it is stuck on a channel it works perfectly except I can't change the channel or change the volume! Reverted to Spark for the moment!:eek:

I've reverted to FreshPots first Hyperion V4 (March) image and it has been as steady as a rock! Here's hoping!

Gave openATV a spin. It's going to be amazing but is far too buggy to be a daily runner just yet. I struggled and failed to get Oscam working, CrossEPG crashed and it sometimes booted to a blank screen and needed a channel change for the tuner to work. I'll give it another go in a few weeks.

Yes, I experience the Blank Screen too. It takes an extra circa 10secs for picture to kick in after rebooting sometimes.

Oscam and crossepg work fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

That openATV looks really nice

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

givecredit wrote: »
    To update openATV 4.1 backup go to Menu/Setup/Software Management/Software Update.

Major update last night.

uodate_zpsb88271ee.jpg

Is the VFD display working on it now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gleannboy

Having trouble with oscamm in open ATV4.1 anyone else?

gleannboy wrote: »
    Having trouble with oscamm in open ATV4.1 anyone else?

Struggled and failed with it myself but we cannot discuss it here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭championc

Is the VFD display working on it now ?

No joy :( It just says "boot" the whole time. It's the only flaw that I have noticed so far

championc wrote: »
    No joy :( It just says "boot" the whole time. It's the only flaw that I have noticed so far

Mines showing all the info, is the issue with the AA2+?

Mines showing all the info, is the issue with the AA2+?

No, there are 3 revision boxes, AA, AA+ and AA+ with new VFD

Yes, I experience the Blank Screen too. It takes an extra circa 10secs for picture to kick in after rebooting sometimes.

Oscam and crossepg work fine for me.

The blank screen issue has been fixed in last nights update. Image doing all I want it to do now.

The blank screen issue has been fixed in last nights update. Image doing all I want it to do now.

I see in other places lots of reports of oscam problems, this is a major deal breaker for me. I'll flash it again next time I get the time.

How is the sound? I use SPDIF and use the modded audio.elf file and the auto volume plugin, do I need it with this? Is it compatible?

I see in other places lots of reports of oscam problems, this is a major deal breaker for me. I'll flash it again next time I get the time.

How is the sound? I use SPDIF and use the modded audio.elf file and the auto volume plugin, do I need it with this? Is it compatible?

Oscam is fine. Many having problems because ATV do things differently. Its a learning process.

I use HDMI for audio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭championc

Whey hey, OpenATV rocks !!! They have fixed the VFD for the AA2+ and for newer versions of the AA too. Here's a photo of the AA2+ above an AA2, both displays being correct (OK, I know the time is wrong on one of them)

20140724_141328_zpsb037d50b.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement