Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

championc wrote: »
    Whey hey, OpenATV rocks !!! They have fixed the VFD for the AA2+ and for newer versions of the AA too. Here's a photo of the AA2+ above an AA2, both displays being correct (OK, I know the time is wrong on one of them)

Championc what image do you advise to use as of today. Have to reflash my mothers AA2 as it hasnt worked in 2 months.. just havent had time to fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Whey hey, OpenATV rocks !!! They have fixed the VFD for the AA2+ and for newer versions of the AA too. Here's a photo of the AA2+ above an AA2, both displays being correct (OK, I know the time is wrong on one of them)
    Did you carry on updating Givecredits image or do yours from scratch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Have the day off so I've been messing around with it today too. Lots of great features included in the image that I haven't came across in others. One interesting one is the CronTimers, with the right script we can easily delete the crossepg folder on a regular basis. Any ideas what the command would be champ?

Tried out the BlueHd skin from the plugin downloads section. Its a really nice sky skin for anyone who likes the sky skins.

Can see this image being great in the future. Big improvements in stability in the last few days, think I might actually stick with it now as its not green screening like it was the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

cd /pathtodirectory
    rm -v

Copy to a txt file, save it as filename.sh, make it executable by changing it to 755

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Did you carry on updating Givecredits image or do yours from scratch?

There have been so many changes/fixes in last week It would be best to built from scratch at this stage.

Somethings the online update can conflict with things that you may have "added manually" that are not supported by openATV. This can cause receiver to go into boot loop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

@givecredit
    "The blank screen issue has been fixed in last nights update. Image doing all I want it to do now."

After a reboot the screen stays on the Openatv boot screen for a while before switching to the picture.
    How do you update? Went into the updates and its confusing with the name of the files.

Otherwise a great image. Like the Ondemand working for RTE and TV3. Obsivously BBC, ITV and 4OD are not available.

thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

PadraigL wrote: »
    @givecredit
    "The blank screen issue has been fixed in last nights update. Image doing all I want it to do now."

After a reboot the screen stays on the Openatv boot screen for a while before switching to the picture.
    How do you update? Went into the updates and its confusing with the name of the files.

Otherwise a great image. Like the Ondemand working for RTE and TV3. Obsivously BBC, ITV and 4OD are not available.

thx
    Go into software update wait til it loads the list of updates, then press green and let it do its thing for a few minutes.

TuneIn radio is also in the ondemand plugin which I would use a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

So is it worth the switch yet peeps. Pretty content with setup at moment.
    From what I've read, this image is a game changer? Other than the on demand stuff etc what is going to change the game?

phobia2011 wrote: »
    So is it worth the switch yet peeps. Pretty content with setup at moment.
    From what I've read, this image is a game changer? Other than the on demand stuff etc what is going to change the game?

http://open-store.net/

In time you'll be able to link your box to the website and click download plugins from there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭championc

I've started from scratch. In that way, I knew exactly what I did and where rather than going through someone else's. I should hopefully have a copy ready for tomorrow evening for someone to test drive :) I'm trying to include exactly the same stuff that I had in the OpenAR-P image.

This OpenATV one is impressive just from all the customisations that you can make. An example of this is a simple but nice option is that you can choose whether time comes from a Transponder or an NTP server. I don't remember seeing that before. Auto Timer appears to have been built into the image too. There's a humungous number of plugins too

@Fresh Pots, for the weekly clearing, add the following to your Crontab. This clears the directory every Saturday at 2am

Telnet to your box
    crontab -e
    * 2 * * 6 rm /media/hdd/crossepg/*
    ESC
    :wq
    That's it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

PadraigL wrote: »
    @givecredit

thx

When you go into ondemand plugin, If you press menu button on your remote you get option to hide BBC, CH4, itv and ABCiview players from menu. What you do not see you will not miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Having huge problems using ftp. FileZilla will not connect to amiko alien 2 in either spark or enigma2.

It works once when I flash a new image and then never connects again. This is happening with laptops using linux, Mac OS and windows.

Cannot get ping or telnet from box and have connected to router to get correct IP address.

Is there something wrong with the box? I can stream through the Ethernet connection every time but have no ftp.

Cheers for any advice.

lsjmhar wrote: »
    Having huge problems using ftp. FileZilla will not connect to amiko alien 2 in either spark or enigma2.

It works once when I flash a new image and then never connects again. This is happening with laptops using linux, Mac OS and windows.

Cannot get ping or telnet from box and have connected to router to get correct IP address.

Is there something wrong with the box? I can stream through the Ethernet connection every time but have no ftp.

Cheers for any advice.

Are you sure you have the right ip and that it didn't get a different one in the new lease. Give it a static and try

Hi

Same IP address with root and pkteam as passwords on champions Hyperion v4 image.

I am baffled by it. Is there some ftp setting in the box?

I have scoured the net and filezilla but cannot get an answer. I thought I would be a case of connect and go but the same problem arises every time

Hi

Same IP address with too and pkteam aw passwords on champions Hyperion v4 image.

If you cannot ping the box you are doing something wrong, it's the place you start for network troubleshooting, give it a static ip and do the network test to confirm you have a connection, then ping it

Gave box

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Zardoz

An example of this is a simple but nice option is that you can choose whether time comes from a Transponder or an NTP server. I don't remember seeing that before.

Hyperion has that function too .

I wonder will the price of the Spark boxes increase with the Openatv developments ?

Gave box wide IP 192.168.1.25 so tablets and phones were not on. Still no connection.

Pinged in terminal ping 192.168.1.25

Received

From 192.168.1.14 destination host unreachable.

I cancelled dhcp and set address to 192.168.1.25 so I can't understand this response.

Is that .25 ip outside the DHCP pool your router is assigning ips from?
    Did you do the network test in enigma to confirm your static ip settings are right. Destination host unreachable means there is no device at the ip you are trying to ping (no reply)
    Can the device your pinging from ping the router?

Zardoz wrote: »
    Hyperion has that function too .

I wonder will the price of the Spark boxes increase with the Openatv developments ?

Spark 2 moves to different hardware (Arm) and runs on Android

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Spark 2 moves to different hardware (Arm) and runs on Android

I'm talking about the Spark 1 boxes ,now that the receiver has OE Alliance backing will the demand increase hence driving prices up or is it too late in the lifecycle for that to happen anyway.

Those Spark 2 boxes wont catch on at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

I've started from scratch. In that way, I knew exactly what I did and where rather than going through someone else's. I should hopefully have a copy ready for tomorrow evening for someone to test drive :) I'm trying to include exactly the same stuff that I had in the OpenAR-P image.

/QUOTE]

Hope you have this tomorrow too... Going to wait and see. have to have the box fixed by monday. thanks for sharing

Have WAN address but no LAN address when I did check.

Could this be affecting the process?

Zardoz wrote: »
    I'm talking about the Spark 1 boxes ,now that the receiver has OE Alliance backing will the demand increase hence driving prices up or is it too late in the lifecycle for that to happen anyway.

Those Spark 2 boxes wont catch on at all.

I don't agree, Android is rock solid stable on Arm, Android will eventually take over completely from Enigma as it's in constant development and has support. This first Spark 2 receiver won't be great, but wait till they release multi tuners and the community see Android as a better option to Enigma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Hi

Same IP address with root and pkteam as passwords on champions Hyperion v4 image.

I have scoured the net and filezilla but cannot get an answer. I thought I would be a case of connect and go but the same problem arises every time

Hold on. Are you using championc open arp image or freshpots HV4? Cos cc doesn't have a HV4 image.

Have WAN address but no LAN address when I did check.

Could this be affecting the process?

Yes, you obviously have some detail wrong in your static ip. I can't understand how you have a Wan and not a Lan ip

Hi. I am running freshpots v4 image.

LAN is 192.168.1.2
    WAN is 192.168.1.14

The WAN pings me back when I connect to the box.

How can I set a static IP for the box. It was set as 192.168.1.2 for both images

Hi. I am running freshpots v4 image.

LAN is 192.168.1.2
    WAN is 192.168.1.14

The WAN pings me back when I connect to the box.

How can I set a static IP for the box. It was set as 192.168.1.2 for both images

Right, start from scratch. What is your router ip? what range of addresses are used in the dhcp pool?

I am taking this info off terminal in Linux

Eth0 192.168.1.2
    Bcast 192.168.1.255

l0 127.0.0.1

wlan0 192.168.1.14
    Bcast 192.168.1.255

AA2 IP 192.168.1.25
    Gateway 192.168.1.254

Is this 255 and 254 the problem? Should the gateway be 255 instead?

I am taking this info off terminal in Linux

Eth0 192.168.1.2
    Bcast 192.168.1.255

l0 127.0.0.1

wlan0 192.168.1.14
    Bcast 192.168.1.255

AA2 IP 192.168.1.25
    Gateway 192.168.1.254

Is this 255 and 254 the problem? Should the gateway be 255 instead?

.255 is always the broadcast ip in a 255.255.255.0 subnet, it's the ip all devices talk to all other devices on. You can never assign it to an end device
    .254 looks like your gateway router, this is your gateway to other networks

If you go not know what range of ips your router is giving out for DHCP leases turn back on dhcp on the Alien. You cannot just assign it an ip without knowing this, could be doubled up

• Advertisement

You also cannot have two interfaces connected to the same network in the same subnet, you'll have to disable wireless if you're using Ethernet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement