Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick v. Wexford, SHC QF, Semple Stadium @ 2pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Grats wrote: »
    Surely the capacity number of tickets would have been divided equally amongst the four participating counties? If that's not the case then Wexford should object. Doesn't make sense.

I imagine the allocated tickets would have to be equal, but there are a lot on sale online/in centra/super valu.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭The Letheram

Supervalu and tickets.ie having them before the CLUBS in the counties participating is a joke. God forbid playing or paid up members get first pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 katcha

Wexford poster,

Yes they went On sale before the wex v wat game was played.
    And the tickets have not been divided out equally among all participating teams.
    A lot of honest attending wexford fans are missing out now through no fault of their own, it's a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

katcha wrote: »
    Wexford poster,

And the tickets have not been divided out equally among all participating teams.
    A lot of honest attending wexford fans are missing out now through no fault of their own, it's a disgrace.

Is this true? That's not on tbh, should be equally divided and if allocation isn't used, they could be returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

Being honest it has been a total screw up along the line as I don't think anyone outside of wexford was expecting this demand of tickets.

It is a needless distraction for a AI qf... Best of luck to all limerick fans if you beat us which I think ye will I will be roaring ye on to win an all Ireland

• Advertisement

Being honest it has been a total screw up along the line as I don't think anyone outside of wexford was expecting this demand of tickets.

It is a needless distraction for a AI qf... Best of luck to all limerick fans if you beat us which I think ye will I will be roaring ye on to win an all Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

It is a needless distraction for a AI qf... Best of luck to all limerick fans if you beat us which I think ye will I will be roaring ye on to win an all Ireland[/QUOTE]
    Now. now Gizmo don't be forgetting what province you are from:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Wexford trying to get the game switched to Croke Park. A bit late in the day for that tbh. The GAA have been selling tickets since last Tuesday. If the demand was there the GAA should of put one game on Saturday and one on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

katcha wrote: »
    Wexford poster,

Stand tickets are not sold out, the stand tickets that went on general sale are. All the clubs still have tickets to distribute around and county boards likewise. A few thousand go on general sale online and in the shops. The rest go to clubs.

Many people are over reacting in a big way. Anyone that wants to be at the match on Sunday will be. It won't be a sell out.

Last years 1/4 finals in Thurles involving Cork, Kilkenny, Galway and Clare pulled in only 34,000. So add in another 10,000 max, still way below capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭The Letheram

shmeee wrote: »
    Stand tickets are not sold out, the stand tickets that went on general sale are. All the clubs still have tickets to distribute around and county boards likewise. A few thousand go on general sale online and in the shops. The rest go to clubs.

Many people are over reacting in a big way. Anyone that wants to be at the match on Sunday will be. It won't be a sell out.

Last years 1/4 finals in Thurles involving Cork, Kilkenny, Galway and Clare pulled in only 34,000. So add in another 10,000 max, still way below capacity.

What is Thurles Capacity as a matter of interest?
    Wexford Co. board have warned clubs that their allocation may be onpy half of what they ordered. We are a very small rural club and have phoned in an order for 130 tickets. As far as I know we are the smallest parish in the county and have nobody on the panel.
    Tickets are tight in the county.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭sjb25

I think wexford county board are saying they don't have them to give to clubs that's the problem

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

glued wrote: »
    Wexford trying to get the game switched to Croke Park. A bit late in the day for that tbh. The GAA have been selling tickets since last Tuesday. If the demand was there the GAA should of put one game on Saturday and one on Sunday.

I think its stupid Wexford trying to get it changed, but I'd say its just posturing to get more tickets. But how can you say that the GAA were selling them since last Tuesday and if the demand was there? Wexford werent even qualified last Tuesday when the venue and times were announced along with the start of the sale of tickets. Wexford are creating the demand.

clubs in Wexford have orders in for 5,000 stand tickets. They have been given 2,000. That doesnt make much sense to me, especially considering there was well over 15,000 Wexford fans at their last 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭twistyj

Does a standard ticket for €20 cover both games?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭DaveR1

bruschi wrote: »
    Considering there was well over 15,000 Wexford fans at their last 2 games.

Don't know where you are pulling this figure from - official attendance last saturday was 18,964.

Thurles will not be full at the weekend, everyone will get a ticket and the atmosphere will be great. If it was in Croke Park, the stadium would be half full and lifeless. The atmosphere in Thurles will be unreal, 3 matches full stadium, sun shining. What more could you want!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What is Thurles Capacity as a matter of interest?
    Wexford Co. board have warned clubs that their allocation may be onpy half of what they ordered. We are a very small rural club and have phoned in an order for 130 tickets. As far as I know we are the smallest parish in the county and have nobody on the panel.
    Tickets are tight in the county.

Rte says its 53,500 capacity

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/hurling/2014/0722/632290-wexford-want-quarter-finals-switched-to-croke-park/

Cant see how everyone cant be accommodated in the next biggest ground after croker.

I think it'll stay in Thurles

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Cant bate a Gaa bandwagon, where were all these Wexford fans for the last 10 years?

They only want it moved to Croker cause they couldn't get refund from the hotels they booked for Garth Brooks that weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Semple Stadium Capacity - 53,500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Cant bate a Gaa bandwagon, where were all these Wexford fans for the last 10 years?

They only want it moved to Croker cause they couldn't get refund from the hotels they booked for Garth Brooks that weekend :)

There was something like 300 Wexford fans in Cusack Park. Bandwagon indeed.

There were 700 at the clare match in ennis well that was the number of tickets purchased in wexford..

This has no chance of being moved and rightly so Thurles is the home of the QFs and has been for a long time.

I think the main issue here has been the allocation to wexford compared to the allocation of gaa.ie and supervalue it would seem there was a faux pas and the wrong number were sent out. Also why were they on sale online when the fourth team was yet to be knowin.

If your from wexford and havent got a ticket i would be trying anyone you know in tipp and limerick as word on the grapvine is dublin have got less then us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,513 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Rightwing wrote: »
    If Limerick can't win this one, I'll give up.

Thats a bit harsh on Wexford.....

• Advertisement

DaveR1 wrote: »
    Don't know where you are pulling this figure from - official attendance last saturday was 18,964.

Thurles will not be full at the weekend, everyone will get a ticket and the atmosphere will be great. If it was in Croke Park, the stadium would be half full and lifeless. The atmosphere in Thurles will be unreal, 3 matches full stadium, sun shining. What more could you want!!!

and most acknowledged Wexford far outnumbered Waterford at the game. Maybe not 15k, but it wouldnt have been far off it. Even Waterford fans thought they were outnumbered 4 to 1, which would give it the 15k figure I am saying.

I think its stupid Wexford trying to get it changed, but I'd say its just posturing to get more tickets. But how can you say that the GAA were selling them since last Tuesday and if the demand was there? Wexford werent even qualified last Tuesday when the venue and times were announced along with the start of the sale of tickets. Wexford are creating the demand.

clubs in Wexford have orders in for 5,000 stand tickets. They have been given 2,000. That doesnt make much sense to me, especially considering there was well over 15,000 Wexford fans at their last 2 games.

How many Wexford fans made the journey to Ennis?

1,000 max?

Pure bandwagon is all it is not, best fans in the world and so on.

How many Wexford fans made the journey to Ennis?

1,000 max?

Pure bandwagon is all it is not, best fans in the world and so on.

is this some sort of new phenomenon in GAA? Who said they were the best fans in the world? the same thing comes up year after year with every big game thats on. they had a big crowd for their last 2 games, do you say the same thing when the AI final comes around and people cant get tickets? ye only had x amount at the first game, sure why would ye need more now.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Its not band waggonery, its human nature. All Counties, All Countries, All Sports!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Semple being 'Home of the Quarter Finals' is a nonsense, they only came in around 1997 or so

As soon as Brooks was off the scene, these games should have reverted to Croke Park for reasons of capacity and due recognition to their status.

If Wexford lose to Limerick in Thurles, they wont have seen the inside of Croker all season, which is ridiculous.

is this some sort of new phenomenon in GAA? Who said they were the best fans in the world? the same thing comes up year after year with every big game thats on. they had a big crowd for their last 2 games, do you say the same thing when the AI final comes around and people cant get tickets? ye only had x amount at the first game, sure why would ye need more now.

Yesterday in the Indo,a mention of Wexford being the best fans in the article on the match.

A 1,000 or so in Ennis is poor, and the county board said genuine fans aren't getting a seat. How many genuine fans do each county have is the question?

Yes obviously, more people will go to the bigger games but this match will not be sold out, no fear of that. And if the genuine fans can't stand for 70 minutes on a terrace to watch their beloved county, then they can't complain.

*yes, I'm aware kids and elderly people would find the terrace quiet difficult before it's mentioned.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Semple being 'Home of the Quarter Finals' is a nonsense, they only came in around 1997 or so

As soon as Brooks was off the scene, these games should have reverted to Croke Park for reasons of capacity and due recognition to their status.

If Wexford lose to Limerick in Thurles, they wont have seen the inside of Croker all season, which is ridiculous.

There was 33,000 in Thurles for last years 1/4 finals. Why would the GAA think that Thurles is not big enough again this year? No reason whatsoever.

Yesterday in the Indo,a mention of Wexford being the best fans in the article on the match.

A 1,000 or so in Ennis is poor, and the county board said genuine fans aren't getting a seat. How many genuine fans do each county have is the question?

Yes obviously, more people will go to the bigger games but this match will not be sold out, no fear of that. And if the genuine fans can't stand for 70 minutes on a terrace to watch their beloved county, then they can't complain.

*yes, I'm aware kids and elderly people would find the terrace quiet difficult before it's mentioned.

I'll be on the terrace myself, but you dont magically turn up at the time the game starts and leave as it ends. Anyone who will watch both (if not all 3 games) will be standing for at least 4 hours and walk to and from the ground. I know people who wouldnt be able for that, and as you say, kids and elderly people would find it difficult. So why eliminate them?

2,000 seating tickets in a ground that supposedly has 24,000 seats is a ridiculous amount to be given. the GAA made a mess of this. Selling tickets before one of the counties was known, and then giving them a paltry amount was really bad management.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

If they wanted to see Croke Park they should have beaten Dublin for a spot in the Leinster final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Same goes for Limerick and Tipperary if they lose.. It's not ridiculous in the slightest!!

Also tbe statement coming from.Wexford.. They simply don't want terrace tickets as the people want to sit?.

From the Wexford chairman ""I just don't understand the logic. Why make 20,000 people stand when there is no need for it. They're not patrons, they're customers."

Boo hoo feckin take a terrace ticket and be happy!

Advertisement