Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

We can all play that game.

Dublin
    Thursday 19:27
    Thick heavy grey clouds
    Drizzle, drizzle, drizzle
    Damp, damp, damp
    21°C (inside my house)
    Humidity........:D
    Wind, 20.......waw-evah!
    Precipitation.......who cares?

Aaaaaaaaah this is the life! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    We can all play that game.

Dublin
    Thursday 19:27
    Thick heavy grey clouds
    Drizzle, drizzle, drizzle
    Damp, damp, damp
    21°C (inside my house)
    Humidity........:D
    Wind, 20.......waw-evah!
    Precipitation.......who cares?

Aaaaaaaaah this is the life! :D

Phew! For a moment, I thought you were going to tell Chucken about the mahoosive flying insects in Greece this year, with teeth made by Gillette and wearing CSI-style overalls to protect them from the sprays you get in the chemist. They're so big, you can track them on www.flightradar24.com

Mrs. BrensBenz has just returned from a wedding on a Greek Island (I'm still not allowed to fly....yippee drat and double drat). She had the time of her life but brought home tales of stings, swellings, blisters, rashes, bathroom occupations, dehydration and worse. And jellyfish as big as ferris wheels, Joe! The only unaffected people were the non-drinkers (no alcohol in their sweat).

Emm, well, emm....all except Corfu, of course. Corfu's grand! Not a bother in Corfu. Great place, Corfu.

Have a great time - bring curry powder, chili peppers and a burqa.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I've seen some ginormous waspy things. Of course the mozzies are feasting on me. Off out now to buy a flame thrower :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Roast mozzie soup on the menu tonight then :D

We haven't had that for ages!

• Advertisement

You should pop round to Chuck's place Jelly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Gay for a day. Heading into the Pride Parade for the glitteriest day of the year. i may take several thousand photographs.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,862 ✭✭✭✭muffler

OldGoat wrote: »
    i may take several thousand photographs.
    ...or be photographed several thousand times :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Ye'r all gone very quiet in here :(

I'm melted....44 degrees today :D:cool:

Chucken wrote: »

Not much to report really. Oh, except that Andy Murray is Scottish again. He was British for just a year but was promoted demoted today.

The ladies grunting championships at Wimbledon are progressing nicely. Great grunting yesterday but the grunters names are unpronounceable.

Meanwhile, in Brazil, Eric Morecambe shorts are edging ahead of Benny Hil shorts. (Shorts?). Grown-men-wearing-aprons TV shows have been replaced by grown-men-wearing-silly shorts TV shows and no end is in sight.

And we don't talk about Rolf Harris any more.

Oh, and I hate to tell you but....you know the wounds and illnesses you're going to get from the flying knashers in Greece and how you were content knowing that there would be an antibiotic cure-all? Well, according to the latest scientific report, antibiotics are soon to be useless and we're all going to be killed by microbes, i.e. small wardrobes. Now, you may think that the airborne biters in Greece are way too big to be considered microbes but, and again I hate to tell you, the microbes are using the biters as mere transport vehhickles. When successfully invaded by these microbes, you and your buddies will bring them home. Thanks.

Otherwise, not much happn'in here.

10 / 4
    Over and Out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Chucken wrote: »

We've gone soccer mad. Pop over to the World Cup thread. Columbia and Costa Rico need supporters, don't ask! We haven't a clue (when I say we I mean me) what we are doing but it sure makes the matches interesting.

Take it you are enjoying yourself!!!!

Was the 44 degs before or after all the candles were lit;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Layinghen wrote: »
    We've gone soccer mad. Pop over to the World Cup thread. Columbia and Costa Rico need supporters, don't ask! We haven't a clue (when I say we I mean me) what we are doing but it sure makes the matches interesting.

I have just posted on the World Cup Thread, which can be completely overturned by the intervention of any regulars, who wish to come forward.

At this stage, even irregulars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Sneaks a peek at the World Cup thread.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,141 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I actually even watched some of the Nigeria match in the interests of my being appointed supporter.

Ooops, I am supposed to be waving red cards at ye for talking f***b*** in this thread. Get ye to the appointed thread!

BrensBenz wrote: »
    .....we're all going to be killed by microbes, i.e. small wardrobes.....

That is soooo Spike Milligan! :D

I miss Spike Milligan. I first saw him live on my 21st birthday. After some madcap surielist stuff he started to read some poetry. He lulled the audience into a reverent hush. He elegantly introduced a new poem by relating a story of a lone woman, aged and separated from her family.
    "This" he said "This is a poem for the lonely...

"Hello".

He followed that with a poem for the lonely and the hard of hearing...

Hello!

Hi OG, I see you have returned from the revelry. I have harsh words to say to you. I have been informed by folk who live in the city that the mess in the streets after Gay Day is horrendous. They request anyone who was involved in said Gay Day should return to the scene and sweep up please, so pick yer broom and git sweepin'! Grrrrrrrr! :mad:

I have minions for that sort of thing.

Hrummmph! You left sequins all over the city, you should sweep 'em up! Imagine walking in a pile of sequins, yuck!

Without wishing to sound crude it has been known that being backstage of a burlesque show glitter can be ingested and at a later point in time passed. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

I've heard of the sun shining out of someone's ---- but this is a new one all together :p

Without wishing to sound crude it has been known that being backstage of a burlesque show glitter can be ingested and at a later point in time passed. :o

Sharing far too much OG.

:eek:

I wonder how that would affect me?

Only one way to find out Rubes. Join me on an escapade some weekend. You'll be perfectly safe. Promise.

/Twists fingers into a crossed finger configuration

Hides and whimpers

Yer on OG........

Tries to smile through his fear

Only one way to find out Rubes. Join me on an escapade some weekend. You'll be perfectly safe. Promise.

/Twists fingers into a crossed finger configuration
    Rubecula wrote: »
    Hides and whimpers

Yer on OG........

Tries to smile through his fear

Man up (???) and start sewing those sequins back onto your mankinis.
    Duhhh! Take them off first! No...no....not here - behind the screen!
    You found that sequin where? I don't wish to know that.
    Dirty articles! I'm tellin' on youze, so I am.

Note to self: I used to be such a wholesome, fragrant person - the men in black, sequinless maxi dresses said so - until I came across Os&Os. Now, not only do I regularly encounter discussions concerning alcoholic beverages; burlesque shows; lack of due respect for authority but but but now they've got me involved in not just......soccer......but bluddy French soccer!

Waaaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhh..... Slurp...snorrfff.....waaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhh!

BrensBenz I would put the blame squarely in Chucken's court (because she is not here and won't bite back) :pac:

Os&Os,

Could I distract yiz from the fuhbollin' and the boozin' for a minute and ask yiz for some back-up?

There are "people" on that After Hours place deriding our ability to comprehend their Geek instructions on techno stuff - see "Helping people who are no good at computers".

So far, it's been a litany of martyrs detailing, in bad English, just how thick their parents are. I bravely stood alone against this tsunami of unoriginal prose and makey-uppy anecdotes for quite some time, defending us and our abilities, using exquisite logic and correct spelling. But there has been a long pause - it takes them time to get offended and to google some response - so I'm expecting some heavy violence from them soon.

So, if yizzar sober and still don't understand the offside rule, take a visit to AH and give them what for. Nerdy whippersnapper pups.

I already saw that post earlier Brens and began replying, but I pulled out of it because I know it could get nasty. I thought of getting Chucken to reply as she is the only one to survive AH but decided to let the AH'ers get on with their whining about old folks, after all they will find out about it themselves at some (late) stage. I wonder what their grandkids will moan about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,141 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Hi folks, go and sort them out by all means, but the off side rule states that we can't give out about another forum in this (or any other) one. (I personally fought the agist battle in another forum but got nowhere). I seem to be doing a lot of giving out recently!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement